Per Daily News: Giants Eyeing Beasley as FA Target and May Trade for Gabe Davis

ChevyVanMiller

5 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Can't deny the facts. Diggs has been ineffective in the big playoff games. However, I think we need to "Digg" deeper as to why. I believe it's pretty easy to take him away with double teams. That's why Davis was able to have a monster game. In short, it's not all Diggs' fault. 

I would absolutely be open to trading Diggs. Get Dhop, another WR, and valuable draft picks. Heck yes sign me up.

My prediction is that Diggs is going to become a problem in the locker room. He's beginning to show early signs of discontent. We know his history in Minn. Connect the dots sort of speak. 

Who knows what's going on behind the scenes with the players, but they're all party-line during the season, then during the offseason it's all "business."   We don't know what's contrived drama by the media and what isn't.  But it's not a good look to have several players now, some of our bigger names, implying unfavorable things.  

Completely agree on the first part of your statement, but now we're getting into a discussion about McD.  LOL  

I'm starting to think that Frasier left to actually enhance his chances of getting a head-coaching job, that he feels derailed by McD and wants to show that he was the master of the regular season Ds, presumably implying that McD took over in the playoffs.  It's all speculation on my part, but the whole thing was strange and unprecedented.  Unlike some have said, his contract had not expired.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I'm amazed that Beasley is still able to find work

If we address WR and he’s, say, our WR5 slot insurance/limited snap receiver .. I’d absolutely have him back on a team friendly contract. 

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, Augie said:

I’ll go on the record, again, as being a guy thinking Gabe has a nice upswing next season. 

We shall see. Make other arrangements as well. 

I hate to say it but the best news of the off-season was that he had a high ankle right? He looked like a cruise ship changing direction at times

if his leg truly heals up it could be major 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I hate to say it but the best news of the off-season was that he had a high ankle right? He looked like a cruise ship changing direction at times

if his leg truly heals up it could be major 

Problem is, he’s had ankle issues every season it seems like.  His catch rate is just not good enough. Maybe the Giants would give us a 2nd

38 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Problem is, he’s had ankle issues every season it seems like.  His catch rate is just not good enough. Maybe the Giants would give us a 2nd

This early in his career, it’s hard to say it’s something more substantial and not just bad luck a couple times. 

if we get a high pick- great. If not, at least a reason to hope for improvement. I don’t expect guys to randomly shoot through the roof but a high ankle is substantial to play through, potentially 

With Davis, same as Oliver, they just dont seem like guys we can afford to pay moving forward.  

Best case scenario, they crush it and at least one of them walks after the season.   

Seems to me that we’ve ran it back enough.  The current iteration of this team ran its course and inexplicably got blown out by the Bengals.  It’s time for a shake up off-season, and we could really use Oliver’s cap space and some picks from him and Davis to reset the roster and hopefully add some guys that help us breakthrough. 

Neither is critical to our Super Bowl chances.  Neither is likely to be elite.  We can’t keep paying “good” players.   Move on a year early rather than lose them for nothing.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.