The great Otis Taylor has died.

Chandler#81

R.I.P. #89

Those of you old enough to remember, knew he was an incredible player and SB Champ. He was instrumental in the merger between the AFL & NFL. During the Draft process, an NFL team tried to hide him in a hotel until they signed him. But he snuck out a window and signed with Kansas City, immediately making them a super team. Brilliant, decade long career. It’s a true Black Eye on the NFL HOF that he hasn’t been elected yet.

Thank you for the wonderful memories, Otis!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 3
  • Thank you (+1) 8

indeed Otis Taylor was a star...as a kid this super bowl I watched and I was rooting for the Vikes for no reason other than the Bills sucked and the Vikes won and their uniforms were cool...

the Chiefs of that era were full of outstanding players like Otis Taylor well worthy of the HoF or just short and should be in the something special like AFL Hall of Fame

?

Vikes 7 total coaches and Chiefs had 10 featuring the nattily clad Hank Stram team blazer, thanks to NFL films...they matriculated the ball downfield by nickel and diming them and of course the 69 Horse Power Trap...both teams OL and DL were star-studded...

Super Bowl IV Rosters & Coaching Staffs (hoffco-inc.com)

RIP Otis and thanks for the memories

The Super Bowl IV highlight film, featuring Hank Stram and the Chiefs, is still the best one ever and I watch it every year when the Super Bowl highlights are played on NFL Network.  Stram, the NFL Films music, and "The Voice of God" John Facenda, all make for a great video.

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m definitely old enough. He was a great player indeed. 

Same here.  I remember as a kid seeing him a lot on TV and he always seemed to have himself in the right position to make these great over-the-shoulder catches without turning for the ball or breaking stride. 

3 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Truly great star.

We all rooted for him and his KC Chiefs against the hated NFL in the Super Bowls back in the day.

Yes we did. KC had a solid team for a few years & Hank won a super bowl. I'm surprised too that Otis wasn't in the HOF. When I think about some of these older greats (NFC also) I feel like they are better than many of the so called superstars today. Rules were different back then, a lot more defensive pass coverage & hard nose football.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.