Von Miller the GM?

dancing_joker

5 minutes ago, wppete said:

Hilarious. I like Von but highly doubt we see him a GM anytime soon. He should focus on playing football right now and getting healthy and forget the nonsense about being a GM. Stay focused Avon! 

curious to know what exactly he’s supposed to be doing “right now” to focus on playing football, since, right now, he’s: 

1. not allowed to, and

2. still recovering from injury.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, wppete said:

Disagree, can’t do both and be focused and effective. 

Don’t be ridiculous. Spending time at the combine and trying to learn about the process from an executive’s POV doesn’t mean he isn’t also focused on getting ready for next season.

If that’s the case then you better get worried about Josh playing a lot of golf in the off-season. He’s probably not focused on next season either.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

Don’t be ridiculous. Spending time at the combine and trying to learn about the process from an executive’s POV doesn’t mean he isn’t also focused on getting ready for next season.

If that’s the case then you better get worried about Josh playing a lot of golf in the off-season. He’s probably not focused on next season too.

good point. Where were the threads castigating Allen for playing in pro am tournaments and meeting Tiger Woods last month? 

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, dancing_joker said:

You don’t think it’s odd that Miller is going rogue here? He wants to be a GM one day…that’s cool. But why is he not going through the channels in front of him? Why wouldn’t he just sit in with the Bills staff as they interview players?

are the players who are relaxing at home/on vacation uncommitted to the team too? how is this any different he takes 3-4 days tp pursue other (yet still overlapping) interests

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

People literally find anything they can to criticize the Bills and their players these days.

I'm ready for my downvote, Nextmanup.

I wonder how Nextmanup feels about the recent Josh Allen sighting on vacation with his girlfriend?

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

curious to know what exactly he’s supposed to be doing “right now” to focus on playing football, since, right now, he’s: 

1. not allowed to, and

2. still recovering from injury.

Get that knee healthy and focus on getting better as a player and not distracted with useless GM nonsense right now. 

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 2

Von has already mentioned his aspiration to become a GM some day. I don't see any issue with this, he's still recovering, if this keeps him engaged with football and the team great. This is all a part of culture building. The opposite would be to rebuff his approach and see what that does for his feelings about the team and the staff. It's a no brainer.

9 minutes ago, wppete said:

Get that knee healthy and focus on getting better as a player and not distracted with useless GM nonsense right now. 

Okay well 1: there is nothing suggesting this trip to the combine is interfering with his rehab schedule in any way and 2. I highly doubt Von considers this trip useless nonsense if he has an expressed desire to work in the front office after playing. 

1 hour ago, dancing_joker said:

You don’t think it’s odd that Miller is going rogue here? He wants to be a GM one day…that’s cool. But why is he not going through the channels in front of him? Why wouldn’t he just sit in with the Bills staff as they interview players?

Why do you care so much. Guy is taking initiative in an open forum... relax. 

1 hour ago, dancing_joker said:

Anyone else find it extremely odd that Von Miller went to the combine to learn how to evaluate players to become a GM? The guy has 2 more guaranteed years in his contract…and he’s already focusing on his post-football career? The bills are probably not thrilled either, considering the article makes no mention of him being with and working with the team’s front office staff. 

Miller’s reason for attending? “So I’m here to meet with guys, for the guys to give me instructions on what to do with my right foot next and what to do with my left foot next. And make the first steps to making this happen.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/02/with-goal-of-someday-becoming-a-g-m-von-miller-visits-scouting-combine/

Marino broke into acting especially commercials when he was on IR.  Miller is working on talent evaluation and interviewing.

Which is more related to his job?

And before anyone adds it yes Br*dy was getting acting lessons while in NFL but that was NFL related - he was learned how to get more calls go his way.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.