Could Dion Dawkins be an "elite" Guard??

Special K

6 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Why not just have him get in better shape?  He’s a solid LT when doesn’t let himself go. He was definitely the sloppiest looking dude at the Pro Bowl.  

7 years is a great amount of time to get out of a never-elite LT.    This is his 7th year.    Whether they replace him this season or next it's either near or at the top of their long term needs.   LT is the only premium OL position.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Why not just have him get in better shape?  He’s a solid LT when doesn’t let himself go. He was definitely the sloppiest looking dude at the Pro Bowl.  

It was crazy seeing him vs the other players, most people probably missed it.  I bet he could eat more wings than anyone on the team though!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Dawkins is going to RT before guard 

They’re not taking a top 12 left tackle and moving him to guard… not happening 

If they like a LT prospect at #27, Dawkins isn't a reason to pass on him. You get the best starting 5 on the field, if that means Dawkins is the LG so be it.

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, artmalibu said:

So lets take solid starting LT and move him to a new position and maybe we can draft a guy to fill the void?

How sure are you that the Bills could draft him?  He is a top 10 on some Big Boards and we draft at what 27.  What are you willing to give to move up?  

How sure are you that he will be better than Dion at OT?

And he is a quote about this guy

“He’s a Pro Bowler at guard but just an average tackle if a team keeps him there.” -- Executive for NFC team

I’m not willing to trade up for Skoronoski, if he’s there at 27 I draft him. I’m fine with leaving Dawkins at OT and putting Skor at LG. 

18 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I don't have a problem with his contract nor moving him to LG.  If Jones were to fall to us it would make for an interesting decision by Beane. The idea if Dion moving to LG has been kicked around before.  Saffold is out the door and Spencer playing RT terrifies me.  This is the long overdue season we go crazy on OL.

Agreed and he was projected as G coming out I believe

I think Spencer has a good chance of working out and making a jump. He flashed at times and was better as a rookie. So it's a big year for him. But competition never hurt

28 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I’ve said this for years, if we drafted an elite LT we could upgrade 2 positions with one pick.

Sounds good to me

Elite LT-Dawkins-Morse would give us a great-elite left side

19 hours ago, ngbills said:

What about him makes him a better G than T? 

He's actually not that great a LT imo, though he can play the position. I think he could be a very good guard. I don't know how he would react to the suggestion that he move inside. Probably not very well. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.