Aaron Rodgers talking with the Jets

Matt_In_NH

23 hours ago, Gregg said:

The blame will 100% go to Woody Johnson if this blows up in their faces. It was reported in the NYC media that JD and Saleh wanted Carr but Johnson was all in for Rodgers.

I mean Carr might get you to the playoffs but not much else. I would rather go all out for a d bag like Rodgers than settle for meh. 

19 hours ago, Einstein said:

Rodgers won 2 MVP's with Hackett as his OC.

You aren’t really giving Hackett credit for that? It’s like Barry Switzer winning SBs with the Cowboys. 

• Like (+1) 1

Is it soup yet? 

😂

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean Carr might get you to the playoffs but not much else. I would rather go all out for a d bag like Rodgers than settle for meh. 

You aren’t really giving Hackett credit for that? It’s like Barry Switzer winning SBs with the Cowboys. 

I don't really like any of the options out there for the Jets tbh..

If they were in the NFC, Carr on that team makes them one of the top contenders.. maybe THE top contender.   In the AFC, he would simply make them a year in/year out playoff contender.

Rodgers could certainly give them a year or two of legitimate contention, but they are selling out to do it.  We talk about the dangers of kicking the can down the road.. the Jets are hoping for two years of Rodgers before they have to deal with multiple years of 20M+ void year dead cap hits.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I don't really like any of the options out there for the Jets tbh..

If they were in the NFC, Carr on that team makes them one of the top contenders.. maybe THE top contender.   In the AFC, he would simply make them a year in/year out playoff contender.

Rodgers could certainly give them a year or two of legitimate contention, but they are selling out to do it.  We talk about the dangers of kicking the can down the road.. the Jets are hoping for two years of Rodgers before they have to deal with multiple years of 20M+ void year dead cap hits.  

For the Jests, they have just been so irrelevant and may have had the worse qb play in the league last year. So anything is an upgrade. They have a really good roster. But the longer this drags on, the better for us.

• Like (+1) 1

The latest, per Schefter via NBC Sports Edge:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports "it doesn't sound like" Aaron Rodgers will be traded to the Jets before the NFL Draft.
"Green Bay seems quite content to wait until after the draft to make a trade," he said. "Both sides seem to be dug in." Jets general manager Joe Douglas said last week that Rodgers is "going to be here" amid rumors that the team will wait until the second day of the NFL Draft to make the move for Rodgers, 39. Rodgers' massive contract has proved difficult to move, and differences in compensation have come to the forefront in recent weeks. Still, the Packers are likely to deal Rodgers to New York sometime before the heat death of the universe.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports "it doesn't sound like" Aaron Rodgers will be traded to the Jets before the NFL Draft.
"Green Bay seems quite content to wait until after the draft to make a trade," he said. "Both sides seem to be dug in." Jets general manager Joe Douglas said last week that Rodgers is "going to be here" amid rumors that the team will wait until the second day of the NFL Draft to make the move for Rodgers, 39. Rodgers' massive contract has proved difficult to move, and differences in compensation have come to the forefront in recent weeks. Still, the Packers are likely to deal Rodgers to New York sometime before the heat death of the universe.

That would be dumb on the Packers side though, no?  Wouldn’t they want to land draft picks from the Jets in this year’s draft?  Predicting Schefter is wrong on this one.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

That would be dumb on the Packers side though, no?  Wouldn’t they want to land draft picks from the Jets in this year’s draft?  Predicting Schefter is wrong on this one.

Yea they want their first round pick and the Jets seem determined to not trade it.  They’ll trade next year’s first anticipating it being a late first round pick.  

The Packers should absolutely tell the Jets and Rodgers to pound sand.  Call the 49ers.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

the 49ers dont have a 1st either. or a 2nd. So how is that gonna work lol

They need more leverage - the Jets don’t think they could trade him anywhere else.  

I’m not saying they shouldn’t trade him to the Jets but they absolutely need to get that first from them.  

It seems like the Packers are backed into a corner here.  Not much of a market for a 40 yr old QB that debate’s retirement every season, w a 50M contract no less.   They want him gone and want a big return from the ONLY buyer.  They would be better off seeing if they can’t squeeze a second out of the Jets this year.

10 hours ago, Gregg said:

at what point can the packers claim tampering with the jets publicly declaring he will be there?

I know this has been a non traditional situation but at some point a rival GM can’t declare a guy under contract elsewhere will be there

38 minutes ago, Virgil said:

How are the Packers okay with getting no picks this year for Rodgers?  I don't really care what picks they get, but nothing until next year seems dumb

If they aren’t pushing chips in this year, why race to burn a year of someone’s rookie deal 

8 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

The thing is they own A  Aron. They don't have to accept anything they don't want to. They can let him sit on the couch (or dark place) and think about the 33 mil. he ain't getting.  The Jets can hold out a while longer until the draft date possibly gets the Packers to accept maybe not as much as they want.

By that time, other teams  will be saying ...Hey, why not us?  If the Commanders situation changes soon and they can swing it, what better way to bring that team to relevance?  He'll probably end up a 49er. How cool would that be?

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

How are the Packers okay with getting no picks this year for Rodgers?  I don't really care what picks they get, but nothing until next year seems dumb

Agree.  Especially when that pick is likely to be worse than this years.  Makes no sense.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, nosejob said:

The thing is they own A  Aron. They don't have to accept anything they don't want to. They can let him sit on the couch (or dark place) and think about the 33 mil. he ain't getting.  The Jets can hold out a while longer until the draft date possibly gets the Packers to accept maybe not as much as they want.

By that time, other teams  will be saying ...Hey, why not us?  If the Commanders situation changes soon and they can swing it, what better way to bring that team to relevance?  He'll probably end up a 49er. How cool would that be?

Agreed.  My point is whether it’s the Jets or someone else, if Rodgers will not play for GB in 2023, GB is better off trading him for the best offer of draft picks in the 2023 NFL draft, as opposed to the 2024 NFL draft.  I’d be shocked if any deal to trade Rodgers happens after the upcoming draft.

On 4/11/2023 at 3:06 PM, Don Otreply said:

Is it soup yet? 

😂

image.thumb.jpeg.4f7b39f982dd17572518ae7c63e4f84f.jpeg

20 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

For the Jests, they have just been so irrelevant and may have had the worse qb play in the league last year. So anything is an upgrade. They have a really good roster. But the longer this drags on, the better for us.

You are not taking extra curricular activities into account. 🤔

• Haha (+1) 2