Aaron Rodgers talking with the Jets

Matt_In_NH

4 hours ago, Gregg said:

Per todays NY Post the Packers can drag this thing out until week 1 of the regular season. The deadline for Rodgers 58.3 bonus doesn't kick in to guaranteed salary until then. How funny would it be if Zach Wilson has to start week 1.

True but the longer they wait, the longer they also have to wait for compensation, and better compensation.  The Jets pick 13th this year.  If they wait until after this draft to trade him, they'll have to wait another year for a pick and it will likely be much lower than that.

3 hours ago, nosejob said:

Rodgers is an idiot to go to the AFCE. Mcd is gonna be eliminating QBs from week one. Get ready to take a beatin AA Ron.....

Signed....Arthur Moats

Agreed! Here are the starting QBs in the NFC once he leaves

• Vomit 1

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

True but the longer they wait, the longer they also have to wait for compensation, and better compensation.  The Jets pick 13th this year.  If they wait until after this draft to trade him, they'll have to wait another year for a pick and it will likely be much lower than that.

Theyre also not going to go that long carrying a $50M+ cap hit which is preventing them from signing a bunch of players they need. Unless they are ready to tank the whole season. Which could be a thing.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/15/2023 at 6:41 PM, Greensleeves said:

Wow, it's really fun seeing Bills fans are just as crazy as Jets fans. Let me ask you this - who would you rather have as your QB playing in a big game in the playoffs - Aaron Rodgers or Josh Allen? Allen is way more prone to mistakes and isn't as good of a passer or as smart, but a better runner obviously. Allen was seeing ghosts against the Jets if you watched both games last year - if we had competent QB play in the second game the Jets could easily have won both. Allen would much rather play the Chiefs or Bengals D than the Jets D. Rodgers played with a broken thumb for most of last year with no #1 receiver and is one year removed from MVP. Jets have a ton of weapons now with a stingy D. Bills seem to be losing ground to most people outside of the organization and it's fans. BTW, the Jets have a ton of talent on their Oline - their top 5 lineman were on injured reserve last year. That won't happen again. They most likely will have 3 #1 picks starting on the line next season. This team is primed to win the next two years - loads of young talent. BTW, both teams have leverage because GB will crush their cap if they keep Arod, he will make it miserable for them, and they would lose draft compensation if they wait. They are moving on from Rodgers and the Jets are the only team willing to take the huge contract. I think they give up a #2 this year and a conditional 3rd or 2nd if he plays next year. He's older and expensive. Packers are just as desperate as the Jets but don't seem to be as smart as Joe Douglas but we'll see. It will be fun to see what happens. I hope the teams stay healthy. 

Yeah whatever. Good thing the games aren’t being played on paper. You guys will maybe get a couple good years out of Rodgers and it’s back to the drawing board to find a QB. Something you haven’t had since Namath (Pennington was okay.) Meanwhile Buffalo is set up to compete for the next 15+ years. The Jets roster is phenomenal outside of the most important position. Enjoy your 2 year rental. 

6 minutes ago, Mango said:

Is it possible that they are trying to push this to June 1. His dead cap hit becomes waaaaay less if they can wait 75 days. 

My hunch would be they're trying to get the Jets to give them compensations for those 75 days. GB can wait.. The circus around the Jets has put a lot of pressure on them to get him in the building. If this goes on for a couple months.. that pressure is gonna ratchet up. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Malazan said:

My hunch would be they're trying to get the Jets to give them compensations for those 75 days. GB can wait.. The circus around the Jets has put a lot of pressure on them to get him in the building. If this goes on for a couple months.. that pressure is gonna ratchet up. 

I think there is a good chance Rodgers went on McAfee saying that GB doesn't want him to try and burn the bridge to get to NYJ. 

Rodgers is very cut/tradable next year and reasonably affordable to keep on the roster this year. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/aaron-rodgers-3745/

11 hours ago, chongli said:

The more detailed breakdown:

Brady and Manning got there on teams that were loaded with both talent and veterans.  The Jets have talent, but it is generally inexperienced.

Favre passed through another team and failed before getting to Minnesota.

Montana limped into the AFCCG in a very weak conference and his team got pummeled.  The current AFC does not resemble the Montana AFC.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

The more detailed breakdown:

Brady and Manning got there on teams that were loaded with both talent and veterans.  The Jets have talent, but it is generally inexperienced.

Favre passed through another team and failed before getting to Minnesota.

Montana limped into the AFCCG in a very weak conference and his team got pummeled.  The current AFC does not resemble the Montana AFC.

The Jets defense is LOADED. I have no doubt they will be the #1 defense in the NFL next year.

All Rodgers needs to do is score 20 points and they’ll win at least 10 games.

Just now, Einstein said:

The Jets defense is LOADED. I have no doubt they will be the #1 defense in the NFL next year.

Agree. The Bills are going to be challenged by them no doubt. It wouldn't surprise me if they play 3 times next year. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

If Rodgers goes to the Jets, if NY and GB finally get the compensation worked out, then the AFCE will have 3 teams in the Playoffs in 2023. The Bills, Jets, and Dolphins will all make it in. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Thanks, Albert. Besides Montana being completely irrelevant for how the league has changed since... Now do Bledsoe, Rivers, Matt Ryan...

Or even Favre to the Jets. Skipped right over that one....

23 minutes ago, H2o said:

If Rodgers goes to the Jets, if NY and GB finally get the compensation worked out, then the AFCE will have 3 teams in the Playoffs in 2023. The Bills, Jets, and Dolphins will all make it in. 

I really think one of those three fall on their face this year. Everybody cannot live up to the hype. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Mango said:

Or even Favre to the Jets. Skipped right over that one....

I really think one of those three fall on their face this year. Everybody cannot live up to the hype. 

The funnest part is, it'll be the Pats falling on their faces. 3 AFC East teams made it in last year, I could see it happening again, but with the Pats staying home. And I'm there for every second of it, as they circle the bowl.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Malazan said:

I keep hearing Green Bay can wait for months to close this deal the way his contract and pay deadline is structured, but isn’t the draft really the deadline? They want this years pick before the draft, right? Am I missing something? 

15 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The funnest part is, it'll be the Pats falling on their faces. 3 AFC East teams made it in last year, I could see it happening again, but with the Pats staying home. And I'm there for every second of it, as they circle the bowl.

@DrDawkinstein, did you take the day off to celebrate St. Patty's Day? 2 AFCE teams made the playoffs last year. Bills and Dolphins. 

Also the comment I quoted is below...and you are talking about the Patriots....which would be a 4th team, who has very little hype to live up to this year....

51 minutes ago, H2o said:

Toss one back for me please.

Edited by Mango
format
  • Thank you (+1) 1