Bills re-sign Ike Boettger

KingBoots8

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Good move. Ike is that guy who you are never quite satisfied with as a starter but who is a very solid backup who isn't gonna be a turnstile. Still need an upgrade at the starting spot.... but a healthy Ike is better than 2022 shell of Roger Saffold.

I've always liked Ike. He is a good backup. Can start a game or two for you in a pinch. Can fill in at Center too if needed.

I hope they move Bates back to LG. He even said himself that he is more comfortable on the left side. Obviously, that makes RG a big priority.

What's your view of Spencer Brown? I'm hoping they bring in a vet to compete for that spot and draft someone as well. But Brown could be dominant if he develops. Wouldn't want to give up on him yet.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, MJS said:

I've always liked Ike. He is a good backup. Can start a game or two for you in a pinch. Can fill in at Center too if needed.

I hope they move Bates back to LG. He even said himself that he is more comfortable on the left side. Obviously, that makes RG a big priority.

What's your view of Spencer Brown? I'm hoping they bring in a vet to compete for that spot and draft someone as well. But Brown could be dominant if he develops. Wouldn't want to give up on him yet.

So I like Ike. I am not willing to give up on Spencer unless I get a can't pass it up opportunity. I am less excited by Bates. I think he should be in a competition for a job. Their priority should be getting the best FA guard available and work it out from there.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

When I opened your link, it was from last year. Here's today's link: https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-re-sign-g-ike-boettger-to-one-year-deal

34 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Did everyone miss the fact this the article referenced in the original post was from 2022? 

@Albany,n.y. did not

Edited by SinceThe70s
  • Agree 1

We might not be THAT far from a solid O-line.  Ike is good, versatile depth.  Bates can be that - or even a good starter.  We don't need a left tackle - Dawkins is very good, and will start regardless.

A lot of our line woes can improve significantly  if Brown starts achieving the potential that everyone sees consistently, and we draft a guard in the 1st or 2nd (who pans out).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

That link was for an article dated 3/28/22

Just warming us up for the batch of 1-year signees on the OL.  

Don't want to give anyone a heart attack with the news of an OL pick in Round 1 or a 4-year signing of a top OT or anything.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Good move. Ike is that guy who you are never quite satisfied with as a starter but who is a very solid backup who isn't gonna be a turnstile. Still need an upgrade at the starting spot.... but a healthy Ike is better than 2022 shell of Roger Saffold.

Gunner who’s the projected guard in the draft that’s just monstrous in size and strength that might fall to us? Don’t mean to put you on the spot but you’re my go-to expert all things draft.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

So I like Ike. I am not willing to give up on Spencer unless I get a can't pass it up opportunity. I am less excited by Bates. I think he should be in a competition for a job. Their priority should be getting the best FA guard available and work it out from there.

I think Bates is fine if he is your worst starter on the line and there are better starters all around him. It's very difficult to have strong starters at every spot.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.