Shooting at Joe Mixon’s house(s)

BringBackFergy

Criminal or just batschitt  crazy. Stories like this just don't seem to make any sense at all to me.  Itchy trigger finger much? 

And a good thing the shooter has bad aim Holy cow 15 shots is a Lot of shots just sayin'

Joe Mixon? He's a no class punk as far as Im concerned. Wether he was there or not he associates with someone who would shoot a gun freaking 15 times at kids.

Even if Mixon wasn't home it is not a good look. 

6 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Where are we going? To Joe Mixon's house to see why someone isn't in jail yet for a shooting that put a kid in the hospital?

The NFL and others will bury this. Can’t have a prominent player involved in a shooting of a child…. Complete insanity and corruption. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, T master said:

Another upstanding NFL player involved in a fracas that one might consider just another piece of his storied history .

this will end up as one of those stories where something tragic finally happens and it will be said by half that "we never saw it coming" while the other half says "why did it get this far?"

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why should a very public company have to keep a guy like this if they no longer want him representing their brand?

They don't have to. NFL teams can cut whoever they want. Cut him or keep him.   Both are fine.  Extra legal proceedings like fines and suspensions for activities prior to joining the NFL is what I was specifically referring to. 

20 minutes ago, Chaos said:

They don't have to. NFL teams can cut whoever they want. Cut him or keep him.   Both are fine.  Extra legal proceedings like fines and suspensions for activities prior to joining the NFL is what I was specifically referring to. 

Well, Mixon faced none of that and here we are.

The other poster was talking about not allowing them to eligible to be drafted (or signed undrafted, I assume).  They are clearly in their rights to do that also.  Just because the law doesn't lock up a player who knocks out a woman (on camera) doesn't mean he "should be able to do his job" in the NFL simply because he wants to and is available.  Until a contract is signed, a rookie doesn't have a job to do...

Employer should be able to place any restrictions to hiring that they want--as long as they are not discriminating against a protected class.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Well, Mixon faced none of that and here we are.

The other poster was talking about not allowing them to eligible to be drafted (or signed undrafted, I assume).  They are clearly in their rights to do that also.  Just because the law doesn't lock up a player who knocks out a woman (on camera) doesn't mean he "should be able to do his job" in the NFL simply because he wants to and is available.  Until a contract is signed, a rookie doesn't have a job to do...

Employer should be able to place any restrictions to hiring that they want--as long as they are not discriminating against a protected class.

That other poster is me, and you are right, that’s what I said.  I posted that they should lose draft eligibility for 1 or even 2 years where to reapply for eligibility they would have to enter and complete reform classes before reapplying.  Once approved and eligible, they can enter the Supplemental Draft first, then if not drafted they would be eligible to sign as an UDFA.  

The NFL can’t currently apply discipline to a player once they are employed by the NFL for things that happened before they were employed by the NFL.  BUT they can decide who is eligible to be in the NFL and establish eligibility standards that must be met to enter the draft.  Which they already do in a number of ways, so this would be easy for the NFL to do and it’s a joke that they don’t already do it.  

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.