Questions for anyone who's done a London game or used Fans of Buffalo

Virgil

Well, I guess I'm a spur-of-the-moment kind of guy.   Never heard of Fans of Buffalo an hour ago, and I just now paid my deposit for the London trip. 

We're not sure we're going to go (you have three weeks to cancel with Fans of Buffalo after they announce the actual package, and the entire deposit is refunded).  Depends on several things, but mostly the date of the game and if we want to be in the UK at the time of year.  

We started talking about going a few weeks ago.  We don't have a lot of interest in seeing London - been there, and never found it to be our cup of tea.  If we go, we'll fly into London for the game, then travel to Scotland and Ireland for a couple of weeks.  Fans of Buffalo looks like a really simple way for us to plan the front end of the trip - just let them do it.  

At away games, we've never stayed at a hotel where a lot of Bills fans are staying, so FOB's trip offers us four nights of that.  Coverage charge at multiple Bills Backers events is a nice plus.  And transfer to the game.    That's all stuff that makes their package attractive.  

Although we've never gone with FOB before, we have taken one trip - an eclipse viewing trip - organized by people who are eclipse nerds and organize trips for every eclipse.  FOB seems the same.   They're not a big institution, but they have a history of having done this kind of thing successfully.  (Think about it: if they had planned a Bills trip that turned out to be the trip from Hell, we all would have read about it right here.)   They're professional enough to have a quality website and payment page - all of that worked flawlessly for me.  

Anyway, I'm one step closer to actually going to the game. 

As for the notion that it's a waste of time to go to London for a Bills game instead of spending that money just on travel, because the Bills experience on this continent is good enough.  Well, I don't see it that way.   I'm finding that one thing that I like about having had a lifetime as a Bills fan is having a collection of games I've gone to.  It's sort of like having a collection of coins or figurines or autographed baseball cards, but this collection is just in my head.  It's a collection of memories.  I don't have a "complete" collection, in the sense that I've gone to every "collectible" game (like, I was there for wide right but for none of the next three Super Bowls), but it's my collection and I like it.   I view this as an opportunity to add a unique game to my collection.  It may or may not be a memorable game, but it's likely to be a memorable experience.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Do your own thing. In 2015, we bought our tickets on Ticketmaster. We stayed at the InterContinental Park Lane and met a ton of NFL executives and Buffalo Bills families - no, the team did not stay there.

Ton of fun - Bills fans EVERYWHERE from the second we landed at Heathrow - highly recommend it.

Will be going to the game in Tottenham this fall - can't wait.

A Bills game was always going to be my excuse to get to London. Unfortunately (that sounds wrong!), it’s a travel packed year for us with two trips (Hilton Head Island and Sarasota, FL) already in the books and two weeks planned for Paris and southern Italy in May. Add a week in New England in July, plus a trip to Blowing Rock, NC in August and I thought I was pretty much done for the year.

THEN, a buddy sends me the Bills outline of a schedule and points out the obvious - that I really should be there. I point out that we had enough into our travel budget already to have bought a nice new car, so I’ll probably pass. He is recently retired from a job of frequent corporate travel for the last 24 years and he has gazillions of miles on Delta and he’ll get me the plane ticket for a mere 125,000 sky miles he doesn’t need. He’s already sent me a screen shot for a comfort + seat. Hmmmm. I’d hate to disappoint him! 

I’ll wait and see what the date is, but it’s hard to say no to an offer like that. A bit awkward, but I need to seriously consider this. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Virgil said:

The family is looking to head to the Bills game this upcoming fall, but have never done anything like this.  I see a site called "Fans of Buffalo" that is promoting a full package with a $250.

My questions are:

1 - Has anyone used the Fans of Buffalo to book an away game?  I'm nervous to give out money to a site that I've never heard of

2 - Did the Buffalo Bills offer any kind of fan package for the last game?

3 - For anyone who went last time, any lessons learned you can share?

Thank you and hopefully will see some of you in England

$250 includes airfare, lodging and tickets?

5 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Well, I guess I'm a spur-of-the-moment kind of guy.   Never heard of Fans of Buffalo an hour ago, and I just now paid my deposit for the London trip. 

We're not sure we're going to go (you have three weeks to cancel with Fans of Buffalo after they announce the actual package, and the entire deposit is refunded).  Depends on several things, but mostly the date of the game and if we want to be in the UK at the time of year.  

We started talking about going a few weeks ago.  We don't have a lot of interest in seeing London - been there, and never found it to be our cup of tea.  If we go, we'll fly into London for the game, then travel to Scotland and Ireland for a couple of weeks.  Fans of Buffalo looks like a really simple way for us to plan the front end of the trip - just let them do it.  

At away games, we've never stayed at a hotel where a lot of Bills fans are staying, so FOB's trip offers us four nights of that.  Coverage charge at multiple Bills Backers events is a nice plus.  And transfer to the game.    That's all stuff that makes their package attractive.  

Although we've never gone with FOB before, we have taken one trip - an eclipse viewing trip - organized by people who are eclipse nerds and organize trips for every eclipse.  FOB seems the same.   They're not a big institution, but they have a history of having done this kind of thing successfully.  (Think about it: if they had planned a Bills trip that turned out to be the trip from Hell, we all would have read about it right here.)   They're professional enough to have a quality website and payment page - all of that worked flawlessly for me.  

Anyway, I'm one step closer to actually going to the game. 

As for the notion that it's a waste of time to go to London for a Bills game instead of spending that money just on travel, because the Bills experience on this continent is good enough.  Well, I don't see it that way.   I'm finding that one thing that I like about having had a lifetime as a Bills fan is having a collection of games I've gone to.  It's sort of like having a collection of coins or figurines or autographed baseball cards, but this collection is just in my head.  It's a collection of memories.  I don't have a "complete" collection, in the sense that I've gone to every "collectible" game (like, I was there for wide right but for none of the next three Super Bowls), but it's my collection and I like it.   I view this as an opportunity to add a unique game to my collection.  It may or may not be a memorable game, but it's likely to be a memorable experience.  

Experiences and memories > things. 

Wise choice, I hope to see you there. 

18 hours ago, sullim4 said:

Book on your own directly with the airline and hotel.  You can get exactly what you want, and you will not have to go through a third party to make any changes to your reservation.

I was sort of hoping to be able to double dip if the schedule aligns and there is a home game the week before the London game.  Fly from Seattle to Buffalo, see the game on Sunday, and then fly from Toronto to somewhere in Europe... then on to London for the game on Sunday, and back home.

London is great if you've never been, but we've already been there and want to explore something else.  Maybe Spain or Portugal.

I learned the bolded lesson the hard way right before Covid. It was a work trip to Denver followed by a side trip to Vail. Book with a 3rd party and you deal with people “elsewhere” with limited english skills or training. Call the hotel and they can’t help you about any change policies, whoever bought those nights at the hotel make the rules regarding any changes. Virtually impossible to manage. I ALWAYS try to go directly thru the hotel now. 

Last trip before Covid was a Windstar cruise from Barcelona to Lisbon. I loved Barcelona! I’m with you, I want to see NEW places more than become infinitely familiar with any one place. Hit the highlights, then decide what you want to see more of later. 

Hope you make it, and sleep thru a LONG flight back home. 

I had friends use Fans Of Buffalo for Detroit last year and they were so impressed and had such a great time they are using them for London.

They have a tailgate on gameday, they provide transportation to and from the airport AND to and from the game! They also have events in the days leading up to the game. Pretty damn sweet I say.

Edited by beerme1
Accuracy

as of today the train service in London at weekends is very poor, some maintenance work is carried on most lines , when you get to the stadium, get ready for the wow factor.. best stadium in the Uk . the new bills stadium is based on Tottenham stadium.

i live in Uk and approx 1 hr train journey from ground....

enjoy your visit, i am awaiting fixture date  as already on waiting list for ticket with Ticketmaster.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.