Von Miller the GM?

dancing_joker

Anyone else find it extremely odd that Von Miller went to the combine to learn how to evaluate players to become a GM? The guy has 2 more guaranteed years in his contract…and he’s already focusing on his post-football career? The bills are probably not thrilled either, considering the article makes no mention of him being with and working with the team’s front office staff. 

Miller’s reason for attending? “So I’m here to meet with guys, for the guys to give me instructions on what to do with my right foot next and what to do with my left foot next. And make the first steps to making this happen.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/02/with-goal-of-someday-becoming-a-g-m-von-miller-visits-scouting-combine/

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 11
  • Disagree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

No, not at all. You keep your veteran stars happy. If this makes Von happy, good. Let him sit in the war room come April as well.

Gotta agree. Whatever keeps him engaged at work and still actively involved in the Bills is good. I’d rather this than streaming on Twitch until Thanksgiving when he’s ready to return.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

The only odd thing about it is to think it's so odd that you make a thread about it. 

You don’t think it’s odd that Miller is going rogue here? He wants to be a GM one day…that’s cool. But why is he not going through the channels in front of him? Why wouldn’t he just sit in with the Bills staff as they interview players?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, dancing_joker said:

You don’t think it’s odd that Miller is going rogue here? He wants to be a GM one day…that’s cool. But why is he not going through the channels in front of him? Why wouldn’t he just sit in with the Bills staff as they interview players?

How do you know he’s not? 

I saw plenty about him working with Beane while injured this year. He seemed to have a ton of praise for Brandon and how he helped him in his career pathing.

30 minutes ago, dancing_joker said:

Anyone else find it extremely odd that Von Miller went to the combine to learn how to evaluate players to become a GM? The guy has 2 more guaranteed years in his contract…and he’s already focusing on his post-football career? The bills are probably not thrilled either, considering the article makes no mention of him being with and working with the team’s front office staff. 

Miller’s reason for attending? “So I’m here to meet with guys, for the guys to give me instructions on what to do with my right foot next and what to do with my left foot next. And make the first steps to making this happen.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/02/with-goal-of-someday-becoming-a-g-m-von-miller-visits-scouting-combine/

I admire Von Miller.  

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, dancing_joker said:

No, I don't think it's odd. I don't know that he's going rogue either. He's on his own time and if he wants to talk to other people outside of the Bills organization then I don't care at all. This sounds like a whole lot of nothing. 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, TOboy said:

How do you know he’s not? 

I saw plenty about him working with Beane while injured this year. He seemed to have a ton of praise for Brandon and how he helped him in his career pathing.

Maybe try reading the article from PFT and read the quotes from Miller...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, dancing_joker said:

Heaven forbid a guy try to learn new things in preparation for his life after football. In the offseason, mind you, when the CBA prevents players from doing anything football related with their teams (even if they aren’t injured, which Von is.)

I swear this place really is going way downhill.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, dancing_joker said:

Why do you care?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

44 minutes ago, dancing_joker said:

Overreaction maybe? Must be offseason...

• Dislike 1

Feb 2034....

Talking head - "Von Miller, how does it feel to be winning another Super Bowl for Buffalo since you became GM?"

Von - "People doubted me, didn't think we could do it, but I learned so much over the years, it was bound to happen!" 

• Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

Hilarious. I like Von but highly doubt we see him a GM anytime soon. He should focus on playing football right now and getting healthy and forget the nonsense about being a GM. Stay focused Avon! 

He can easily do both. 

17 minutes ago, dancing_joker said:

Maybe try reading the article from PFT and read the quotes from Miller...

Which quote tells you he’s going rogue?

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.