Buffalo voted best city for singles with Cleveland second

Ethan in Cleveland

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11821055/Americas-best-city-singles-revealed-residents-say-dont-effort.html

It's the offseason and we are still two weeks from free agency.  I'm tired of discussing McD, Edmunds, and the O-line.

Thought this would be a nice distraction.

I'm happily married for 20 years.  I'm much more likely to be in a high end restaurant or the theatre than a bar.  

What say you single guys and ladies?  Is Buffalo a happening spot for singles?

• Haha (+1) 1

Damn!  I’m divorced now and I would LOVE to date a woman who is also a Bills fan.  Like my dream come true. 
But I will never move away from my kids so it ain’t gonna happen.  
Anyway, I live in the South and the ladies are so sweet around here.  One can dream though…

I was single in Buffalo in my early 30s and again in my mid 30s. Circa 2012-2016. It was pretty decent. 

Was single in Dallas in my late 20s and that was definitely fine.

Was single in SW Florida in my early 20s and that was just ridiculous.

I don't respect a region where a guy like me can have so much romantic success. Have some dignity, Florida.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

IDK, I was single early in life in Buffalo, and eh.

Living in Tampa in my 20’s was like shooting fish in a barrel.  It was and still is easy.  I’ve been divorced for a few years and it’s still relatively easy.  People down here by nature stay (at least some) more fit and exercise a lot.  You’re in shorts most of the year so there are gyms everywhere.

Only because it’s the business season of the NFL, I don’t mind the distraction.  You can only talk about position groups FA, and the Draft so much.

Everything that needs to be said already has been by all of us.

5 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

I was single in Buffalo in my early 30s and again in my mid 30s. Circa 2012-2016. It was pretty decent. 

Was single in Dallas in my late 20s and that was definitely fine.

Was single in SW Florida in my early 20s and that was just ridiculous.

I don't respect a region where a guy like me can have so much romantic success. Have some dignity, Florida.

Whorehouses don’t count.

• Haha (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11821055/Americas-best-city-singles-revealed-residents-say-dont-effort.html

It's the offseason and we are still two weeks from free agency.  I'm tired of discussing McD, Edmunds, and the O-line.

I'm happily married for 20 years.  I'm much more likely to be in a high end restaurant or the theatre than a bar.  

When I lived there, absolutely. 

10 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Well that's a joke.

Was it meant to be a joke?

7 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

You mean this isn't football related?? 

it does not meet the requirement that all threads  must mention:

13 seconds - with automatic wins against Bengals and Rams

Frazier must go...hourly

McDermotts time is up, and we are wasting Josh prime years, with no mention of qualified replacement

Dorsey is not qualified to be OC but we dont know who really is other than Rams O assistants..bonus... must never mention that he is star qb choice

Beane drafting and free agent DL sucks

I hate Diggs because...

OL needs improvement, we need to sign free agents we cannot afford, and we should move all tackles to guard.

Many Millions Mock drafts...cuz I saw this guy play 1-2 college games plus he looked good against this guy from Bowling Green in the senior bowl so we should trade up for him...

Must not pay Tremaine...and fail to mention replacement is also expensive but smaller, slower, older

Where is Yolo lately

Benford for safety or at least run against Biden

Edited by First Round Bust
cuz
  • Haha (+1) 1

Even before I read the article, I figured that Buffalo's housing costs and short commute times would be major factors in Buffalo's ranking.   I wasn't wrong.   It's easier for singles, whether they are 20 something or 40 something, to live more comfortably in Buffalo than in many other metros.  If you look at the list of the least singles-friendly metros, you'll find that they are mostly metros with significantly higher housing costs than even average. 

From the article ...

"Median single-person income, monthly housing costs for mortgaged homes, rent prices, how many residents live alone, and a city's unmarried population were all used to compile the list. 

The average round-trip work commute and non-family households that are owner occupied were also used to create the ranks."

I enjoyed growing up in WNY. There were a lot of indoor activities that ate up countless hours of free time. That was not limited to bars, bowling alleys and skating. There were……”other activities” to keep things interesting for teenage kids. Not at all a bad place for a kid to grow up, IMO. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.