Vikings cut Kendricks

Virgil

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

I really do think the Bills are going to fill a lot of these cap holes with vets cut like this?  Guys you can get cheaper than sub 30's, sign them for 1-3 years while you draft replacements or create other cap space.  I would be fine getting him for around 7-10 mil while Edmunds gets 15+ from someone else

Hes not 17, like Edmunds though

Edited by Dablitzkrieg
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Off-ball LB’s becoming like the RB position in terms of how NFL teams value them.  

Which is why when I hear people talking about paying Edmunds $20M/yr., I politely seek to dig a hole and bury myself inside of it. 

he looked slow and lost in the one game i saw him, but i figure they are going to give dodson some competition but give him a real chance to win the job.

i wonder if a UDFA or some rando off the street FA would be able to provide that comp.

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

Bridge guy?....

If the Bills draft Trenton Simpson and don't start him, I would quite literally lose my mind. 

That's 2006-2012 Bills in the Ralph era. 

Letting a starter go, then replace that starter immediately in the draft. 

I couldn't believe that Beane/McDermott would replace Poyer/Edmunds immediately with a R1 pick.

3 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

I am fine with the Buffalo Bills signing Eric Kendricks but for no more than 2 years because he is 31 years old in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

It's not even your opinion. He is, in fact, 31 years old.

• Haha (+1) 3

I like the idea of adding Hendricks or a similar FA instead of trying to resign Edmunds and overpaying. I think we can get similar production for way less money. 

People seem to be wising up to Edmunds' up-and-down play over his tenure and his history of giving up big plays. Even Gregg Rosenthal at NFL.com is talking about Edmunds being overvalued in FA: 

"Edmunds made a big jump in his coverage ability in 2022. Considering all the big plays he gave up in his first four seasons, though, it's fair to expect some regression. He also was in an ideal system surrounded by great players in Buffalo, and recreating that in a new setting will be difficult. It feels like paying him now would be like buying his stock at an all-time high."  

Edited by MPL
  • Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.