Robert Woods to Texans, 2 years $15mm

Inigo Montoya

13 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Injuries happen, he has looked good when healthy, a borderline #1 but top flight #2, I think they got a relative bargain for the risk of seeing if he’s back to form.

It makes sense for them for the reasons I stated...........they have cap space and are an unattractive destination and if he pans out then paying him half of what his market value would be if totally healthy($15M) leaves them at worst with a tradeable asset.     Paying him half rate is too much for the Bills given the uncertainty around his rebound.    They don't have that kind of flexibility.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It was either Marino or Cover1, they did a breakdown of our DL before and after Von’s injury by all kinds of metrics .. and Oliver wasn’t good.. at all.  

Von, Rousseau and (to a lesser extent) Epenesa were the only ones who showed up.  

I guess your statement is qualified for Ed by saying “when healthy”… I don’t know… guy seems needs to be fully healthy and have top talent around him to be effective. 

Yeah Oliver got a high ankle sprain in the opener and then after a strong run at mid-season he got hurt again and was ineffective.      

It's a popular take to play up DaQuan like he was a hidden-All Pro but the reality is that he merely exceeded expectations that some had because they figured he was going to be yet another of Beane's no-impact DT signings.    He actually was what he always was but for the first time he was playing on a team that forced the opponent to pass the ball a lot.   Everyone's play/impact dropped off when Miller got hurt and Rousseau got the high ankle sprain.   The pass rush did not recover.    

15 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The Bills actually still overpay for average free agents........Daquan Jones is a steady $4M aav snap-sharing block absorber and they gave him about $7.5 aav for some reason........and the $6M for Rodger Saffold deal made no sense at all.   The "Buffalo as a destination" value-acquisition-thing hasn't really materialized as promised.   They keep some of their own on good deals and do actually get some cheap prove-it and ring chasing low end deals like Crowder and Quessenberry that they would have never gotten when they sucked though. 

The Bills do overpay, but I think it's a Bean thing more than anything else.  

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Yep, needs a perfect scenario to show up, the exact type of player you don’t pay.

Exactly.  

I think he’s worth it on a team that doesn’t have a QB to pay.   A luxury piece for a team with cap space. 

Put him next to a monster DT and see if you can unlock his potential, but we don’t have the luxury to pay a guy who is dependent upon us paying other guys to help him. 

Edited by SCBills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.