OT…gotta love the Saints moxy

78thealltimegreat

7 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Carr could barely do anything with Adams, I don’t see him doing much with Thomas. 

Adams set the Raiders record for most receiving yards in a season.  1516 yards, 100 catches, 14 TD's.  Thomas is not Adams though.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

The games Thomas played last year he looked like his old self. It is a gamble but if you are bringing Carr in, Olave is a STUD and you get Thomas as a possession guy.... that offense could get good quickly.

yea- Thomas, olave and kamara COULD be a good trio with am effective distributor at the helm 

just think this type of move is too late in their cycle and doesn’t make them a contender so much as stuck in the .500 purgatory with opportunities to win the division and lose early in the playoffs. 

9 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

yea- Thomas, olave and kamara COULD be a good trio with am effective distributor at the helm 

just think this type of move is too late in their cycle and doesn’t make them a contender so much as stuck in the .500 purgatory with opportunities to win the division and lose early in the playoffs. 

But that is a bad division and I think their defense is too good for them to suck.

26 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

But that is a bad division and I think their defense is too good for them to suck.

I agree fully. 

so they end up 10-7 and get bounced early? 

they aren’t Super Bowl contenders in my book unless a few guys make big jumps.

MT being one but also kamara returning to form, honey badger not continuing to decline, finding a fill at TE… and coaching improving a lot. They were terrible on that front. 

it’s possible but it feels like they pushed a lot of cap hits down the line to be a team that will be good enough to save jobs for a year or two 

37 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I agree fully. 

so they end up 10-7 and get bounced early? 

they aren’t Super Bowl contenders in my book unless a few guys make big jumps.

MT being one but also kamara returning to form, honey badger not continuing to decline, finding a fill at TE… and coaching improving a lot. They were terrible on that front. 

it’s possible but it feels like they pushed a lot of cap hits down the line to be a team that will be good enough to save jobs for a year or two 

Maybe but while your division is very winnable is the time to make that sort of push. If say Carolina were on track and project Rhule had worked and they won the division last year and had a young QB installed I'd say the Saints should tear it down. But when you are a vet QB away from having a couple of years of competitive football and playoff games.... I think that is a move you can make. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.