Geno Smith signing 3 year, 105 mil deal

bills6969

47 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Here are the real numbers:

Twenty five Million a year, plus incentives, that is a fair contract for his skill set.

20 hours ago, prissythecat said:

Who would have thought Geno would end up being a viable vet QB .   EJ must be jealous 

I feel bad for EJ. Great young man. I'm not saying he would've been a good QB, but the coaches and front office did him dirty.

4 minutes ago, somnus00 said:

I feel bad for EJ. Great young man. I'm not saying he would've been a good QB, but the coaches and front office did him dirty.

You're right.

But who knows, if EJ persevered, he might have ended up in Geno's position. 

EJ seemed to give up on his NFL career easily.  He was signed by the Chiefs in the 2019 offseason to be a backup but retired just a couple months later to work for the ACC Network as an analyst.   

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/6/2023 at 6:36 PM, bills6969 said:

Idris Elba Ugh GIF

congrats to Geno. Not sure what the guaranteed value is, but that’s a lot of cheese.  Glad we locked in Allen’s contract when we did.

Good for him. I love seeing old journeyman guys resurrect their careers. Geno had a pretty respectable year and outperformed the guy he replaced when the whole world thought he wouldn’t. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

He's not average, nor was Russell.

Good deal for both sides.

Really? And Geno purposely waited until last season to accomplish anything for what? Like I said before, Pete Carroll is a genius who can get the absolute most out of a QB. If Geno were ANYWHERE else, he would be backup material. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Good for Geno. He has persisted, including through all the butt-fumble jokes, and had a competent season last year.

This deal does not say that Seahawks are committed to him as "the guy". It covers their downside and still lets them draft a QB who can transition over the next 3 years. 

The butt fumble was the Sanchize not Geno. 

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Really? And Geno purposely waited until last season to accomplish anything for what? Like I said before, Pete Carroll is a genius who can get the absolute most out of a QB. If Geno were ANYWHERE else, he would be backup material. 

Pete Carroll is a defense guy.  

Geno is having his moment right now with a good supporting cast around him.  That's all.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

The butt fumble was the Sanchize not Geno. 

My mistake. Thanks. For some reason I thought Geno did that too. 

Edit :Geno did that too so I was not mis-remembering

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2013/9/29/4784592/geno-smith-accomplishes-buttfumble-2-0-reverse-buttfumble

Edited by Fan in Chicago

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

Pete Carroll is a defense guy.  

Geno is having his moment right now with a good supporting cast around him.  That's all.

Pete Carroll is an everything guy at this point. He's been around this game long enough in both the NFL and College to have had his hands in all of it. He got the absolute most out of Wilson, who looked like a bum this year away from Seattle. Now he is getting the most out of Geno in his time as the starting QB. The same Geno who had accomplished 0 to this point. 

Edited by H2o

On 3/6/2023 at 9:17 PM, Mr. WEO said:

no matter what--it's going to be more than 32 million.  I doubt any contract would include 20 million dollars in incentives in a single year....

https://www.fieldgulls.com/platform/amp/2023/3/7/23629141/seattle-seahawks-details-geno-smith-incentive-contract-extension-2023-deal-free-agency-quarterback

Really a 3 year, $75M contract with $30M in incentives. $40M in guarantees. That seems a lot more like it. See?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.