2023 NFL Combine Results and News

KingBoots8

4 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

He’s going to have to go where a really good structure is in place and they are patient with him cause unlike Josh who was the team at Wyoming…Richardson played with some decent talent at Florida and he looked brutal at times. I think Carolina or Seattle come to mind 

Richardson needs some Jordan Palmer in his life right now

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

No to defense! Sorry man. The 27th  pick has to be an offensive player. I wouldn't mind if every pick was offensive.

I'm going into rhis year with the mindset of giving Allen protection and weapons. Let him cook. 

The defense falls where it falls. McD can try to get the best out of what he has. 

The organization has to change its mentality and focus. For too long it has concentrated on upgrading the defense. It hasn't worked come playoff time. 

The only way I would support it is if it was in a trade down where we picked up an additional second round pick

If we go mostly office in this draft, but end up taking a high end, needed player like a linebacker I wouldn’t hate it

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 2

26 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The only way I would support it is if it was in a trade down where we picked up an additional second round pick

If we go mostly office in this draft, but end up taking a high end, needed player like a linebacker I wouldn’t hate it

Disagree and I know I'm likely in the minority. I know a lot depends on the board. Of course, if there's a glaring discrepancy then I can see the defensive pick. 

However, at pick 27 I tend to think there will be some good value on the offensive side. 

The Bills can always try to get a stop gap LB on the cheap. Too bad  Bernard can't step in. He looks to be a wasted pick. 

Just my two cents. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

After this combine I’m more interested in the Tight Ends than the Wide Receivers, TE class is loaded. 

Some of those TE's were almost the size of OL players from the SB teams era.  That kid from Georgia was huge.

• Like (+1) 1

Workout Warrior Awards to this point:

Offense - Without a doubt it's Anthony Richardson. His workout has all of the sports media bobbleheads soiling themselves. Everyone knew he was super athletic coming into this, but now he throws a few 60 yard passes in underwear and they're all like :worthy:. It's hilarious to me. The tape doesn't lie. He will need to be shown a lot of grace and get with someone who can help him work at his craft extensively. I think someone like Daboll could work wonders with the young man, but he's not making it to NY. And before you try to drag JA into this convo, he was the entire offense at Wyoming. A team made up of a couple low 3 star, some 2 star, and unranked talent around him. Richardson was at Florida with a bunch of high 3 star, some 4 star, and a 5 star or two talent around him. 

Defense - Adetomiwa Adebawore. A 6'2", 282lb DE who runs a 4.49 40-yard dash, a 37.5" vertical, and a 10'5" broad jump. These are definitely "wow" traits, and it has people talking, but he has a 74 TOT, 17.5 TFL, and 9.5 sacks in the last 2 years. Those aren't really "wow" numbers. He's a bit stiff, has trouble disengaging at times, and doesn't read things very quickly. But, yes, he is one heck of an athlete. 

11 hours ago, Doc said:

He also played about 3/4 of the time from the slot.

Yes. He was a 3rd rnd pick. If Addison was being looked at as a 3rd, I could see it and maybe taking that risk. But as a 1st? No thanks. Doesn't have a single elite trait/measurement,  21 drops on 186 catchable targets? Would we accept an 8.85%+ drop rate from a 1st rnd pick? We can barley handle that form a 4th and 5th rnd pick.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, H2o said:

Workout Warrior Awards to this point:

Offense - Without a doubt it's Anthony Richardson. His workout has all of the sports media bobbleheads soiling themselves. Everyone knew he was super athletic coming into this, but now he throws a few 60 yard passes in underwear and they're all like :worthy:. It's hilarious to me. The tape doesn't lie. He will need to be shown a lot of grace and get with someone who can help him work at his craft extensively. I think someone like Daboll could work wonders with the young man, but he's not making it to NY. And before you try to drag JA into this convo, he was the entire offense at Wyoming. A team made up of a couple low 3 star, some 2 star, and unranked talent around him. Richardson was at Florida with a bunch of high 3 star, some 4 star, and a 5 star or two talent around him. 

Defense - Adetomiwa Adebawore. A 6'2", 282lb DE who runs a 4.49 40-yard dash, a 37.5" vertical, and a 10'5" broad jump. These are definitely "wow" traits, and it has people talking, but he has a 74 TOT, 17.5 TFL, and 9.5 sacks in the last 2 years. Those aren't really "wow" numbers. He's a bit stiff, has trouble disengaging at times, and doesn't read things very quickly. But, yes, he is one heck of an athlete. 

If I needed a QB, I would take Richardson. I like the raw athlete every time. I loved Justin Herbert coming out, guys like Trey Lance…it’s 50/50 but if you are taking a shot on a guy, this guy is the kind of guy I would shoot my shot on. I hate small qbs and game manager guys. I would make the argument that his presence at times raised the play of others. Like Torrence the guard, the big thing is that he doesn’t give up sacks. When you watch him play, Richardson bails out Torrence a lot. JMO, but I get why the scouts are drooling. 

15 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

After this combine I’m more interested in the Tight Ends than the Wide Receivers, TE class is loaded. 

Michael Mayer plays like a stud but is slower and stubbier (31 and 5/8 arms, 9 and 1/2 inch hands) than the Bills seem to like. He is probably a first round pick in this draft which historically are not good investments for the drafting team.

Disappointed that Dalton Kincaid has a “tiny” fracture in his back that kept him out. He is likely going to fall behind some of these others where he was probably the TE2 before.

Musgrave looked great and very explosive but never really produced in college and had a season ending injury this year. He may be the first TE drafted but definitely a risk.

Zach Kuntz looked phenomenal. Enormous, athletic, good receiver. He had a great year of production in 2021 but is another player who had a season ending injury this year. He may be a second round pick now and is someone to consider at that point.

Tucker Kraft is another good talent coming off an injury riddled season. Dude is built thick and is awesome after the catch and was used effectively on sweeps. The testing showed someone more explosive than fast which is probably right. I think he would be an awesome compliment to Knox probably in the third round.

Darnell Washington is an enormous human. Intimidating. Pretty agile for his size but not explosive and isn’t gonna give a ton of playmaking. But heck of a blocker and will catch what comes to him. I’m not sure where he will go but it is probably going to be too soon imo.

Sam LaPorta is another TE I think the Bills will target in Rd3. Was pretty effective at operating out wide which you won’t see a ton out of this class. Good after the catch too. May have more in the tank too as Iowas offense was terrible this year. 

To your point this is a great TE class from a talent perspective. Injuries are the main concern. I think Musgrave in the second or Laporta, Kuntz or Kraft in the third would be amazing for the Bills. Especially LaPorta!

Mayer, Kincaid or even Washington would be good additions if you can get them at the right draft capital too. 

2 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Yes. He was a 3rd rnd pick. If Addison was being looked at as a 3rd, I could see it and maybe taking that risk. But as a 1st? No thanks. Doesn't have a single elite trait/measurement,  21 drops on 186 catchable targets? Would we accept an 8.85%+ drop rate from a 1st rnd pick? We can barley handle that form a 4th and 5th rnd pick.

Yea I don’t mind the speed because he has shown he can get open. But his small arms and hands attached to that drop rate have me off of him for the Bills now. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Isn't Tremaine still on the team and FA over a week away?

Have we heard a bad word out of McBeane about him.

Not saying it happens, but I think it's premature to pretend we can't retain Edmunds if we really want to, especially considering his age.

Make it a 6 year deal and frontload it with a big signing bonus. Makes the CAP hit this year 7-9 million, which doesn't hurt the team in terms of FA for other positions and keeps a player we drafted and developed, which is a big McBeane philosophy.

Tremaine said he'll test FA.  If he does, he's gone.  I can't see the Bills franchising him.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Michael Mayer plays like a stud but is slower and stubbier (31 and 5/8 arms, 9 and 1/2 inch hands) than the Bills seem to like. He is probably a first round pick in this draft which historically are not good investments for the drafting team.

Disappointed that Dalton Kincaid has a “tiny” fracture in his back that kept him out. He is likely going to fall behind some of these others where he was probably the TE2 before.

Musgrave looked great and very explosive but never really produced in college and had a season ending injury this year. He may be the first TE drafted but definitely a risk.

Zach Kuntz looked phenomenal. Enormous, athletic, good receiver. He had a great year of production in 2021 but is another player who had a season ending injury this year. He may be a second round pick now and is someone to consider at that point.

Tucker Kraft is another good talent coming off an injury riddled season. Dude is built thick and is awesome after the catch and was used effectively on sweeps. The testing showed someone more explosive than fast which is probably right. I think he would be an awesome compliment to Knox probably in the third round.

Darnell Washington is an enormous human. Intimidating. Pretty agile for his size but not explosive and isn’t gonna give a ton of playmaking. But heck of a blocker and will catch what comes to him. I’m not sure where he will go but it is probably going to be too soon imo.

Sam LaPorta is another TE I think the Bills will target in Rd3. Was pretty effective at operating out wide which you won’t see a ton out of this class. Good after the catch too. May have more in the tank too as Iowas offense was terrible this year. 

To your point this is a great TE class from a talent perspective. Injuries are the main concern. I think Musgrave in the second or Laporta, Kuntz or Kraft in the third would be amazing for the Bills. Especially LaPorta!

Mayer, Kincaid or even Washington would be good additions if you can get them at the right draft capital too. 

One guy I would watch with the Bills in say the 5th round is Luke Schoonamker from Michigan he doesn’t do anything extraordinary but he does every thing well would make a nice TE2 prospect and won’t go as high as others. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Isn't Tremaine still on the team and FA over a week away?

Have we heard a bad word out of McBeane about him.

Not saying it happens, but I think it's premature to pretend we can't retain Edmunds if we really want to, especially considering his age.

Make it a 6 year deal and frontload it with a big signing bonus. Makes the CAP hit this year 7-9 million, which doesn't hurt the team in terms of FA for other positions and keeps a player we drafted and developed, which is a big McBeane philosophy.

He is 100% gone. Unless his market craters with all of these interesting linebackers in the draft. 

7 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Lot of these combine QBs out there looking like ME with respect to measurables. Shameful.

With all the spread RPO stuff these days, the QB doesn’t matter as much in the college game. Load up on skill players RBs and WRs. Find a smart kid who won’t turn the ball over and you can win a national championship. I think that is what we are seeing with these guys. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.