Von Miller the GM?

dancing_joker

7 hours ago, dancing_joker said:

Anyone else find it extremely odd that Von Miller went to the combine to learn how to evaluate players to become a GM? The guy has 2 more guaranteed years in his contract…and he’s already focusing on his post-football career? The bills are probably not thrilled either, considering the article makes no mention of him being with and working with the team’s front office staff. 

Miller’s reason for attending? “So I’m here to meet with guys, for the guys to give me instructions on what to do with my right foot next and what to do with my left foot next. And make the first steps to making this happen.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/02/with-goal-of-someday-becoming-a-g-m-von-miller-visits-scouting-combine/

38 minutes ago, MJS said:

Well look at that, the dancing joke was wrong.

On 3/3/2023 at 4:20 PM, Chaos said:

I feel as though Von is wasting his time at the combine. If he wants to learn about being a GM, he should be spending his spare time on the Two Bilsl Drive 
Website. 

Or he could watch the movie Draft Day. 

This could be good. Von plays as hard and well as he can, anchors a Super Bowl championship defense, and then retires early, saving the Bills cap space in return for an apprenticeship in the GM’s office. Miller is smart and would be a good GM. Kellen Winslow type. 

Edited by seattlebillsfan

Shadowing Beane at the combine is a good start, but Miller needs a few more mentors:

Like Dave Gettleman, haranguing players over how many snacks they're taking.  If you watch those pennies, the dollars saved will add up.

Like Bill O'Brien, why settle for just one role.  Roll over the HC, and seize the power.  POWER.  POWER!

Like Buddy Nix, learn the skills to power napping, and being 'punk'd' by two bit radio personalities.

Like Jerry Jones: "I'm not only the GM...I'm the owner!"

• Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/3/2023 at 7:04 AM, Beast said:

No, not at all. You keep your veteran stars happy. If this makes Von happy, good. Let him sit in the war room come April as well.

Keep him happy? He’ll miss most of the upcoming season. Perhaps he returns in November but at what effectiveness? Then they’ll have him for his age-35 season after which he’ll be released. He’s not a priority. The signing was a bust.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Airseven said:

Keep him happy? He’ll miss most of the upcoming season. Perhaps he returns in November but at what effectiveness? Then they’ll have him for his age-35 season after which he’ll be released. He’s not a priority. The signing was a bust.

Yeah, keep him happy. The signing was a bust? LOL I guess signing Tre White to that extension was also a bust since he tore his ACL as well?

Even if he never plays another snap for the Bills, how they treat him certainly does matter. Especially with other players around the league that may consider Buffalo a destination.

Of course, you are too ignorant to see any of that.

Edited by Beast

41 minutes ago, Beast said:

Yeah, keep him happy. The signing was a bust? LOL I guess signing Tre White to that extension was also a bust since he tore his ACL as well?

Even if he never plays another snap for the Bills, how they treat him certainly does matter. Especially with other players around the league that may consider Buffalo a destination.

Of course, you are too ignorant to see any of that.

20 million a year at age 33/34 is what keeps him happy.  He played on his 3rd team in 2 seasons in 2022.  He's hardly concerned with organizational loyalty.....

Players will go where it best suits them financially.  The Bills don't need to sweat Miller's happiness---he's doing pretty well there.  If "he never plays another snap" for them, he will have gotten 51 million for the cup of coffee he had in Buffalo.

• Disagree 1

It doesn't bug me in the least that Von goes to the combine and plays GM in training.

What I don't want is him pretending he is the Bills Junior GM or trying to influence any decisions at OBD.

He can speak his piece in private to McDermott and Beane but I didn't care for the whole OBJ thing done in public.

That's just my opinion.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Chaos said:

What is the Irony?

probably the fact that Elway ended up pretty maligned and ended up giving up (or being stripped of) his personnel authority after his continuing failures to solve for QB post-Manning.

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

probably the fact that Elway ended up pretty maligned and ended up giving up (or being stripped of) his personnel authority after his continuing failures to solve for QB post-Manning.

Oh.  Since Elway has more super bowl wins as GM than all Bill's GM's combined, I thought he had an ok career.  Partly because I keep reading that Bills fans are putting undreasonable expectations on Beane to win. (Also, the Bronco's post Elway don't look so great). 

29 minutes ago, Chaos said:

What is the Irony?

Elway is a moron as a team builder.

12 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Oh.  Since Elway has more super bowl wins as GM than all Bill's GM's combined, I thought he had an ok career.  Partly because I keep reading that Bills fans are putting undreasonable expectations on Beane to win. (Also, the Bronco's post Elway don't look so great). 

lol come on.  

Also, the "Broncos post Elway"  are the Elway Broncos.

Edited by Mr. WEO

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.