Aaron Rodgers talking with the Jets

Matt_In_NH

21 minutes ago, Malazan said:

Mac is a fringe starter. Mac and Wilson aren't in the same stratosphere. 

Not making the playoffs for five years in a row isn't a stunning testament as to why a GM should keep his job. 

2023 is Joe Douglas 4th season. 

neither QB is good enough and it’s pretty obvious. Jets are ready and willing to move on. Bills moved on from EJ fast. Patriots appear to be sticking with Mac.

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

2023 is Joe Douglas 4th season. 

Incorrect. Hired on June 7, 2019. The league year started on September 5th, 2019. 

1. 2019

2. 2020

3. 2021

4. 2022

5. 2023

It would be a silly argument that because he was hired in the offseason after many moves were made that his 1st year of being employed somehow doesn't count as being employed. 

The list of GMs who manage to make the playoffs after 4 years of not making the playoffs is extremely short.. and betting on an exception isn't a wise bet. 

Edited by Malazan

I can not believe this thread is only 48 pages long…, We can and must do better, Not because it is easy, but because it is hard…,

read this with a Boston accent

42 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

It seems that Washington will now be in position to make it a bidding war 

Nothing would make me happier. Washington fans deserve this and they do have a roster that would make the NFC east much more interesting.

While I really have to applaud the Jets team building and drafting, I can't help but to hope they get bit in the arse. Going all in on A Aron just to save a GM and coach who don't dare draft another QB looks like a typical Jets mess ready to unfold.

Aside from getting Rogers, I really don't have an answer of what they should do (or should have done) at QB. The Jets want assurances. If Rogers don't get through a season or decides to retire all of a sudden, they want to be able to recoup picks. I don't see GB folding on that. They hold all the cards.

I'd love to see a team like Washington with new ownership swoop in and take him. It would be cool to see them against the Cowboys, Giants and Eagles.

If he ends up in N.Y, he's gonna have to get the Arthur Moats treatment.

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Malazan said:

Incorrect. Hired on June 7, 2019. The league year started on September 5th, 2019. 

1. 2019

2. 2020

3. 2021

4. 2022

5. 2023

It would be a silly argument that because he was hired in the offseason after many moves were made that his 1st year of being employed somehow doesn't count as being employed. 

The list of GMs who manage to make the playoffs after 4 years of not making the playoffs is extremely short.. and betting on an exception isn't a wise bet. 

I guess you are right. I saw conflicting info on Wikipedia when i dig deeper. It says hired June 2019. But say GM 2020 to present. on the little highlight box they have on the right. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Douglas_(American_football)

At any rate, the Jets have a pretty solid roster outside of QB. Not every situation is the same in terms of a GM not getting a team to the playoffs over 5 seasons. Could be very foolish to part ways with Joe D. They essentially drafted not one but two OROY's last year. His big misses have been Becton and Wilson. 

On 4/14/2023 at 10:04 AM, Gregg said:

I really hope this blows up in the Jets faces and MILF man is the starting QB week 1.

Wendell Ferreira on Twitter: "According to @CharlesRobinson, the #Packers asking price is a 2023 2nd and a 2024 guaranteed 1st. And they are willing to give something back in 2025 if Rodgers retires after one season. And the #Jets don't want it. (Around 36 minutes). https://t.co/aPlPv2Pxjq" / Twitter

How long until Rodgers starts to get mad at the Jets for thinking he’s not even worth a couple picks? 😂

Lets all take to Twitter and start playing on his ego!

“Hey Aaron, the Jets don’t even think you are worth a mid/late 2024 1st! You ok with that??” 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Doc said:

How so?

Notice the caveat of what I’m saying the Packers FO should do.

The Packers are showing weakness and allowing outside pressure to influence their trade demands. In mid-March it was reported the Packers wanted two firsts, now it’s reported they want the Jets 2023 2nd and 2024 1st with possible draft compensation if Rodgers retires after 2023.

The Packers are on pace to give Rodgers away while extracting negligible draft pick compensation from the Jets.

If the Packers FO fails to extract valuable draft capital they end up putting the Jets in a better position to haunt the Bills for next decade. This assumes the Jets preserve their ‘23 & ‘24 1st round picks and draft a franchise QB with one of these picks. 

Right now, he's talking to the constabulary.  I've got the Simcoe County public services channel going in the background, an 'Aaron Rodgers' is outside one of the detachments (could be Barrie P.D., or it could be any of a number of OPP detachments).  Now what did he do? 😁

• Haha (+1) 1

i so hope this bows up on the Jets.   i honestly dont care about Rodgers being their QB tbh,  i think hes just about done.    never been a fan of Rodgers,  think hes an entitled douche.  hope he has to go back to GB with his tail between his legs,  or just outright retires.   every friggen offseason is the ARod show and its boring.   hes pulling the same crap Farve did at the end of his career.  it was tiresome then,  and its tiresome now.   ARod and Farve held GB for ransom every offseason,  leveraged as much money as possible.   while some might think thats smart,   it is,  for Farve or Rodgers.  not the team,  or the fans.   GB is a small market team,  paying outrageous amounts to the QB hamstrung them in being able to build a team.    both of them could have had multiple SB wins if they hadnt been so greedy.   then they shift the blame to the FO everytime the team fails.    its not about the team or fans though.  its about them.  

Edited by bigduke6
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

i so hope this bows up on the Jets.   i honestly dont care about Rodgers being their QB tbh,  i think hes just about done.    never been a fan of Rodgers,  think hes an entitled douche.  hope he has to go back to GB with his tail between his legs,  or just outright retires.   every friggen offseason is the ARod show and its boring.   hes pulling the same crap Farve did at the end of his career.  it was tiresome then,  and its tiresome now.   ARod and Farve held GB for ransom every offseason,  leveraged as much money as possible.   while some might think thats smart,   it is,  for Farve or Rodgers.  not the team,  or the fans.   GB is a small market team,  paying outrageous amounts to the QB hamstrung them in being able to build a team.    both of them could have had multiple SB wins if they hadnt been so greedy.   then they shift the blame to the FO everytime the team fails.    its not about the team or fans though.  its about them.  

I feel like either way the Jets lose. Having Rogers means that they mortgage the future for a guys who is a pain in the ass and just about out the door. 

On the other hand, if they don't get him, they still don't have a QB.

To hell with them all. 😂

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, bigduke6 said:

Honestly, from my 40+ years experience of watching & following all the major pro sports, I'd say about 99% of pro athletes are greedy, and "in it for themselves." I mean, Bruce, Thurman, Joe Montana, et al, all pulled the same greedy moves at the end of their careers. It is what it is, and like I said, most of them do the same thing.

You and I would probably do the same thing; greed is a powerful motivator. Ten years ago, did anybody think that pro athletes would be making $40+ million PER YEAR (and not even a whole year, really....per seven months). Their salaries sure have gone up (percentage wise) way more than just about everybody elses.

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.7f82dd4b6f88b4494b8ea423fd4f23f6.jpeg
⬆️⬆️⬆️ Joe Douglas, commenting on his success so far in trade talks for Aaron Rodgers.

From the media in the NYC area, it was reported that both JD and Saleh wanted Carr. Its Woody Johnson who has them going all in for Rodgers. So, if this blows up in their faces then its Johnson who is 100% to blame.

15 minutes ago, Gregg said:

From the media in the NYC area, it was reported that both JD and Saleh wanted Carr. Its Woody Johnson who has them going all in for Rodgers. So, if this blows up in their faces then its Johnson who is 100% to blame.

GMs rarely fire owners...😁

• Haha (+1) 1