Report: Dolphins exploring “moving on” from Tua

Big Blitz

12 minutes ago, Success said:

The division looks a LOT easier if Tua is on another team, the Jets are still trying to figure out their situation, and Mac Jones is still floating passes for the Pats.

Generally speaking, I agree.

However, it will depend on who Miami gets to replace Tua. For example, Aaron Rodgers with those WRs seemingly would be scary. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

22 minutes ago, Success said:

The division looks a LOT easier if Tua is on another team, the Jets are still trying to figure out their situation, and Mac Jones is still floating passes for the Pats.

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Generally speaking, I agree.

However, it will depend on who Miami gets to replace Tua. For example, Aaron Rodgers with those WRs seemingly would be scary. 

Aaron Rodgers with the Jets would scare me more.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 3

8 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Aaron Rodgers with the Jets would scare me more.

That would for sure be concerning.  But that would still be a short-term thing.  And he isn't as good as he was.  But he'd still make that team very tough for a year or 2.

• Like (+1) 1

First they ruin his career by letting him (maybe encouraging him) to play through concussions, then they cut him off once he is damaged goods.

The Dolphins are a ruthless organization. They clearly do not have the best interest of their players in mind.

• Agree 7

3 minutes ago, Success said:

That would for sure be concerning.  But that would still be a short-term thing.  And he isn't as good as he was.  But he'd still make that team very tough for a year or 2.

I expect the Jets to improve at QB one way or the other this off season and they scare me more short and long term than the Dolphins. But that's OK, as long as we have a healthy Josh I'll feel good about our chances.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

3 concussions in 3 months is devastating, but it doesn't make much sense for them to make a move this season. 

Dolphins don't have much in the way of draft capital (lost their 1st due to tampering LOL) and not a lot of cap space. I'd expect them to ride it out this year and evaluate Tua. If he can't stay healthy this year they 100% need to move on. 

Maybe they could do a Tua + for Lamar trade. That's about the only path I see for no Tua in Miami next year. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, wppete said:

Miami going after Lamar if they get rid of Tua? 

Makes sense.  I hope not . Only thing is the Fins don't have a 1st rder this year. That'd be scary , especially if Rodgers goes to the Jets. Sports talk here in NYC , they're talking SB with Rodgers lol. 

To be fair both teams are very talented, especially that Jets D , minus QB , well Tua seems legit but I don't think he can stay healthy and another concussion next year would be brutal for him

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.