Jets pursuit of Rodgers is fueling bills offseason focus

Reed83HOF

Just now, BillsFan2313 said:

KC and Cincy are fueling the off-season focus, not the Jets. 

The off-season should be no other team than our own. A balanced offensive unit that still relies on Josh. 

Trying to play catch up did not get us to where we are at. Letting Josh, well… Josh is what has. In fact, one could say focusing on the Chiefs last off-season is part of what went wrong this year. Lack of quality depth all around by chucking money at a (yes HOF) defensive end who is playing in part of a heavy rotated unit. 

With the amount of $ and draft capital invested in that defensive line you would think there would be results to show. At best, they were below average when Von went down. Absolutely abysmal in the Playoffs. 

• Agree 7

A team that spends energy focusing on another team is a loser.  Buffalo seems to focus alot on Kansas City,, and Yay, they beat them in the regular seasons.  Wonderful.  Now maybe they will focus on Cincinnati too this offseason.

Meanwhile KC doesn't care.  They focus on themselves.  They even lose to Buffalo and Cinci during the season but they focus on winning playoff games and Super Bowls.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

As an executive:

Seattle Seahawks (1983–1989)

Pro personnel assistant

Seattle Seahawks (1990–1994)

Pro personnel director

Seattle Seahawks (1995–1999)

Vice president of football operations

New Orleans Saints (2000–2001)

General manager

Miami Dolphins (2005–2007)

General manager

Los Angeles Chargers (2008–2018)

Senior executive for football operations

Salt Lake Stallions (2018–2019)

General manager

Houston Roughnecks (2020)

Director of pro personnel

Seattle Sea Dragons (2022–present)

Director of player personnel

He was in NFL FOs for quite a while. I'm not putting much of anything into his tweet, but he does likely still has contacts and hears things. It’s not like he is a social media influencer or someone trying get a foot in by posting bs stuff with no connections anywhere...

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

As an executive:

Seattle Seahawks (1983–1989)

Pro personnel assistant

Seattle Seahawks (1990–1994)

Pro personnel director

Seattle Seahawks (1995–1999)

Vice president of football operations

New Orleans Saints (2000–2001)

General manager

Miami Dolphins (2005–2007)

General manager

Los Angeles Chargers (2008–2018)

Senior executive for football operations

Salt Lake Stallions (2018–2019)

General manager

Houston Roughnecks (2020)

Director of pro personnel

Seattle Sea Dragons (2022–present)

Director of player personnel

He was in NFL FOs for quite a while. I'm not putting much of anything into his tweet, but he does likely still has contacts and hears things. It’s not like he is a social media influencer or someone trying get a foot in by posting bs stuff with no connections anywhere...

That is a nice resume.  I just have no clue what evidence he has that the zero moves we have been made or even rumored to be in on are shaped by the Jets pursuit of Rodgers.  Are we doing nothing because Jets are pursing Rodgers?

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

That is a nice resume.  I just have no clue what evidence he has that the zero moves we have been made or even rumored to be in on are shaped by the Jets pursuit of Rodgers.  Are we doing nothing because Jets are pursing Rodgers?

It means almost nothing at this point, all we know thus far is we took Bijan out to dinner.

I can read it as building the OL and keeping him off the field. But I can also read it for the otherside of the ball and that does not make me happy...

I do think it is likely he heard things and rumblings that aren't out there. It is also likely he is riling up the fanbase...

Just trying to provide what is out there in twitterverse,l. Deciphering this is like trying to figure out Diggs's tweets

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.