Aaron Rodgers talking with the Jets

Matt_In_NH

Guarantee the Jets brass is just trying to get the fanbase into a frenzy and wanting to announce it at the very last second. It's not a bad marketing ploy as I would be shocked if everything has not already been agreed upon. 

Edited by BuffaloBaumer

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I wonder if Green Bay has an early-retirement offer of a pile of cash to retire and get free money, and he's mulling over whether to take the retirement package or the Jets offer. Because you are right, what could be taking so long? What is there to really decide on at this point?

They arent even to that point yet tho, and reportedly arent negotiating on trade package until Rodgers makes his decision to officially allow the trade.

I’m starting believe he really wanted to go to Vegas when that didn’t happen he knew the Jets or retire where his only options he’d be crazy not to play with for the money he’s owed but I get  the feeling Aaron really doesn’t want to do this but can’t really turn it down. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Guarantee the Jets brass is just trying to get the fanbase into a frenzy and wanting to announce it at the very last second. It's not a bad marketing ploy as I would be shocked if everything has already been agreed upon. 

No one is delaying this besides Aaron Rodgers. Everyone else involved wants this done with asap. Neither the Jets nor Packers can sign any other FAs right now until they get his contract moved and settled. They're all stuck waiting on him. And he loves it.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Guarantee the Jets brass is just trying to get the fanbase into a frenzy and wanting to announce it at the very last second. It's not a bad marketing ploy as I would be shocked if everything has not already been agreed upon. 

what would you consider the very last second? I'm sure both teams wanted this resolved sooner 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I’m starting believe he really wanted to go to Vegas when that didn’t happen he knew the Jets or retire where his only options he’d be crazy not to play with for the money he’s owed but I get  the feeling Aaron really doesn’t want to do this but can’t really turn it down. 

That and he absolutely doesnt want to retire in the same year as Brady.

46 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

the Jets are now pot committed to this lol they chose to wait it out through wave 1 of qb FA's, its starting to look murky, but they cant back out now. do they withdraw from the rodgers sweepstakes to sign....... who?  heinecke? baker? i dont see this move working out for them either way, and by far the funnier outcome is rodgers saying nah, jk lol 

even if he does agree, its a bad look that he's hesitated this much. will remind me of watson clearly not wanting to go to CLE, but not having many options at the $$ amount he wanted

if a girl waited a week to answer you on if shed let you take her out, how interested could she possibly be. this is hilarious

The Jets would be heading into 2023 with Hackett and Heinecke/Baker? 

Glorious!

AS we discuss Rodgers bailing on the Jets. It occurred to me that the greatest troll that Rodgers could ever pull would be to actually bail on the Jets and somehow head to Chicago.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Adam Schefter on Twitter: "With the Jets closing in on a deal for WR Allen Lazard, another WR expected to be on their radar in the coming days of free agency is Packers’ veteran Randall Cobb, per league sources." / Twitter

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Adam Schefter on Twitter: "With the Jets closing in on a deal for WR Allen Lazard, another WR expected to be on their radar in the coming days of free agency is Packers’ veteran Randall Cobb, per league sources." / Twitter

So Rodgers plan is to take the Packers to NJ and try to win with Hackett? 

Good luck 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Consider me officially confused about the Aaron Rodgers saga. 

He wants out of GB because they don’t give him enough help. But when he gets to the Jets they want to surround him with Lazard, Cobb, and Hackett….

Edited by Mango
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I wonder if Green Bay has an early-retirement offer of a pile of cash to retire and get free money, and he's mulling over whether to take the retirement package or the Jets offer. Because you are right, what could be taking so long? What is there to really decide on at this point?

They arent even to that point yet tho, and reportedly arent negotiating on trade package until Rodgers makes his decision to officially allow the trade.

i thought the whole agreement is in place short of arod signing off on it

Just now, Steptide said:

I honestly hate all of this. I wanted a few more years of bills domination in the afc east. Between what Miami and the jets are doing, it makes for a much tougher division 

same... how come Brady got 150 years of Cleo Lemon, Mark Sanchez, trent edwards, Losman, Chad Pennington types in the AFC East?!

Meanwhile we get 2 super teams in our division and the fumes of the Evil Empire!

59 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Maybe we can trade them a late rounder for George Wilson since Rodgers doesn't need him.

6 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I honestly hate all of this. I wanted a few more years of bills domination in the afc east. Between what Miami and the jets are doing, it makes for a much tougher division 

Well the Pats should be squarely in last place so there is that.   I get what you are saying but this will be temporary and I would take 27 year old allen over 40 year old Rodgers all day.  Also, I would not jump to conclusions.  Remember what everyone thought about the AFC West last year with the arms race behind KC and KC had to trade Hill for cap reasons.   What happened?  KC still the cream of the crop.  Sam will happen in the AFC East.

AFCE meet AFCW

Bills / Chiefs

Jets / Chargers

Dolphins / Broncos

Patriots / Raiders

Man up and be a better team for it.  KC dominated that division once again last year, will probably do it again this year.  If Beane makes smart decisions this off-season, no reason we shouldn't win the East again as well.  

• Like (+1) 1