Micah Hyde on Good Morning Football

PrimeTime101

I agree on Hyde.  Very intelligent and well spoken and unlike some ex-athletes who work in broadcasting does not sound like he is speaking with marbles in his mouth.

He was my top free agent (a fan of Packers) and was advocating him being signed before free agency opened.

Packers knew what that had with him but not what he could become.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

I agree on Hyde.  Very intelligent and well spoken and unlike some ex-athletes who work in broadcasting does not sound like he is speaking with marbles in his mouth.

He was my top free agent (a fan of Packers) and was advocating him being signed before free agency opened.

I know Green Bay fans were sad to lose him. It was pretty well known that Hyde would be a good player. Poyer was the big surprise.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

I know Green Bay fans were sad to lose him. It was pretty well known that Hyde would be a good player. Poyer was the big surprise.

Bills had inside information for they signed a coach who had been with Browns previous year and could see what Poyer was capable of.

Sometimes inside information was wrong as when Bills signed Zay Jones' WR coach from college and he said he was the most prepared for NFL WR he has seen.

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Bills had inside information for they signed a coach who had been with Browns previous year and could see what Poyer was capable of.

Sometimes inside information was wrong as when Bills signed Zay Jones' WR coach from college and he said he was the most prepared for NFL WR he has seen.

Yeah, but the fans didn't know about Poyer. I was pretty nervous going into the year with him as the starter. I was pretty confident and happy with Hyde.

As for Zay Jones, he is doing pretty well now. Just took him awhile. But it goes to show that no draft pick is a 100% certainty. Doesn't matter what information you think you had.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, MJS said:

Yeah, but the fans didn't know about Poyer. I was pretty nervous going into the year with him as the starter. I was pretty confident and happy with Hyde.

As for Zay Jones, he is doing pretty well now. Just took him awhile. But it goes to show that no draft pick is a 100% certainty. Doesn't matter what information you think you had.

The issue with Zay Jones was his college coach was not capable of raising his game.

The coach has bounced between NFL and college and never established himself.

When Coach McD was building his staff there were slim pickings and he should have kept SOME of Rex's staff for a year.

32 minutes ago, MJS said:

for whatever reason I saw a lot of browns games the year before Poyer came here. Iirc he got hurt and didn't finish the season(I think against us). Every game I was like who is 21 he's everywhere

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

for whatever reason I saw a lot of browns games the year before Poyer came here. Iirc he got hurt and didn't finish the season(I think against us). Every game I was like who is 21 he's everywhere

Interesting. I had never even heard of him.

2 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

I remember watching him earlier in his career in GB and thinking “man, this guy just makes plays”.  So glad we signed him and he’s definitely proven that wasn’t a fluke.

A lot of fans myself included loved his acquisition in 2017. He was the only real "big name" signing that off-season for the Bills who seemingly only signed him, a kicker in Haush, and some no named safety named Poyer. Obviously, we didn't know what they had in Poyer and the overall strategy of staying mostly flexible in the coming seasons until a QB was in place. But Hyde was the acquisition that all of the fans loved, hoping he has one more good season in him. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, MJS said:

Interesting. I had never even heard of him.

Well, it is the Browns.  Living here in Cleveland, I remember watching Poyer and he was a solid player but he really blossomed after joining the Bills.  Kind of our equalizer for Wyatt Teller.

7 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Or just yelling all the time.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.