Aaron Rodgers talking with the Jets

Matt_In_NH

A-Ron will go where he commands the most attention and a good deal of money, he knows he has limited years to play, so why not if your him?

The question is, do the jets have the “resources” to sign him?

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

That will be their big move, $50M in cap space, and they have to give assets to get him. 

In addition to then they have to get through the Bills, Bengals, Chiefs, Chargers, Dolphins, Jaguars who all have young QBs. 

They're desperate. 

Adding a hall of fame QB to a young, talented roster is not desperation. It’s perhaps a final piece.

Yes, they still have to get through the Chiefs. But everyone else would have to get through the Jets.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Adding a hall of fame QB to a young, talented roster is not desperation. It’s perhaps a final piece.

Yes, they still have to get through the Chiefs. But everyone else would have to get through the Jets.

If you're getting a motivated Rodgers? 

Last year he was throwing those Brett Favrian "no conscious" interceptions. 

Just launch the ball deep to a WR with no separation. 

4 minutes ago, Airseven said:

I assume he’s leveraging the Packers once again and will stay in Green Bay.

But if he does go to the Jets, WOW.

What would he leverage the Packers for? He's already under contract for $60M this season if he just stays where he is

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

If this happens you can count on a Bills vs Jets primetime game. Allen and Rodgers is definitely getting one. The other would probably be the national game on Sunday afternoon with Romo and Nantz.

i keep hearing about how lousy the afc is as a landing spot, (specifically the afc east) due to the competition.  one of the reason why carr signed with the saints (besides a dome).  i suppose if he really wants out of green bay, the jets may be one of the few choices.

3 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Is Rodgers it tho? He didn’t look like an MVP last year. He looked old.

Under 4K in yards, 26-12 TD/INT ratio. Yeah he had new receivers, but he’s got one year left as a starter. I don’t think the Jets get significantly better with him

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Under 4K in yards, 26-12 TD/INT ratio. Yeah he had new receivers, but he’s got one year left as a starter. I don’t think the Jets get significantly better with him

They get a lot better.

2022 Stats

Mike White - 1192 yards 3 TD's 4 INT's

Zach Wilson - 1688 yards 6 TD's 7 INT's

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I agree.  Rogers couldn't lift GB into the playoffs last season and on offense I think the 2022 Packers had more play makers and a better O line then the 2022 Jets offense.

As an aside with the exception of QB the Jets have drafted very well the last couple of seasons.  They will be giving up a lot of draft capital to acquire Rogers.  is that really a good idea for a 40 year old QB not named Brady?

22 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

A-Ron will go where he commands the most attention and a good deal of money, he knows he has limited years to play, so why not if your him?

The question is, do the jets have the “resources” to sign him?

Aaron Rongers

• Haha (+1) 3