Here come the restructures

78thealltimegreat

35 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Which indicates that at least one has happened......

They have like 10 days until the league year begins..........obviously re-structures are coming.

In other news............"Here come the free agent signings"

Misleading post league year begins March 15 they don’t have 10 days they have around 5 and change 

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Misleading post league year begins March 15 they don’t have 10 days they have around 5 and change 

My mistake it is the 10th so they actually only have about 4 1/2 days left or so 

2 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Beane never goes into the Draft with a glaring hole in the roster.  He will work free agency like he does every year to fill the holes in the roster and walk into the Draft able to go in any direction.  That's his MO.

Beane is great at overpaying average talent to fill holes and using draft picks to add more average talent. No big whiffs, but a lot of singles and doubles in UFA.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, cba fan said:

what many forget is most contracts now come with restructure language team can invoke at any time. Simple notice to players. agents, banks, payroll dept of team, then money payouts are commenced per new restructure schedule.

And player gets money sooner, so they are happy too. 

So no time-consuming negotiations and team can wait until last minutes to activate them depending on what moves come up as ops present themselves as FA runs.

i see just the opposite. He always drafts players they interview or bring in for visits. And telegraphs need picks in first round every year. Just like most do.

The most frustrating thing with Beane, as shown in Embedded, is he gets excited about a certain player, panicky that he’ll be gone at given pick and trades other picks to move up and get his player.  (Ex: Ford)

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, folz said:

14390619_800.thumb.jpeg.1e074c7622af820c9afa90ae16f5be7f.jpeg  

😁😉

I worked with a guy who used to type "walla" sometimes in his emails.  I didn't have it in me to correct him.  I wonder if anyone ever steered him right.

54 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I’d say Saffold qualifies as a big whiff. 

Star was a whiff

• Like (+1) 1

Can one of the local cap gurus help me out.

I was under the impression that restructuring Von would meaning extending  what was essentially a 3 year deal and a bunch of team options. 

Because of that I thought the Von contract was untouchable. Or at least irresponsible to restructure for a 34 year old after a second ACL tear. 

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

Can one of the local cap gurus help me out.

I was under the impression that restructuring Von would meaning extending  what was essentially a 3 year deal and a bunch of team options. 

Because of that I thought the Von contract was untouchable. Or at least irresponsible to restructure for a 34 year old after a second ACL tear. 

Von Miller has a guaranteed roster bonus of $13.345M due this month. It’s a simple measure to convert that to a signing bonus and spread it out over the next 5 seasons. That clears $10.676M this season. 

Edited by BarleyNY

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I’d say Saffold qualifies as a big whiff. 

He whiffed on a lot of blocks this year, but at 1 year I'm not going to get worked up.  

Oh wait, forgot about TBD All-Star Star Lotulelei....there's the big UFA whiff.  

4 hours ago, cba fan said:

what many forget is most contracts now come with restructure language team can invoke at any time. Simple notice to players. agents, banks, payroll dept of team, then money payouts are commenced per new restructure schedule.

And player gets money sooner, so they are happy too. 

So no time-consuming negotiations and team can wait until last minutes to activate them depending on what moves come up as ops present themselves as FA runs.

i see just the opposite. He always drafts players they interview or bring in for visits. And telegraphs need picks in first round every year. Just like most do.

when did that start? i swear i remember kc asking hill to do it 3 years  ago and him publically proclaiming no

2 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Beane is great at overpaying average talent to fill holes and using draft picks to add more average talent. No big whiffs, but a lot of singles and doubles in UFA.

That’s why we keep missing the playoffs and finishing the season with an average record.  Maybe the next GM will set the team up as a perennial playoff team and AFC East champ that wins 10 or more games a season. Oh wait…

4 hours ago, BBFL said:

100% agreement. 

Dawkins and White are the only viable big cap hit candidates. Really don’t see Milano being restructured; if anything he warrants more money via an extension and we’ll with Diggs being restructured just 2 years ago I find that will be a tough task to ask again. Had we made a Super Bowl or won a Lombardi? Totally different. 

Why would he care?  He still gets the same money.  He’d just get it sooner.  Most folks would like to get their money sooner than later.

11 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

That’s why we keep missing the playoffs and finishing the season with an average record.  Maybe the next GM will set the team up as a perennial playoff team and AFC East champ that wins 10 or more games a season. Oh wait…

Many people on this board believe that we are bad at head coach, defensive coordinator, offensive coordinator, WR, offensive line, defensive line, tight end and GM.  

We barely have any talent on the field, coaching staff or front office.  This team winning more than 5 games a year is a miracle.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yup, I think they'll also approach Tre & Dion. Not sure if they'll mess with Milano or Diggs though? We need enough for Tremaine's replacement,  an olineman and WR.

I think Milano is the obvious one to do. I'd try really hard not to touch Tre until I see him play because if he still isn't himself I might want out of that one. Likewise Dion, as he struggled down the stretch last year and has issues staying at the right weight as he gets older. Milano is the guy I am pretty sure will keep playing a high level the longest. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, 0017 said:

I love Beane don’t get me wrong, but last year he telegraphed that CB selection pretty bad. It was a glaring hole for sure. 

We will go in to the draft with one hole at least, it may not be glaring but G, WR, LB, RB may not be completely solved in FA. I think 3 of the 4 will be addressed in some capacity and the other will be a Day 1 or Day 2 pick.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.