Aaron Rodgers talking with the Jets

Matt_In_NH

3 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Digging his own grave

I am a big Beasley fan, but this was a really dumb post.

Jets are pretty stacked at WR, he gained nothing by this post.

Small chance he could have been brought into camp to see if he still has anything left to offer.

Pretty sure that is gone now.

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Can we not do this?  Especially knowing what we know now. 

Someone else mentioned concussions. I simply pointed out another physical affliction that could cause memory loss.

You got to be pretty desperate to trade for a 39 year old quarterback who talks about retirement almost every week. This is not even a good plug in player. This is not Tom Brady, it more like a Ryan Fitzpatrick looking for one last fling

3 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

You got to be pretty desperate to trade for a 39 year old quarterback who talks about retirement almost every week. This is not even a good plug in player. This is not Tom Brady, it more like a Ryan Fitzpatrick looking for one last fling

The thing that makes me feel like this is a good thing for the Jets is that the aforementioned 39 year old QB went on a "darkness retreat" to help him decide if he wanted to play football again.

Everyone knows that going on a "darkness retreat" is a very powerful experience that can help a person make major life decisions.  Granted, its not as powerful as rubbing crystals on your nipples or wearing Copper Socks, but it is still powerful none the less.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

32 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The thing that makes me feel like this is a good thing for the Jets is that the aforementioned 39 year old QB went on a "darkness retreat" to help him decide if he wanted to play football again.

Everyone knows that going on a "darkness retreat" is a very powerful experience that can help a person make major life decisions.  Granted, its not as powerful as rubbing crystals on your nipples or wearing Copper Socks, but it is still powerful none the less.

A Magic 8-ball would have been cheaper, easier and less mind-altering.

3 hours ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

While I think you can make the argument Allen is possibly ahead of Rodgers at this point in his career, Rodgers is one year removed from back to back MVPs and has won four total. I don’t think Cole is trying to stir anything up, one guy has 4 MVPs and a ring, the other has two rings in 3 Super Bowl appearances already with 2 MVP awards. Rodgers probably the best regular season QB ever…

Josh is great, best QB in Bills history, but the resume doesn’t have the accolades of the other two and until he starts adding some hardware to his list of accomplishments in this league, he’s always going to be viewed as just behind those other guys, and in terms of league perception, Burrow has passed him… I think that’s crazy, but you hear it in the way “analysts” talk about Mahomes, Burrow, then Allen… which I prefer anyway, 17 plays better with a chip on his shoulder rather than a world of expectations.

I fully agree with you, its a reasonable take, but some things you dont say.  I dont tell my gf which chicks are hotter, and Id never reveal her ranking lollllllllll 

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Doc said:

A Magic 8-ball would have been cheaper, easier and less mind-altering.

Whenever I used a magic 8-ball, I just woke up with an empty wallet, weird smells, and an unfamiliar car with a broken window in my driveway. It was a different time back in 2020

2 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Whenever I used a magic 8-ball, I just woke up with an empty wallet, weird smells, and an unfamiliar car with a broken window in my driveway. It was a different time back in 2020

You got the one with "hooker and blow" in it?

Aaron Rodgers is no Bart Starr, Paul Horning, Reggie White to name few Green Bay Packers great players. Is Aaron Rodgers kidding his ego has no boundaries best Green Bay Packers player? Ok cowboy we will see what is left in the QB tank with the always bumbling New York Jets one of the worst NFL franchises one could go as a aging star player at the end of his Hall of Fame career. It’s actually pretty sad John Unitas as a San Diego Chargers and Joe Namath as a Los Angeles Rams sad in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

31 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

Yeah, they forgot the more recent example of Russell Wilson. 

I mean I get it.  If we were in the same shoes as Jets fans, we would be glorifying this tweet.

But since it has to do with the Jets, I hope Rodgers gets them to 8-9, not in a good spot to draft a QB high, Rodgers retires and Jets fans can S my D.

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

best part was he left the retreat 2-3 days early.  What idiot pays for someone to turn the lights out?  If he wanted to relax just go rent a cabin deep in the woods or on a mountain and don’t turn the lights on. No extra charge 

Anyone else notice how its been 3 business days since the Rodgers announcement of intentions and suddenly Green Bay is the worst run franchise ever according to the talking heads who openly root for the Jets? These intense opinions about the franchise were nowhere to be found last year when Rodgers held them hostage yet again for an extension he's unwilling to play out. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/17/2023 at 6:46 PM, RocCityRoller said:

So polarizing! So juicy!

In a weird way both the Jets and the Pack could back out.

Awkward if Rodgers ends up alone....

If I am the Jets I make GB sweat to the draft now.

Could the cheese head QB be the cheese?

This is basically a done deal.  Rodgers to the Jets next season...which is going to make our division that much tougher.

Now it's a waiting game.  It's simply a question of how much GB can squeeze out of the Jets...but they don't have a ton of leverage as the deal is sort of now done.

They'll string it out as far as they can and maybe turn it into a hostile situation at the end...I still think it will happen in the end.

On 3/19/2023 at 10:43 AM, Nextmanup said:

This is basically a done deal.  Rodgers to the Jets next season...which is going to make our division that much tougher.

Now it's a waiting game.  It's simply a question of how much GB can squeeze out of the Jets...but they don't have a ton of leverage as the deal is sort of now done.

They'll string it out as far as they can and maybe turn it into a hostile situation at the end...I still think it will happen in the end.

I hear Stafford is now in play....

GB may have overplayed their hand.

Maybe Denver is too with a player or two.....

Edited by RocCityRoller