Daniel Jones wants more than $45M per year on new deal

billsbackto81

Just now, FFadpecr said:

Top 10 QB who is ascending and best years are ahead of him.

Come back to planet earth with the rest of us and let's be real...Daboll hid Jones as best as he could during the season.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

When you laugh at my posts, you're essentially laughing at Brian Daboll's football knowledge, because he signed off on this deal.

I guess you think you know more about NFL QB play than Brian Daboll.

When you laugh at my posts, you're essentially laughing at Brian Daboll's football knowledge, because he signed off on this deal.

Yes, because having an average QB is better than having no QB. Both for your record and your job security. But let's be real.  There are at least 12-13 QBs in the NFL Daboll would rather have.  Once Jones is asked to do more you'll see why.

Edited by Big Turk

1 minute ago, FFadpecr said:

the problem is, you're only looking at the stat sheet and not watching the games. Daniel Jones was extremely CLUTCH for the Giants. if you followed the team, you'd know. When has Tyrod ever been clutch?

He was clutch-enough in 2017, which was also a playoff season for the Bills.  But now the expectations will be higher with that contract and we'll see if Barkley can continue where he left off and help Jones out immensely.

43 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

Brian Daboll, who signed off on this Daniel Jones deal, disagrees with you.

Daboll knows more about Daniel Jones and NFL QB play than you do.

1) You're just going to purposely leave out Daniel's 708 rushing yards + 7 rushing TDs? It was a huge part of their Run/Pass-balanced offense.

2) You do realize that Brian Daboll signed off on this Daniel Jones deal, right? Daboll knows more about NFL QB play and Daniel than you do.

Oh god, this crap again. Daboll is a great coach but I guess no one in the nfl has ever made a mistake at player evaluation (also I know a ton of football and was probably a better college player than Daboll!!! 😮💨).  This argument is so dumb. Nfl coaches/ executives screw up all the time. I guess it wasn’t a mistake that Belichick hired a former DC/ STs coach to be his OC this year. I guess it’s wasn’t a mistake to give Matt Flynn a bunch of money because Pete Carroll knows more about football than me. You know this sounds really dumb right?

and couldn’t give 2 craps of dorky, dollar general Allen. But it hilarious that teams are hesitating to pay former MVP like Lamar and giving this much to a guy like Jones, who has 15 tds and 700 rushing yards (which would be like the worst season of Lamar’s career)!

1 minute ago, FFadpecr said:

You mean the same Lamar who has 1 playoff win in 5 seasons? Which was a 20-13 defense-driven victory.

Daniel has 1 playoff win in 4 seasons. A QB-driven victory carried by Jones.

Daniel Jones literally has a higher playoff-win-per-season ratio than Lamar.

Dear lord this is dumb. Congrats you love Jones and are his number 1 fan.  I salute you and your many super bowls to come. I’m sure he won’t disappoint you and the New Jersey fans/ media won’t turn him quickly with this contract. Best of luck!

33 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

How's Carson Strong working out for the Seahawks?

41 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

Just because Daboll went along with what is essentially a 2 YEAR deal does not mean he thinks Jones is a top QB. It just means he thinks Jones is the best they can do for another couple seasons.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bob Jones said:

What blows my mind is that ANY athlete or entertainer makes more than $3 million per "year" (no athlete even works all year like us regular peasants). How we evolved to this point in our society is truly sad.

I am sure you understand, as it all comes down to revunue generated.

There is a reason why lacrosse players make 20k a year compared to NFL and NBA guys who make tens of millions.

Football is a business which attracts a lot of money, and the players get a certain percentage of that revenue.

7 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

That's what you think. And it's a false assumption. You're just wrong.

OK know it all...you've got all the answers...or...oops...I'm sorry, your cousin Brian Daboll does.

Bears S Brisker doesn't seem too impressed with Jones.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bears-safety-jaquan-brisker-daniel-153448574.html

54 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

No, you are.

Jones will sign an even bigger extension before this current deal ends. He's the Giants QB for the next ~10 years.

We will revisit this thread in a few years. Trust me.

LMAO!  Or after next year when he actually is trash.

Stick to playing Madden...maybe your fantasies will come true there.

Edited by Big Turk

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

I am sure you understand, as it all comes down to revunue generated.

Not really. I think it comes down to owners being dumb, and having so much money that it just doesn’t matter. Plenty of pro athletes are just "average", and don't draw in loads of fans (like JA17 does), yet they still make many millions per year. I'm sure you've seen time and time again where some athlete is given a huge contract, then he turns out to be a dud. How does that happen? Owners are dumb...yes, they may have made big money in the business world, but that doesn’t mean they're smart. Baseball is the absolute worst as far as overpaying average (or worse) players. It truly blows my mind. LOL

31 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Not really. I think it comes down to owners being dumb, and having so much money that it just doesn’t matter. Plenty of pro athletes are just "average", and don't draw in loads of fans (like JA17 does), yet they still make many millions per year. I'm sure you've seen time and time again where some athlete is given a huge contract, then he turns out to be a dud. How does that happen? Owners are dumb...yes, they may have made big money in the business world, but that doesn’t mean they're smart. Baseball is the absolute worst as far as overpaying average (or worse) players. It truly blows my mind. LOL

The NFL is a wildly profitable venture.  I can be an NFL owner and spend to the cap and make a load of money...

Should the owner get to hoard all the revenue/profit?  Or should a fair percentage of it go to the players who are getting their heads bashed in and joints ground to dust?  

Baseball is a different enigma as it is an un-capped league with little guard rails for someone like a Cohen or George Steinbrenner madly spending to amass all stars.  NFL, NHL, and NBA have spending tied to overall revenue and the players are due a % of that (actually not sure what NBA system entails). 

Edited by May Day 10

4 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

It's more complicated than that.

You don't have to be dumb to make mistakes at acquiring football personnel. Absolutely everyone does it, as it's inherently extremely difficult to predict future behavior in extremely complicated systems. Best that can be done is to improve the percentage of good decisions.

Jones is still really early in his career. People who think they know how he'll do - either way - are kidding themselves, they're guessing.

I'd have paid him, myself. Without full faith that he'd be a great player. But with the feeling that it was the best decision at the time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.