Draft Prospect Interviews with Bills - Post 'em here

Yantha

6 hours ago, LEBills said:

According to Jordan Reid of ESPN both Trenton Simpson and Drew Sanders have both visited the Bills. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/2023-nfl-draft-espn-names-123513399.html

This would bring the total known pre draft visits to 25.

Have you got a full composite list? Does it have Anton Harrison on it (Walterfootball says he has been in but nobody else has verified that I have seen)? Also does that include the local guys - Bergeron - because they don't count to the 30 do they?

47 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Have you got a full composite list? Does it have Anton Harrison on it (Walterfootball says he has been in but nobody else has verified that I have seen)? Also does that include the local guys - Bergeron - because they don't count to the 30 do they?

I have not seen anything to confirm Harrison yet. Kromer ran the OL drills at the pro day is what I read for Bergeron. Bergeron and any other SU player would not count against the top 30 visits so likely they met with all of them (Bergeron, Garrett Williams, Sean Tucker) but nothing has been verified.

Now that we know that the Bills met with Drew Sanders, I think he is likely the first pick if I had to bet (and barring an unexpected player falling like Flowers or Addison). I don’t think Jordan Reid has a source in the Bills, I just think he is a smart guy that knows how the Bills draft as he had Elam as a fit last year. He originally thought it would be Flowers but now thinks it is Sanders since Flowers will go too high.  Question now is whether the Bills can trade back or if they will take him at 27.

This latter info I got from a podcast he was recently on with some Bills reporters. Skip to 13 minutes in for Reid’s interview

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/buffalo/news/2023/04/19/espns-reid-tries-to-keep-bills-prediction-streak-going?cid=id-app15_m-share_s-web_cmp-app_launch_august2020_c-producer_posts_po-organic

35 minutes ago, LEBills said:

I have not seen anything to confirm Harrison yet. Kromer ran the OL drills at the pro day is what I read for Bergeron. Bergeron and any other SU player would not count against the top 30 visits so likely they met with all of them (Bergeron, Garrett Williams, Sean Tucker) but nothing has been verified.

Now that we know that the Bills met with Drew Sanders, I think he is likely the first pick if I had to bet (and barring an unexpected player falling like Flowers or Addison). I don’t think Jordan Reid has a source in the Bills, I just think he is a smart guy that knows how the Bills draft as he had Elam as a fit last year. He originally thought it would be Flowers but now thinks it is Sanders since Flowers will go too high.  Question now is whether the Bills can trade back or if they will take him at 27.

This latter info I got from a podcast he was recently on with some Bills reporters. Skip to 13 minutes in for Reid’s interview

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/buffalo/news/2023/04/19/espns-reid-tries-to-keep-bills-prediction-streak-going?cid=id-app15_m-share_s-web_cmp-app_launch_august2020_c-producer_posts_po-organic

Yea I saw that. Is there anywhere where you have a list of the 25?

On 4/21/2023 at 7:42 AM, GunnerBill said:

Yea I saw that. Is there anywhere where you have a list of the 25?

Offense
Jalin Hyatt WR UT

Jordan Addison WR USC

Jaxon Smith Njigba WR OSU

Tank Dell WR Houston

Zay Flowers WR BC

Justin Shorter WR Florida

Luke Schoonmaker TE Michigan

Darnell Washington TE Georgia

Luke Musgrave TE Oregon St

Joe Tippman C Wisconsin

Ocyrus Torrence OL Florida

Darnell Wright OT Tennessee 

Matt Bergeron OT Syracuse

Kendra Miller RB TCU

Zach Charbonnet RB UCLA

Defense

Gervon Dexter DL Florida

Mazi Smith DL Michigan

Zacch Pickens DL South Carolina

Jacquelin Roy DL LSU

Will Mcdonald EDGE ISU

Byron Young EDGE Tennessee

Marte Mapu S/LB Sac St

Jordan Battle S Alabama

“Quan” Martin CB/S Illinois

Deonte Banks CB Maryland

These are all the visits I have found and should be the most up to date at this point.

EDIT: Removing Drew Sanders, Trenton Simpson and Brian Branch for now. Without them that is 25 reported visits.

Edited by LEBills

49 minutes ago, LEBills said:

The Cover 1 guys are friends with Jordan Reid and stated in their twitter thread that the site your seeing it at mistook his words and that Simpson and Sanders didn’t visit Buffalo but had workouts with them 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Offense
Jalin Hyatt WR UT

Jordan Addison WR USC

Jaxon Smith Njigba WR OSU

Tank Dell WR Houston

Zay Flowers WR BC

Justin Shorter WR Florida

Luke Schoonmaker TE Michigan

Darnell Washington TE Georgia

Luke Musgrave TE Oregon St

Ocyrus Torrence OL Florida

Darnell Wright OT Tennessee 

Kendra Miller RB TCU

Zach Charbonnet RB UCLA

Defense

Gervon Dexter DL Florida

Mazi Smith DL Michigan

Zacch Pickens DL South Carolina

Jacquelin Roy DL LSU

Will Mcdonald EDGE ISU

Byron Young EDGE Tennessee

Drew Sanders LB Arkansas

Trenton Simpson LB Clemson

Marte Mapu S/LB Sac St

Jordan Battle S Alabama

Brian Branch S Alabama

“Quan” Martin CB/S Illinois

Deonte Banks CB Maryland

These are all the visits I have found and should be the most up to date at this point. That’s actually 26 bc Branch came for a visit. So only 4 more that haven’t been disclosed yet.

And if Walter is right about Harrison that means it is down to 3.... 

5 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

The Cover 1 guys are friends with Jordan Reid and stated in their twitter thread that the site your seeing it at mistook his words and that Simpson and Sanders didn’t visit Buffalo but had workouts with them 

Halfway down a guy asks about Simpson and Sanders and that’s where they tell him the info on the site was wrong 

• Like (+1) 1

Matt Bergeron said on this podcast that he had a top 30 visit with the Bills. Starts about the 10 minute mark

That brings the pre draft visitor count to 25

One other thing of note, Greg Cosell on OBL said he is hearing Bergeron is viewed as a guard by most teams he has heard from.

Edited by LEBills
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Matt Bergeron said on this podcast that he had a top 30 visit with the Bills. Starts about the 10 minute mark

One other thing of note, Greg Cosell on OBL said he is hearing Bergeron is viewed as a guard by most teams he has heard from.

Bergeron doesn't count towards the 30 no? Because it's local ?

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

Bergeron doesn't count towards the 30 no? Because it's local ?

Technically no, but this at least confirms we had him for a visit and not just a workout at his pro day. So we could have 31 visits with him included.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LEBills said:

Interesting, I was listening to a Move The Sticks podcast and Daniel Jeremiah/Pete Schrager did a mock where they had the Bills picking Matthew Bergeron at pick 27. 

I've removed the players already drafted...

Here are the team visits with Black/Bolded going second round in mocks, and Blue/Bolded going third round in mocks.

Adetomiwa Adebawore, Defensive End, Northwestern (COM)

Jordan Battle, Safety, Alabama (PRI)

Brian Branch, Safety, Alabama (WOR)

Julius Brents, Cornerback, Kansas State (COM)

Ji'Ayir Brown, Safety, Penn State (COM)

Nathaniel Dell^, Wide Receiver, Houston (PRI, WOR)

Gervon Dexter, Defensive Tackle, Florida (PRI)

Josh Downs, Wide Receiver, North Carolina (COM)

Payne Durham, Tight End, Purdue (VIR)

Derick Hall, Outside Linebacker, Auburn (VIR)

Jalin Hyatt, Wide Receiver, Tennessee (PRI)

Roschon Johnson, Running Back, Texas (PRO)

Justin Marshall^, Wide Receiver, Buffalo (WOR, LOC)

Michael Mayer, Tight End, Notre Dame (COM)

Kendre Miller, Running Back, TCU (PRI)

Riley Moss, Cornerback, Iowa (COM)

Zacch Pickens, Defensive Tackle, South Carolina (PRI)

Jayden Reed, Wide Receiver, Michigan State (COM)

Jammie Robinson, Safety, Florida State (COM)

Jaquelin Roy, Defensive Tackle, LSU (PRI)

John Michael Schmitz, Center, Minnesota (VIR)

Luke Schoonmaker, Tight End, Michigan (COM)

Juice Scruggs, Center, Penn State (VIR)

Justin Shorter, Wide Receiver, Florida (PRI)

Trenton Simpson, Linebacker, Clemson (COM)

Mazi Smith, Defensive Tackle, Michigan (PRI)

Tyjae Spears, Running Back, Tulane (WOR)

O'Cyrus Torrence^, Offensive Guard, Florida (PRI, PRO)

Tuli Tuipulotu, Defensive End, USC (COM)

Darnell Washington^, Tight End, Georgia (COM, PRI)

Michael Wilson, Wide Receiver, Stanford (COM)

Byron Young, Defensive End, Tennessee (COM)

Christian Young, Safety, Arizona (WOR)

Add Nick Broeker, OT/G, Ole Miss to the list in the third. Seems like the kind of guy they would like. LT convert who can play guard or center. Nasty player. 

via PFN: 

" I’ve done a ton of Zoom meetings since meeting with all 32 teams in person at the Senior Bowl. I’ve met with the Buffalo Bills, Las Vegas Raiders, Chicago Bears, Cincinnati Bengals, and Tennessee Titans on Zoom, to name a few. I met with the New York Giants the night before my Pro Day."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.