Aaron Rodgers talking with the Jets

Matt_In_NH

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Consider me officially confused about the Aaron Rodgers saga. 

He wants out of GB because they don’t give him enough help. But when he gets to the Jets they want to surround him with Lazard, Cobb, and Hackett….

Also wants to go from Aging Tom Brady, Stafford, Hurts, QB of the week in San Fran to Herbert, Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Jackson?

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

Adam Schefter on Twitter: "With the Jets closing in on a deal for WR Allen Lazard, another WR expected to be on their radar in the coming days of free agency is Packers’ veteran Randall Cobb, per league sources." / Twitter

This makes me feel like Rodgers going to NY is just a matter of time. Reportedly, one of the things he asked for was to sign some of his WR buddies from Green Bay.

edit - it’s kind of funny. NY has built a pretty damn good young roster. Now they’re bringing in Rodgers, who is kind of notorious for disliking young, inexperienced players. So he wants to bring a bunch of his half washed vet buddies that will take snaps from those good young players.

It’ll be interesting to see how that dynamic works. I’m sure it’ll be all good to start, just due to the respect the young guys probably have for Rodgers name. But we will see how long that lasts…

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

This is hilarious. None of those receivers are better than what the Jets already have. He should be telling them to get a better OL.

according to overthecap the jets have ~ $11 mil in cap space so....excuse me aaron?

5 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

This is hilarious. None of those receivers are better than what the Jets already have. He should be telling them to get a better OL.

I hope the Jets cut Corey Davis to get these guys (minus Beckham) and we can sign him on the cheap. 

2 hours ago, Mango said:

Consider me officially confused about the Aaron Rodgers saga. 
He wants out of GB because they don’t give him enough help. But when he gets to the Jets they want to surround him with Lazard, Cobb, and Hackett….

Right. 

Well, I guess technically OBJ wasn't one of his weapons in Green Bay, but...

If Rodgers doesn't like Garrett Wilson and Tyler Conklin, the Bills could take them off their hands.

• Haha (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Right. 

Well, I guess technically OBJ wasn't one of his weapons in Green Bay, but...

If Rodgers doesn't like Garrett Wilson and Tyler Conklin, the Bills could take them off their hands.

I'd even take Corey Davis minus his current salary. 

33 minutes ago, Process said:

My god what a freaking clown this guy is

He's on a secret mission to destroy the Jets and the Packers because he is a nihilist who actually hates football. Douglas will sign all these guys, create competing factions in the locker room, then Aaron will change his mind and retire to a 500 acre spread in Wyoming, completely screwing GBs cap situation. Douglas heads to the airport where a jet has been kept on standby for a trip to Baltimore where he gives Lamar most of what he wants and then the Ravens match. Perfection.

Edited by starrymessenger
  • Haha (+1) 1

Rogers is a very good quarterback who I wouldn't want near my team. Some guys baggage is too overwhelming in spite of other considerations. Unfortunately for the Jets they've got themselves in a position they need him regardless.

11 minutes ago, Radar said:

Rogers is a very good quarterback who I wouldn't want near my team. Some guys baggage is too overwhelming in spite of other considerations. Unfortunately for the Jets they've got themselves in a position they need him regardless.

What baggage? 

1 hour ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Dudes picking FA the way the guy in your fantasy league who doesnt watch, makes his picks lol someone tell him Gurley is a FA!!!!

• Like (+1) 1