Has Sean McDermott's Bills met your personal expectations over the last four season?

Chaos

Has Sean McDermott's Bills met your personal expectations over the last four season?   

242 members have voted

1. 1. Has Sean McDermott's Bills met your personal expectations over the last four season?

• Met my expectations
    • Exceeded my expecations
    • Fell short of my expectations.

An expectation of "win Super Bowl" is something reserved for entitled & delusional Patriots fans.

We're in the mix. After the drought - that's what I want, and that's what I expect.  The Bills need a few breaks to turn that into a title.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 4

He’s a great coach but I think he needs to be more proactive when it comes to coaching, staff and personnel changes. Frazier should have been fired a year ago. Yeah, it sucks, I know he’s your friend but you owe it to the city and to your players to make such changes so we can hopefully win at least one Lombardi in Josh’s prime.

I will also say this, I am very cautious about Dorsey as our OC for two reasons: 1.) He never quite lives up to what we had with Daboll or 2.) He does live up to what Daboll did here and he’s gone next offseason regardless. The lack of stability on offense has me feeling icky about the future there long term. McD needs to find some offensive minded guru that failed as a HC so we are no longer in limbo at OC. Like a Bill O’Brien type so McD has his guys in place long term.

With that said, McD has my blessing for 2023 but this could be his last season here at the same time.

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Everyone wants the Super Bowl. Nothing wrong with that it should be the goal. Sometimes you need the perfect storm to get there. 
Maybe they’ve blown their best or easiest chance, but I don’t think it’s the last chance. You just gotta get hot at the right time. I am content with what they’ve built. Like many fans I question some of the head scratching decisions they’ve made. But they are capable of beating anyone and competing at the highest of levels, I can’t ask for much more than that even if they’ve fallen flat at crucial times. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Are you ever going to stop your personal vendetta against the guy?

Your response is kind of simple minded. Not shocking.  The debate around Bills coaching is a hot button issue for fans. I can't imagine I could have posted the question in a more neutral manner. No person could legitimately argue that McDermott is not a competent NFL head coach. He obviously is. This is also a completely independent variable of whether or not he has met expectations.   BTW , are you going to stop your apparent persona vendetta against me? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

It'd be pleasant to be able to watch games with a coach that's coaching your team to the extent that it's obvious what's going on in his mind as it is played out on the field, that it seems like the best approach, and that he's effectively competing with his opposing coaching peers while coming out on top.  

I don't get that impression.  Plenty of high-profile prime-time blunders and incompetent moments corroborate that.  It's difficult if not impossible to be satisfied with that given the circumstances otherwise.  

• Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

Your response is kind of simple minded. Not shocking.  The debate around Bills coaching is a hot button issue for fans. I can't imagine I could have posted the question in a more neutral manner. No person could legitimately argue that McDermott is not a competent NFL head coach. He obviously is. This is also a completely independent variable of whether or not he has met expectations.   BTW , are you going to stop your apparent persona vendetta against me? 

I have no such thing against you. But clown show post about McD are getting old

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Success said:

An expectation of "win Super Bowl" is something reserved for entitled & delusional Patriots fans.

We're in the mix. After the drought - that's what I want, and that's what I expect.  The Bills need a few breaks to turn that into a title.

Yep. We'll get ours soon enough. All the good teams in the oughts and teens won one: Indy, NE, Seattle, GB, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, New Orleans (well, except Dallas, lol).

Edited by chongli
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If you expect a superbowl win, you are going to be disappointed almost every season. It's a pretty dumb expectation, honestly. What you can expect is for the Bills to be in contention every year and to be making progress.

The Bills have been in contention. They do need to show they are making progress and adapting each season. The adapting thing is where they fell short the past couple of years.

• Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think  we have had some really dumbfounding losses over the course of each season which just don’t sit right with me. I know every team usually loses one here and there but it’s the coaches we face.

A couple years ago it was losing to that clown of a coach in Cleveland.. is it Kitchens I’m thinking about?

We don’t get off the bus to play against Urban Myer in his 2 win season. 

Then this year somehow we lose to Zach Wilson who was being pummeled by every other team and end up getting Allen’s arm wrecked in the process.. Wilson has a 77 Qbr rating against us in that game. For the season his Qbr was 36.5.

I just can’t really figure it out. 

• Like (+1) 2

McDermott is a good coach.  He realistically has a chance to be the best coach in Bills history. 

He broke the playoff drought in his first season when everyone was expecting a tank job.

He was prepared for a step back the next year with a rookie qb that wasn't expected to play so early in his career. 

Following the growing pains of a qb that alot of people here (and in the media) distained, the training wheels were officially off and the Bills have been LEGITIMATE contenders ever since.  

And we're still doing these silly polls about if McDermott is doing a good job,  or if he needs new coordinators, or if he and/or Beane should be on the hot seat or fired. 

GTFO with all that crap.

After the 17 years of mediocrity, we hit big with a first time head coach, a first time GM, and not just a franchise qb, but quite possibly the best Bills QB ever. 

Stop being fickle. The good times are rolling again, and people don't let themselves enjoy it. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.