Oliver Deleted Tweet

BillsDiehard

1 hour ago, Kiva said:

Trade him for a 3rd. Guy is just average and slow for his size. 

In the playoffs against KC in two games and Cinci, he's logged 3 TFL, 2 QB Hits, and a mere 1 sack.  The Chiefs scored on the drive that he logged his sack on.  

Ironically, those are the highlights, and none of Beane's draft picks on our D has outperformed him in the playoffs, sadly.  

In 8 total playoff games he's logged 4 TFL, 5 QB Hits, and 2 Sacks.  

Oddly, to add some perspective, Basham, in his only four playoff games, has logged 2 TFL, 3 QB Hits, and 2 Sacks.  on a per game basis that's the same number of TFLs, slightly more QB Hits, and double the sacks.  

As much as McBeane say that they're tried to create a team that can beat KC, and now presumably Cinci, they've done the exact opposite on D.  

It is what it is.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Magox said:

The problem with a trade is value.  What if he turns out to be a stud?  He has shown stretches of his career that he can be dominant.

Then again he’s shown to be rather inconsistent at times.  If you trade him it would have to at least be a 2nd rounder, if you can’t get that I’d rather just roll with him another year and hope he has a breakout season in which you could re-sign him then.

I would take a 2nd for him but I’d also be willing to take two 3rds as well, even if it meant that we get a 3rd in 2023 and a third in 2024. Buffalo is paying Josh $45M/year and if we want to put a solid roster around him, we need to do a better job accumulating picks both short term and long term. That’s the approach New England took with Tom Brady, so why not do it ourselves? It worked for them. Play the compensation game too while you’re at it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PBF81 said:

In the playoffs against KC in two games and Cinci, he's logged 3 TFL, 2 QB Hits, and a mere 1 sack.  The Chiefs scored on the drive that he logged his sack on.  

You're blaming Oliver - or desperately trying, anyway - for the fact that the Chiefs scored on the drive that he got his sack? That says far more about you than about Oliver. It says you don't like the guy and you're willing to use even illogical arguments to attack him.

Oliver's been one of the Bills top five or six players this year. He's also gotten better each year.

Certainly not impossible, almost nothing is, but if it happens it will leave a massive hole they can't fill right now.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

My guess is his post had nothing to do with his contract at all and he only deleted it because his agent told him how it looks. Athletes have a life outside of football.

You’re probably right.  I bet he was at the bank and got angry at a teller 

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

What else might he be talking about?

Anything. Show me the money doesn't always literally mean "show me the money." He could be talking about a girl he's trying to hook up with. Young people post random crap on social media everyday. I don't even know what about his contract he could be upset about? It's a 5th year option, it can't be touched.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Other than Allen and Milano, the entire roster could be shot out of a circus cannon at this point. 

Diggs nonstop commentary.. Oliver deleted tweets.. This is what happens when you keep falling short..  The culture is great, until it’s not.  

I still think it’s a great locker room, comparatively, but it certainly seems time for a shake up type of off-season.  

This group has fallen short 3x in a row.  

It’s time to shuffle the deck.  

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Diggs nonstop commentary.. Oliver deleted tweets.. This is what happens when you keep falling short..  The culture is great, until it’s not.  

I still think it’s a great locker room, comparatively, but it certainly seems time for a shake up type of off-season.  

This group has fallen short 3x in a row.  

It’s time to shuffle the deck.  

I think yhe Bills are going to have a disappointing year this year.  I am prepared for it.  Poor dafting/fa capital has set the team back and its really starting to catch up with them now.  Jmo of course 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.