Jets pursuit of Rodgers is fueling bills offseason focus

Reed83HOF

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

The minute he starts losing any, will fill chewing up and spit them out

New York media is brutal. It’s not like Green Bay where they’re going to play patty cake with them and consider him an icon.

By "New York media", I assume you mean the Post and, to a far lesser degree, the Daily News.  If they had the ability to "chew up and spit out" anyone, Daniel Jones would have been long gone--same for Saleh.

Aaron Rodgers has to be the worst possible example you could have thought of as a guy who could be rattled by any iteration of "the media", by the way...

33 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

By "New York media", I assume you mean the Post and, to a far lesser degree, the Daily News.  If they had the ability to "chew up and spit out" anyone, Daniel Jones would have been long gone--same for Saleh.

Aaron Rodgers has to be the worst possible example you could have thought of as a guy who could be rattled by any iteration of "the media", by the way...

This guy gets irritated if the wind don’t blow a certain way

Oh yeah and he’s old

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

This guy gets irritated if the wind don’t blow a certain way

Oh yeah and he’s old

You have it exactly backwards.

He's spent the year listening to everyone and anyone in the media ranking on him--especially in the off season.  He's absolutely manipulating them with all this "weirdo" stuff.  He's getting off on this---why else would he putting all this behavior out there?  He's toying with them.

The tabloid back pagers in the city won't lay a glove on him--they've always been ankle biters. 

He's cashing checks.  He "don't care".

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You have it exactly backwards.

He's spent the year listening to everyone and anyone in the media ranking on him--especially in the off season.  He's absolutely manipulating them with all this "weirdo" stuff.  He's getting off on this---why else would he putting all this behavior out there?  He's toying with them.

The tabloid back pagers in the city won't lay a glove on him--they've always been ankle biters. 

He's cashing checks.  He "don't care".

That’s good news for us. I don’t want him emotionally invested in the Jets.

7 hours ago, Thrivefourfive said:

If the Bills can’t handle the Jets, this whole thing needs to be reassessed. 

The Jets D is legit.  They have excellent talent at the skill positions and a lot of youth.  Last year the Bills didn’t “handle” them.   They were both very competitive games.   If the Jets get good QB play consistently they will be a problem.   

Randy Mueller’s tweet doesn’t bother me at all.   I hope he’s hearing things in his NFL circles.   The Bills cannot stay static this off-season.  

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea… as long as it doesn’t mean blowing their wad on more useless defensive resources.

Useless is relative in this context.   They will conceivably need to replace Poyer and Edmunds. 

That said, to me, Mueller’s statement means they need to find a way to score points and control the rock.   That means offensive line upgrades and resources into the skill positions including RB.    That’s how teams will beat the Jets D;  multiple weapons and an ability to run.  With Rodgers that’s what the Jets offense will be able to do.

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Agree with multiple weapons and offensive line upgrades…. Big assets into the RB position is a wasted endeavor…. As is controlling the clock. Scoring a lot of points with big plays is what the Bills seem to want to do and I think it’s the right move to build on that. 

Big assets is another relative term.   What is big or too much?  Depends on the running back.  

Controlling the ball doesn’t mean they abandon the pass.  It means they need to play better situational football.    There are times when being able to run will help them.    I think Josh Allen can be more of a nightmare by having to do less.  Big plays will still be there because he’s that type of QB.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.