Aaron Rodgers talking with the Jets

Matt_In_NH

2 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Green Bay isn't spending money like a drunken sailor this FA period. It almost seems like they expect to be paying Rodgers this season.

Sauce Gardner lining up on one side and Jaire Alexander lining up on the other would make the Packers tough to pass on.

The Jets aren't trading Sauce for a 39-year-old Rodgers. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Jets entered the situation without a real option at QB, and the draft is coming up. 

If Rodgers doesn't work out then they signed Lazard, who is a decent WR for whoever they bring in. They haven't yet signed any other "Rodgers guys" that I know of. 

That's not true. They have this promising young QB on their roster they can build around in Zach Wilson.

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Yantha said:

Thumbs up if you are annoyed with Aaron Rodgers.......

I'll just be annoyed by Rogers, GB and the Jets. This is football and it's playing out more like a soap opera. I wouldn't be surprised if this was all just to keep people watching and reading about the NFL. A script

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Haven't been following the drama, has this been officially announced yet? 

Nope. GB playing hardball. They want two #1's and the Jets don't want to do that for a 39-year-old.  Who knows when/if this gets resolved. If it screws up the Jets, then I am OK with that.

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

Nope. GB playing hardball. They want two #1's and the Jets don't want to do that for a 39-year-old.  Who knows when/if this gets resolved. If it screws up the Jets, then I am OK with that.

I believe the Jets also want them to pay a good chunk of his guaranteed money. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, papazoid said:

if this thing blows up....GB is in way worse shape....they are stuck with a huge contract and a distruptive presence

the jets can still go forward in several directions....

therefore i say the jets have more leverage

New York Jets GIF by NFL On Prime Video

14 minutes ago, papazoid said:

if this thing blows up....GB is in way worse shape....they are stuck with a huge contract and a distruptive presence

the jets can still go forward in several directions....

therefore i say the jets have more leverage

Green Bay is already stuck with a huge dead cap hit either way.

If they wait to trade him until after June 1st, they can spread it out over 2 years. I don’t see the rush for Green Bay. Worst case, Green Bay is “stuck” with a hall-of-fame QB for another season or Rodgers retires and Green Bay deals with a similar dead cap hit to trading him now.

and I don’t really see the other options you talk about for the Jets. All the decent QBs are signed now. They could try to sign Lamar to a huge guaranteed deal and give up two 1sts. Other than that… 🤷‍♂️ What, are they going to roll with Zach Wilson? 

The Jets have already hyped this Rodgers thing too much to not acquire him now.

I still say Green Bay has more leverage.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Green Bay is already stuck with a huge dead cap hit either way.

If they wait to trade him until after June 1st, they can spread it out over 2 years. I don’t see the rush for Green Bay. Worst case, Green Bay is “stuck” with a hall-of-fame QB for another season or Rodgers retires and Green Bay deals with a similar dead cap hit to trading him now.

and I don’t really see the other options you talk about for the Jets. All the decent QBs are signed now. They could try to sign Lamar to a huge guaranteed deal and give up two 1sts. Other than that… 🤷‍♂️ What, are they going to roll with Zach Wilson? 

The Jets have already hyped this Rodgers thing too much to not acquire him now.

I still say Green Bay has more leverage.

The Packers totally have the leverage BECAUSE THEY ALREADY HAVE a QB who can start in Jordan Love. The Jets don't have that anymore.

The Jets are stuck and the Packers know it... it's brilliant because it forces the Jets to accept their price and sticks it to Rodgers for screwing them around season after season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1