Diggs unfollows Buffalo, follows Cowgirls 🤷‍♂️

DaggersEOD

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Weird that the guy who acted like a diva in Minnesota is doing the same thing ever. I love Diggs and it’s stupid to overreact but let’s call it like it is, he’s annoying and kinda of a baby. He acts like he is the only one who cares about winning and just needs constant attention. I really want us to invest in the receiver position big time this off-season and move him next offseason. 

I played receiver through college so I can said it. Wrs kinda suck. 

Did you play at UB? If you did you might have punched me in the face. 

My freshman year we came home from the bars at like 5am and outside of the dorms were a couple of guys asking if we wanted to play football. We were a pretty big athletic bunch, so were like “sure”. Then one little guy starts mouthing off that they played for UB and would kick our ass. I laugh because UB was like 1-11 the year before. They silently follow us to our down. Go get a bunch of other guys from the team, break in, and it turns into a total brawl. 

What a drunk mess. 18 year old drunk me didn’t realize that anybody asking to play football at 5am wasn’t actually asking to play football, and that maybe I should keep my smart ass shut. 

If it was you, I forgive you. But I am a little salty that you got away without even a slap on the wrist and we got community service. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Weird that the guy who acted like a diva in Minnesota is doing the same thing here. I love Diggs and it’s stupid to overreact but let’s call it like it is, he’s annoying and kinda of a baby. He acts like he is the only one who cares about winning and just needs constant attention. I really want us to invest in the receiver position big time this off-season and move him next offseason. 

Yeah. This is nothing new. He did the same thing in Minnesota. 

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Weird that the guy who acted like a diva in Minnesota is doing the same thing here. I love Diggs and it’s stupid to overreact but let’s call it like it is, he’s annoying and kinda of a baby. He acts like he is the only one who cares about winning and just needs constant attention. I really want us to invest in the receiver position big time this off-season and move him next offseason. 

What does he mean when he brings up 'business'  We don't know. Often times when players hold out, when players put pressure on a team to get a different contract, when players leave the team they were with for another team, their respons is something like "its just business' or "its a business decision."

Again, is that what Diggs is doing here or what is the reason behind his tweets? We don't know yet.  But there is another side to that story. From a fan's point of view and from a teams point of view, 'just business' is not overplaying a player in a salary cap league.  It's moving on from a player/contract when, or slightly before, the ratio of what you are getting is less than what you are paying out.  As a fan only, liking a 'team' or a 'jersey' or the 'name of the front of the jersey vs the name on the back of a jersey' can also be a 'business decision' that we invest, not in dollars but in our time and in choosing how we interact with the team versus how we interact with the player (cheering for them on the field or discussing them off the field).

If a fan wants to support Diggs and wants him on the Bills long term and buys his jersey, fine, that is part of being a fan. But the other side of it can be said that he knows putting stuff out there like that will get a reaction from the fanbase, and for those who say 'who cares' or "16 pages of this" and think people shouldnn't be talking about it...well, talking about stuff like this is what message boards are for.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Incorrect. The kerfuffle was over him unfollowing the Buffalo Bills on Instagram, removing his Bills pictures from there, and following the Dallas Cowboys. The article itself you linked does not say he still follows them on Insta. 

That said - this is all much ado about nothing.

He removed the pictures about the Bills last year, not this year.  He made his IG more personal and about his fashion posts last year when he was working on a new contract extension.  He only puts Bills stuff in season in his stories which expire in 24 hours on IG.  

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He comes off as very immature.  Like a little brother who never grows up.  It can be cute and endearing when times are good, but lends itself to petulance when things get tough.  I don't believe he's going anywhere, but I worry that he could quickly turn on Josh if the team (or Josh) struggle next season for an extended period of time.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mango said:

Diggs is a weird dude. I can support that. Good for him. 

But when it starts to make him a wonky teammate or cause a ruckus among the fans is where I have started drawing the line. You can't repeatedly undress your QB, HC, and/or OC on the sidelines. You can't bail on your team after a tough loss because you are such a "competitor", and you can't feed into the rumor mill about the security of the franchise that you play for. 

Part of my frustration and credence to some of the smoke is that these rumors aren't secret. A lot of people are talking about not just on Bills forums. Diggs has the opportunity to put all of this to bed and refuses. Wildly frustrating. 

Don't forget he is a captain that doesn't show up to OTA.   The guy private jets to fashion shows across the globe, but can't get in a plane a couple days in April and May to be a good teammate.

Not to mention all the times this year he just flat out quit during the game.  The guy would catch one ball, or run one route, and just go off the field.  The team couldn't use him to block anymore, which severely limited on what the team could do.  That's why Gabe played so much.

26 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Don't forget he is a captain that doesn't show up to OTA.   The guy private jets to fashion shows across the globe, but can't get in a plane a couple days in April and May to be a good teammate.

Not to mention all the times this year he just flat out quit during the game.  The guy would catch one ball, or run one route, and just go off the field.  The team couldn't use him to block anymore, which severely limited on what the team could do.  That's why Gabe played so much.

Honestly…is any of this accurate?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mango said:

Diggs is a weird dude. I can support that. Good for him. 

But when it starts to make him a wonky teammate or cause a ruckus among the fans is where I have started drawing the line. You can't repeatedly undress your QB, HC, and/or OC on the sidelines. You can't bail on your team after a tough loss because you are such a "competitor", and you can't feed into the rumor mill about the security of the franchise that you play for. 

Part of my frustration and credence to some of the smoke is that these rumors aren't secret. A lot of people are talking about not just on Bills forums. Diggs has the opportunity to put all of this to bed and refuses. Wildly frustrating. 

He seems to be a s**t stirrer and an attention seeker…

Dont really get the Twitter posts … thought he would have a bit more going on in his life like spending some of his money, rather than be trying to troll people he doesn’t know…

49 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

He comes off as very immature.  Like a little brother who never grows up.

Tell me you know nothing about older brother and patriarch Stefon Diggs without telling me you know nothing about Stefon Diggs.

Dude passed up scholarships to schools like Ohio State so he could stay home in Maryland and help his family after his dad died. Playing at Maryland instead of OSU is a major factor on why he slipped to 5th round instead of likely a 1st round pick as an OSU WR, sacrificing millions of dollars up front. But he stayed and made sure his mom was ok, and his little brother stayed straight so he too could go on to college and a pro career.

He has been described repeatedly as the "older brother" of the team. Josh is the leader and face of the franchise, and Diggs is the older brother who comes around and slaps you in the head when you arent pulling your weight.

Bills fans absolutely suck right now.

53 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Lies and slander by a bored, toxic, entitled fan base.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The sideline yelling at Allen during the Cincy game was the 1st time I related to all of the "warnings" from Vikings fans.

I love Diggs, and he changed the culture here as much as anyone.  But he needs to be more professional in those situations.  Allen wasn't having any of it.  And he should be going to the coaches or GM - the plays that he was open, Allen already had a guy in his face and in no way could have found him or passed accurately to him.  

We need to build the O-line.  I actually hope Diggs is the last "big" investment we make in a skill player, in terms of FA or dollars (I'll always be fine using the draft for those positions).  

44 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

He seems to be a s**t stirrer and an attention seeker…

Dont really get the Twitter posts … thought he would have a bit more going on in his life like spending some of his money, rather than be trying to troll people he doesn’t know…

He is definitely trolling here. I am pretty sure he is just talking about Edmunds/Poyer. But I am also confident he purposefully put that tweet out that way to stir everything up as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Success said:

The sideline yelling at Allen during the Cincy game was the 1st time I related to all of the "warnings" from Vikings fans.

I love Diggs, and he changed the culture here as much as anyone.  But he needs to be more professional in those situations.  Allen wasn't having any of it.  And he should be going to the coaches or GM - the plays that he was open, Allen already had a guy in his face and in no way could have found him or passed accurately to him.  

We need to build the O-line.  I actually hope Diggs is the last "big" investment we make in a skill player, in terms of FA or dollars (I'll always be fine using the draft for those positions).  

He was starting to blow up in the lions game and McDermott had to talk to them. I’m sure there have been other times as well. Obviously, I want him on the team but let’s not pretend like it might get annoying. Wrs are the most annoying position on the team. When do o linemen ever have temper tantrums?

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.