Aaron Rodgers talking with the Jets

Matt_In_NH

1 hour ago, cle23 said:

Yes.  Rodgers had 1 down year.  He had won 2 straight MVPs before that, and 4 total.  Obviously long term, Allen > Rodgers.  If Rodgers continues downhill, then obviously Allen > Rodgers.  But Rodgers was a top 2-3 QB in the NFL for 12+ years.  1 down disgruntled year doesn't guarantee he is suddenly trash.

I could see Rodgers playing lights out next year just to prove the Packers wrong.

"if" he continues downhill?  Father Time is undefeated bro...have you been smoking some of that peyote Rodgers has been hitting up?

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

"if" he continues downhill?  Father Time is undefeated bro...have you been smoking some of that peyote Rodgers has been hitting up?

Obviously over the course of the next five years he's going to go downhill at some point. That doesn't mean after one down year he's suddenly gonna continue to be what he was last year. That's why I had said in the previous post that long term obviously it's Allen over him but next year could be a toss up.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I know I'm late to the fair here, but as this report pointed out:

Why would the Packers give Rodgers permission to seek a trade, when trading him is gonna cost them a small fortune in dead cap?

Packers team president confirmed in a recent interview they gave the jets permission to talk to Rodgers directly, and he made it sound like they are ready to move on from Rodgers.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/aaron-rodgers-saga-packers-team-president-mark-murphy-suggests-green-bay-would-prefer-to-move-on-from-qb/

1 hour ago, cle23 said:

Yes.  Rodgers had 1 down year.  He had won 2 straight MVPs before that, and 4 total.  Obviously long term, Allen > Rodgers.  If Rodgers continues downhill, then obviously Allen > Rodgers.  But Rodgers was a top 2-3 QB in the NFL for 12+ years.  1 down disgruntled year doesn't guarantee he is suddenly trash.

I could see Rodgers playing lights out next year just to prove the Packers wrong.

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Packers team president confirmed in a recent interview they gave the jets permission to talk to Rodgers directly, and he made it sound like they are ready to move on from Rodgers.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/aaron-rodgers-saga-packers-team-president-mark-murphy-suggests-green-bay-would-prefer-to-move-on-from-qb/

I didn't think the Jets were engaging in widely publicized tampering, but......

It's just weird.  He's literally $40M of dead cap to them this year, when they only have something like $19M.  They need to come up with an extra $9M of dead cap just to trade the guy.

I hope the Packers hold the Jets up for some good comp

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

giphy.gif

Sean Payton checking Russell Wilson into hospital for treatment of his shoulder or elbow and coming to visit him like he did with Brees.

Edited by Beck Water

12 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I didn't think the Jets were engaging in widely publicized tampering, but......

It's just weird.  He's literally $40M of dead cap to them this year, when they only have something like $19M.  They need to come up with an extra $9M of dead cap just to trade the guy.

I hope the Packers hold the Jets up for some good comp

Sean Payton checking Russell Wilson into hospital for treatment of his shoulder or elbow and coming to visit him like he did with Brees.

Reports are that the packers want a 1st round pick and an additional pick if Rodgers plays again the following season.

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

Reports are that the packers want a 1st round pick and an additional pick if Rodgers plays again the following season.

That is the hill they're dying on hopefully. Nothing would please me more than Rodgers trudging back to GB without a deal done after looking so smug in interviews. He's really acting out his Farve trauma by reliving it. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, benderbender said:

That is the hill they're dying on hopefully. Nothing would please me more than Rodgers trudging back to GB without a deal done after looking so smug in interviews. He's really acting out his Farve trauma by reliving it. 

he's due $60M from Packers this season

1 minute ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Ian Rapoport is reporting that Aaron Rodgers has NOT informed either team as to what his plans are.

Methinks Trey Wingo is in a bit of hot water jumping the gun.

I always found Trey Wingo condescending and douchey. So good

• Like (+1) 1

Rodgers is an attention seeking diva.  I'm not sure what would be worse for the Jets;

Rodgers actually going there with his toxicity (can't wait to see the NY media crawl up his a** after his first bad game)

OR

Rodgers going back to GB and screwing the Jets by effectively keeping them out of free agency waiting for him to make up his mind.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Rodgers is an attention seeking diva.  I'm not sure what would be worse for the Jets;

Rodgers actually going there with his toxicity (can't wait to see the NY media crawl up his a** after his first bad game)

OR

Rodgers going back to GB and screwing the Jets by effectively keeping them out of free agency waiting for him to make up his mind.

Jimmy G to the Raiders leaves just one bonafide starter... Lamar Jackson.