Aaron Rodgers talking with the Jets

Matt_In_NH

A fan tweets at Cole about the “Rodgers is better right now” part of the tweet.  Which is the sole reason Beas is taking heat for what he said.  

Cole responds with Rodgers stats for the past 3 years.  Lol, ok..  guess we have different frames of reference for “right now”. 

Oh, and also, Gabe is a Top 5 WR2… apparently. 

love a good train wreck

pack think they have jets over a barrel....asking price is high knowing jet fans will go nuts if this falls thru

jets think they have pack over a barrel.....low balling knowing pack do not want to get stuck with rodgers

rodgers fanning the flames in all directions

love it....this could drag on for weeks

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Slap in the face to Allen…. But either way, I think Jets are right there with Bills once this trade goes down…. And once the Bills half ass their WR corps again. 

It is.  I'm guessing Beasley has been told he's not being brought back to Buffalo so now he's going to take a passive aggressive shot at the organization any way he can.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Maybe they are drinking the same water the Bills love to drink.

I mean... They paid Aaron jones, then drafted Dillon in the 2nd after drafting a backup QB in the first.  Jones is still good too, very strange.  

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

It is.  I'm guessing Beasley has been told he's not being brought back to Buffalo so now he's going to take a passive aggressive shot at the organization any way he can.

He's always been outspoken and opinionated.  In many ways he contradicts himself too.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, papazoid said:

love a good train wreck

pack think they have jets over a barrel....asking price is high knowing jet fans will go nuts if this falls thru

jets think they have pack over a barrel.....low balling knowing pack do not want to get stuck with rodgers

rodgers fanning the flames in all directions

love it....this could drag on for weeks

Pack already know this year is a “see what we have in Jordan Love” year.  

Id roll the dice and if Rodgers blows it up by having to stay in GB or retire, so be it.  

The Jets are leveraged to the hilt to get the deal done.  If it all falls apart, we’re thinking -nobody- at any point this year, calls Green Bay?  

Injuries, draft not falling the way they expect, change of heart by an owner/gm… I have to think someone would rescue Green Bay’s GM before the season starts if a Jets deal he hardballs falls apart. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Slap in the face to Allen…. But either way, I think Jets are right there with Bills once this trade goes down…. And once the Bills half ass their WR corps again. 

Yeah, the Jets are stacked. Of course, sucking so bad you get 20 picks in the top 80 across multiple years certainly helps. Not like the GM had to do anything special to acquire guys like Sauce. They were just payoffs of his previously bad decisions.

Same thing happened with the Bengals and they just saw their first mass exodus, and they havent even paid Burrow or Chase yet. So... 🤷‍♂️

I do think, with Allen and Burrow, the Bills and Bengals are setup for far greater long term consistent success than the Jets trying to get one good year out of Rodgers before it all falls apart.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I dont want to start a whole thread about Cole Beasley and his tweeting because, well, we all know why.

But the Allen disrespect here...

Well, Cole, enjoy the rest of your life grouching on the couch 'cos there isn't any team who is going to call you back. 

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea… a lot easier to go from bad to decent… a lot harder to go from decent to SB champion… still you sound like Beane. Making excuses for the teams failures like he did with his comments on the Bengals after they destroyed the Bills…. Bottom line is the Bengals have just built a better team with better coaching and strategy. The Jets it’s wait and see, but with Rodgers I like the roster around the QB more than I do the Bills around Allen. Better playmakers all around and again, this is where McBeane seem to have a hard time grasping onto or just stubbornly refuse to change their old Carolina ways. 

And you sound like, well... ScottLaw :thumbsup: :beer:

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I dont want to start a whole thread about Cole Beasley and his tweeting because, well, we all know why.

But the Allen disrespect here...

While I think you can make the argument Allen is possibly ahead of Rodgers at this point in his career, Rodgers is one year removed from back to back MVPs and has won four total. I don’t think Cole is trying to stir anything up, one guy has 4 MVPs and a ring, the other has two rings in 3 Super Bowl appearances already with 2 MVP awards. Rodgers probably the best regular season QB ever…

Josh is great, best QB in Bills history, but the resume doesn’t have the accolades of the other two and until he starts adding some hardware to his list of accomplishments in this league, he’s always going to be viewed as just behind those other guys, and in terms of league perception, Burrow has passed him… I think that’s crazy, but you hear it in the way “analysts” talk about Mahomes, Burrow, then Allen… which I prefer anyway, 17 plays better with a chip on his shoulder rather than a world of expectations.

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan

26 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Digging his own grave

13 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Well, Cole, enjoy the rest of your life grouching on the couch 'cos there isn't any team who is going to call you back. 

Defending the first comment by pointing out his best year was with Dak is certainly a choice....

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Defending the first comment by pointing out his best year was with Dak is certainly a choice....

My best season was 2016 with Dak???  Check the tape?

2016;

Games played;  16

Targets;  98

Receptions;  75

Yards;  833

TD;  5 

Comp %;  76.5

2020;

Games played;  15

Targets;  107

Receptions;  82

Yards;   967

TD;  4

Comp %;  76.6

I just checked the tape Cole, and you're wrong.   

I supported him with his vaccination stance.   Now he is just being a jerk.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

My best season was 2016 with Dak???  Check the tape?

2016;

Games played;  16

Targets;  98

Receptions;  75

Yards;  833

TD;  5 

Comp %;  76.5

2020;

Games played;  15

Targets;  107

Receptions;  82

Yards;   967

TD;  4

Comp %;  76.6

I just checked the tape Cole, and you're wrong.   

I supported him with his vaccination stance.   Now he is just being a jerk.

Or has a concussion and totally forgot about 2020.