Aaron Rodgers talking with the Jets

Matt_In_NH

18 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I cant wait for the NYC media to rip him apart, the media love affair in Green Bay is long gone.

This is a ridiculous take. AR is not some green rookie, in fact, he's the complete and total opposite. I am quite certain that he'll have no problem dealing with the "tough big apple press corps." Btw, just because someone is rude, assertive, obnoxious, and persistent, that doesn’t make them "tough" (talking about NY media). LOL.  And of course if he leads the Jets to a winning season, then even THEY will "love" him.

Edit to add: By winning season, I mean a playoff run, NOT just going 9-8 or similar.

Edited by Bob Jones
Added words
  • Disagree 1

44 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Wow, it's really fun seeing Bills fans are just as crazy as Jets fans. Let me ask you this - who would you rather have as your QB playing in a big game in the playoffs - Aaron Rodgers or Josh Allen? Allen is way more prone to mistakes and isn't as good of a passer or as smart, but a better runner obviously. Allen was seeing ghosts against the Jets if you watched both games last year - if we had competent QB play in the second game the Jets could easily have won both. Allen would much rather play the Chiefs or Bengals D than the Jets D. Rodgers played with a broken thumb for most of last year with no #1 receiver and is one year removed from MVP. Jets have a ton of weapons now with a stingy D. Bills seem to be losing ground to most people outside of the organization and it's fans. BTW, the Jets have a ton of talent on their Oline - their top 5 lineman were on injured reserve last year. That won't happen again. They most likely will have 3 #1 picks starting on the line next season. This team is primed to win the next two years - loads of young talent. BTW, both teams have leverage because GB will crush their cap if they keep Arod, he will make it miserable for them, and they would lose draft compensation if they wait. They are moving on from Rodgers and the Jets are the only team willing to take the huge contract. I think they give up a #2 this year and a conditional 3rd or 2nd if he plays next year. He's older and expensive. Packers are just as desperate as the Jets but don't seem to be as smart as Joe Douglas but we'll see. It will be fun to see what happens. I hope the teams stay healthy. 

A. Let's weight (see what i did) to see if Becton tips the scales at less than 500

B. You're delusional about a lot, including trade compensation

C.  "as smart as Joe Douglas" --- didnt expect to read that sentence today, doubt I will ever again

D. You appear smarter than our other Jets fan that visits. Did you use talk to text, or did your parole officer help you type that out?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

This is a ridiculous take. AR is not some green rookie, in fact, he's the complete and total opposite. I am quite certain that he'll have no problem dealing with the "tough big apple press corps." Btw, just because someone is rude, assertive, obnoxious, and persistent, that doesn’t make them "tough" (talking about NY media). LOL.  And of course if he leads the Jets to a winning season, then even THEY will "love" him.

If the only thing the jets have is a winning season, it’s a failure IMO. 

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Wow, it's really fun seeing Bills fans are just as crazy as Jets fans. Let me ask you this - who would you rather have as your QB playing in a big game in the playoffs - Aaron Rodgers or Josh Allen? Allen is way more prone to mistakes and isn't as good of a passer or as smart, but a better runner obviously. Allen was seeing ghosts against the Jets if you watched both games last year - if we had competent QB play in the second game the Jets could easily have won both. Allen would much rather play the Chiefs or Bengals D than the Jets D. Rodgers played with a broken thumb for most of last year with no #1 receiver and is one year removed from MVP. Jets have a ton of weapons now with a stingy D. Bills seem to be losing ground to most people outside of the organization and it's fans. BTW, the Jets have a ton of talent on their Oline - their top 5 lineman were on injured reserve last year. That won't happen again. They most likely will have 3 #1 picks starting on the line next season. This team is primed to win the next two years - loads of young talent. BTW, both teams have leverage because GB will crush their cap if they keep Arod, he will make it miserable for them, and they would lose draft compensation if they wait. They are moving on from Rodgers and the Jets are the only team willing to take the huge contract. I think they give up a #2 this year and a conditional 3rd or 2nd if he plays next year. He's older and expensive. Packers are just as desperate as the Jets but don't seem to be as smart as Joe Douglas but we'll see. It will be fun to see what happens. I hope the teams stay healthy. 

Paragraphs are your friend. You're welcome.

Call me crazy, I watched McAfee today, this very much felt like the immunized vs. vaccinated presser.

I intend to play of the Jets.

Every single report has been that Rodgers has been holding this up. But today he went all “don’t trust the media” and “GB made it clear they don’t want me around”.

I think he likely goes to NYJ, but it had the feel of “it’s not done until it’s done”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Mango said:

Call me crazy, I watched McAfee today, this very much felt like the immunized vs. vaccinated presser.

Every single report has been that Rodgers has been holding this up. But today he went all “don’t trust the media” and “GB made it clear they don’t want me around”.

I think he likely goes to NYJ, but it had the feel of “it’s not done until it’s done”

Rodgers says he “intends” on playing for the Jets. I could see it not happening, allowing him to teach us the definition of intends. He’s free to share any thought he wants, I’m completely in favor of that, but he often says things just to mess around with people to prove his belief he’s more intelligent than fans and media. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Mango said:

I would laugh so freaking hard 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

My goodness the New York media is going to have a field day with this guy if he has a bad couple games 

Do I agree with what? 

That I can debate whether Aaron Rodgers is the best Packer or not?

Sure…I can debate it….

His wording is so purposefully odd.

11 hours ago, Mango said:

What does this even mean? He (Rodgers) clearly came out and stated that his intentions are to play for the Jets. Yes, it took a little while to get there, and I'm sure that McAfee wanted him to stretch it out even more, since he had just under a half million people watching on YouTube, but AR was pretty straightforward with his reasons why.

4 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

What does this even mean? He (Rodgers) clearly came out and stated that his intentions are to play for the Jets. Yes, it took a little while to get there, and I'm sure that McAfee wanted him to stretch it out even more, since he had just under a half million people watching on YouTube, but AR was pretty straightforward with his reasons why.

Every other report not coming from Rodgers is that the decision is in his hands at this point. That the Jets and Packers already had a deal agreed upon.

Then he went on a whole diatribe about how GB made it clear they don’t want him there anymore and that the hold up is their compensation AND his money/contract.

His “intent” is another odd Rodgers ambiguity. 

19 minutes ago, Mango said:

Every other report not coming from Rodgers is that the decision is in his hands at this point. That the Jets and Packers already had a deal agreed upon. 

The very first thing AR addressed yesterday was all of the "reports" out there in the wind about his situation. And he stated that MANY of them were false. I believe him over anonymous sources. You know, that old "get it straight from the horse's mouth" paradigm. LOL  I mean seriously, do you trust ANY of the myriad of talking head sports "experts" on anything? 

Paul Andrew Esden Jr on Twitter: ".@AdamSchefter said on @GetUpESPN that he believes Aaron Rodgers will be traded from #Packers ➡️ #Jets for a first this year & a conditional pick next year. 🧐" / Twitter

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bob Jones said:

The very first thing AR addressed yesterday was all of the "reports" out there in the wind about his situation. And he stated that MANY of them were false. I believe him over anonymous sources. You know, that old "get it straight from the horse's mouth" paradigm. LOL  I mean seriously, do you trust ANY of the myriad of talking head sports "experts" on anything? 

Rodgers is a weird dude. He just went into a darkness retreat and used garlic and essential oils or some bull#### to "immunize" himself from Covid. I think its probably wise to take everything he says with a grain of salt 

As for the reporters, if they are AP reporters, they usually have to confirm info with two sources. Rodgers doesn't have to do that and can say whatever the hell he wants to get more attention, which we know he absolutely loves. I would be shocked if the Jets and Packers didnt have a pretty good frame work of a trade before they let him talk to the Jets 

• Thank you (+1) 1