Von Miller the GM?

dancing_joker

15 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Oh.  Since Elway has more super bowl wins as GM than all Bill's GM's combined, I thought he had an ok career.  Partly because I keep reading that Bills fans are putting undreasonable expectations on Beane to win. (Also, the Bronco's post Elway don't look so great). 

I’m not saying it was all bad, but the string of misses at QB definitely contributed to his loss of power.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/3/2023 at 9:02 AM, dancing_joker said:

Anyone else find it extremely odd that Von Miller went to the combine to learn how to evaluate players to become a GM? The guy has 2 more guaranteed years in his contract…and he’s already focusing on his post-football career? The bills are probably not thrilled either, considering the article makes no mention of him being with and working with the team’s front office staff. 

Miller’s reason for attending? “So I’m here to meet with guys, for the guys to give me instructions on what to do with my right foot next and what to do with my left foot next. And make the first steps to making this happen.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/02/with-goal-of-someday-becoming-a-g-m-von-miller-visits-scouting-combine/

Takes 1 to know 1. Von wants to hang and be helpful? Let the dude hang and be helpful.

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

More insight into Miller's time at the combine.  For those questioning the motives it was originally suggested by Beane he come to the combine.  Article also touches on him doing this and issues with tampering, though think it would more be a case of anyone from other teams talking to Miller would be the teams in trouble, not the Bills.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/von-miller-brandon-beane-general-manager/article_48c931bc-c4dd-11ed-a6fe-83ca5e31b5f5.html?utm_source=buffalonews.com&utm_campaign=%2Fnewsletter-templates%2Flocal%2Fbills&utm_medium=PostUp&lctg=4092700&tn_email_eh1=f2f6da65fd0a372cbbfa3da63dae5ef3bd72e8f6

It really doesn't surprise me ! Those like Von that are extremely talented people in their profession usually have no problem in seeking out other avenues to continue to keep their minds & bodies engaged in activities even after they have moved on from there original occupation .

Then there are those which i seem to surround myself with that would rather sit & stare at a phone screen all day mesmerized and their heart rates never get over idle & it shows .

I'm pretty close to buying a beeper for one so when they back up every one will know to watch out ...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.