The worst Bills mock draft picks

damj

6 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

No more running backs taken up high, this team just spent a 2nd round pick on a RB in the previous draft and that RB had a nice end to his rookie season. No need to draft one at 27 when other pressing needs will need to be addressed.

Would you rather draft an elite level player that plays a less valuable position or draft a player with a 2nd rd grade in order to fill a need it. Which could also end up being be a position of lesser value (OG,RT,MLB, S)?

I think Robinson makes a lot more sense than people think because of how good he is compared to how good the other options are.  I think it’ll be a noticeable gap.  And the reason why we don’t have to worry about it happening.  He’ll be gone

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Would you rather draft an elite level player that plays a less valuable position or draft a player with a 2nd rd grade in order to fill a need it. Which could also end up being be a position of lesser value (OG,RT,MLB, S)?

I think Robinson makes a lot more sense than people think because of how good he is compared to how good the other options are.  I think it’ll be a noticeable gap.  And the reason why we don’t have to worry about it happening.  He’ll be gone

I would rather take an O-line player with a high second-round grade than an RB with a firm first-round grade. Cook is going to be a very good RB I don't think Robinson presents enough of an upgrade to warrant spending pick 27 on him esp if the O-line is made worse for it. I also disagree that OG, RT, MLB and S have less value than a RB. Given how RB's are paid compared to those other positions I would say the value of those positions is equal or higher.

I would also rather fill a defensive need than go with Robinson at RB. Robinson while a really good prospect is not that generational type of RB prospect or else he likely wouldn't be there at pick 27. If Robinson were a CMC, Zeke, Barkley or Adrian Peterson generational-type top 10 pick RB I would say if he were there at pick 27 you could argue it. But Robinson is just not that type of prospect in my opinion. 

• Disagree 2

7 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I would rather take an O-line player with a high second-round grade than an RB with a firm first-round grade. Cook is going to be a very good RB I don't think Robinson presents enough of an upgrade to warrant spending pick 27 on him esp if the O-line is made worse for it. I also disagree that OG, RT, MLB and S have less value than a RB. Given how RB's are paid compared to those other positions I would say the value of those positions is equal or higher.

I would also rather fill a defensive need than go with Robinson at RB. Robinson while a really good prospect is not that generational type of RB prospect or else he likely wouldn't be there at pick 27. If Robinson were a CMC, Zeke, Barkley or Adrian Peterson generational-type top 10 pick RB I would say if he were there at pick 27 you could argue it. But Robinson is just not that type of prospect in my opinion. 

Bijan isn’t just being regarded as a Rb with a firm 1st rd grade. He’s being regarded by many as a top 3-5 player in the draft.  Those aren’t the same things 

Edit:  I understand why you don’t want him….. especially if you don’t think he’s an elite talent.  To me, his agility and lateral ability for a guy with his size and explosion is what sets him apart 

Edited by NewEra
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Bijan isn’t just being regarded as a Rb with a firm 1st rd grade. He’s being regarded by many as a top 3-5 player in the draft.  Those aren’t the same things 

Edit:  I understand why you don’t want him….. especially if you don’t think he’s an elite talent.  To me, his agility and lateral ability for a guy with his size and explosion is what sets him apart 

Genuine question, if he is an RB prospect on the level of Saquon Barkley or even a CMC or Zeke why would he be available at pick 27? I think he is a very good firm first-round RB but not an elite prospect on those other players' levels. If he is there at pick 27 I would pass I think you get more impact and value from taking an O-line player or another player at a glaring need. 

2 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Genuine question, if he is an RB prospect on the level of Saquon Barkley or even a CMC or Zeke why would he be available at pick 27? I think he is a very good firm first-round RB but not an elite prospect on those other players' levels. If he is there at pick 27 I would pass I think you get more impact and value from taking an O-line player or another player at a glaring need. 

Good question.  Because the teams picking in the top 10 have watched the giants, cowboys and panthers accomplish nothing while drafting a RB in the top 10.  The narrative has been written.  I don’t think there’s any chance that he falls. 

Agree to disagree with an OL making more of an impact.  I think drafting the OL makes sense for team building, but for impact on the next 4-5 years, i think Bijan gives them more.  But looking at the actual players that we’d be drafting….I think Darnell Wright is the only OL that could have a bigger impact than Bijan.  

• Agree 1

On 3/7/2023 at 3:31 PM, John from Riverside said:

I love Bijan Robinson

If he is there, a 27 I am running the card up to the podium

But I am not trading picks up to get him if he’s gone before 27. He’s gone before 27 so be it take an offensive lineman instead.

I don’t understand the rationale here.  If there’s a guy you’re excited about, why wouldn’t you go get him.

2 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

He could be on this roster in a few weeks 😬

🤦🏻‍♂️ 

2 hours ago, Billl said:

I don’t understand the rationale here.  If there’s a guy you’re excited about, why wouldn’t you go get him.

You don’t think every GM in the league has a guy they’re excited about?  Why doesn’t every GM go get him?  The rationale is easy- the price tag.  

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

You don’t think every GM in the league has a guy they’re excited about?  Why doesn’t every GM go get him?  The rationale is easy- the price tag.  

Yeah, and I think most GMs will fail out of the league without ever winning anything of note.  The cost of moving up a few spots to get the player you really want as opposed to waiting it out and settling for whoever is left when you’re on the clock is worth it, IMO.  

I don’t think any Bills fans are lamenting the picks they gave up to get Josh, and I don’t think any Chiefs fans wish they had the picks back that were used to draft Mahomes or to jump the Bills last year for McDuffie.  That doesn’t mean you have to move up from the thirties into the teens every year, but if there’s someone you’ve identified as a star who falls well beyond where you think they belong, then give up the third or fourth rounder to go get him.  I’d much rather miss out on a third rounder I like than a first rounder I like.  Worst case scenario, you can always trade again to obtain another mid round pick if there’s a guy in the third you can’t live without.

14 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Have you watched the Bills draft the past few seasons?? 

2 hours ago, Billl said:

Yeah, and I think most GMs will fail out of the league without ever winning anything of note.  The cost of moving up a few spots to get the player you really want as opposed to waiting it out and settling for whoever is left when you’re on the clock is worth it, IMO.  

I don’t think any Bills fans are lamenting the picks they gave up to get Josh, and I don’t think any Chiefs fans wish they had the picks back that were used to draft Mahomes or to jump the Bills last year for McDuffie.  That doesn’t mean you have to move up from the thirties into the teens every year, but if there’s someone you’ve identified as a star who falls well beyond where you think they belong, then give up the third or fourth rounder to go get him.  I’d much rather miss out on a third rounder I like than a first rounder I like.  Worst case scenario, you can always trade again to obtain another mid round pick if there’s a guy in the third you can’t live without.

You don’t think Bills fans are lamenting the trade up for Sammy Watkins?  How about John Mccargo? Redskins trading up for RG, saints for Ricky Williams, chargers for Ryan leaf, jags for Derrick Harvey, dolphins for Dion Jordan?  It’s worth it when that player works out.  It backfires when that player doesn’t work out.  There are plenty of cases for both sides.  

You don’t understand the rationale for not trading up for a RB in rd 1.  You asked John a question and I gave you the answer.  The price is why GMs don’t (or do) trade up.  When the GM feels that the risk outweighs the reward.  It’s simple business 101.  

We’re in a position right now, where we have several holes to fill and upgrade with limited money.  I’m not  against trading up for the right player, but i don’t see the value in this draft class.  The value is in rd 2-5 imo.  The 1st rd is relatively weak.  Trading up a couple spots will cost the team a potential 4+ year starter.  Beanes misses in recent years has put us in a spot where every pick matters.  

Late round draft picks have a lot of value if used correctly-  ask Veach- drafting Williams rd 4, watson and pacheco rd 7 this year.  Trey smith rd 6, sneed rd 4, danna rd 6.  Do you think McDuffie was the only player that veach coveted?  Do you think that was the only call he made trying to trade up?  Your answer lies within.  He made calls.  Lots I’m sure.  They couldn’t settle on compensation that each team thought was a fair.  Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out why teams don’t execute trade ups for every player that they love.  The price.  

the only players I’d be happy trading up for in this class are Paris Johnson, Johnston, JSN and Addison.  I wouldn’t want to give up a 2nd to trade up for the WRs- even a 3rd is a bit rich.  Maybe - combination of 4-5ths to move up a handful of spots.  I’d trade a 3rd and a 4th next year to go get Johnson, but he’ll go way before we get to that stage of the draft.  

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

You don’t think Bills fans are lamenting the trade up for Sammy Watkins?  How about John Mccargo? Redskins trading up for RG, saints for Ricky Williams, chargers for Ryan leaf, jags for Derrick Harvey, dolphins for Dion Jordan?  It’s worth it when that player works out.  It backfires when that player doesn’t work out.  There are plenty of cases for both sides.  

You don’t understand the rationale for not trading up for a RB in rd 1.  You asked John a question and I gave you the answer.  The price is why GMs don’t (or do) trade up.  When the GM feels that the risk outweighs the reward.  It’s simple business 101.  

We’re in a position right now, where we have several holes to fill and upgrade with limited money.  I’m not  against trading up for the right player, but i don’t see the value in this draft class.  The value is in rd 2-5 imo.  The 1st rd is relatively weak.  Trading up a couple spots will cost the team a potential 4+ year starter.  Beanes misses in recent years has put us in a spot where every pick matters.  

Late round draft picks have a lot of value if used correctly-  ask Veach- drafting Williams rd 4, watson and pacheco rd 7 this year.  Trey smith rd 6, sneed rd 4, danna rd 6.  Do you think McDuffie was the only player that veach coveted?  Do you think that was the only call he made trying to trade up?  Your answer lies within.  He made calls.  Lots I’m sure.  They couldn’t settle on compensation that each team thought was a fair.  Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out why teams don’t execute trade ups for every player that they love.  The price.  

the only players I’d be happy trading up for in this class are Paris Johnson, Johnston, JSN and Addison.  I wouldn’t want to give up a 2nd to trade up for the WRs- even a 3rd is a bit rich.  Maybe - combination of 4-5ths to move up a handful of spots.  I’d trade a 3rd and a 4th next year to go get Johnson, but he’ll go way before we get to that stage of the draft.  

I think you should act intentionally and get the player your scouts and coaches have identified as an elite player.  You think they should be passive and accept the best of whatever is left because it’s cheaper.  We have different mentalities.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.