2023 NFL Combine Results and News

KingBoots8

24 minutes ago, balln said:

damn addison ran a 4.55!?

passsssss

WR value may not be there folks. TE value better

He timed in at 4.49 on the second run. And this year most of the adjustments have turned out faster for the official times. He'll probably end up around 4.46

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

He timed in at 4.49 on the second run. And this year most of the adjustments have turned out faster for the official times. He'll probably end up around 4.46

Yeah. Still slower than  Diggs, McKenzie and Shakir. No thanks, especially not at 27.

• Agree 2

Just now, Motorin' said:

Yeah, but we went through 4 slot wr's last year (McKenzie, Crowder, Beasly & Shakir).

If Shakir steps into the #1 slot role, who's behind him?

McK is still under contract.  Sign someone in FA or maybe look to later in the draft like they did Shakir, but like Shakir, that kid isn't going to play much as a rookie.

42 minutes ago, Doc said:

The Bills need a big WR with speed.

Good, big and fast might not be available in the draft this year. Most experts say this years WR class doesn’t have that alpha type receiver we have seen in most recent drafts. That’s why I’m leaning towards a bigger physical type receiver like Mingo. No smurfs.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Yeah, but we went through 4 slot wr's last year (McKenzie, Crowder, Beasly & Shakir).

If Shakir steps into the #1 slot role, who's behind him? 

I also like Rakim Jarrett 

LilDirtyIronMan.thumb.jpg.e163de9795c1c2b87829241d76c738c4.jpg

Edited by LyndonvilleBill

14 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Yeah. Still slower than  Diggs, McKenzie and Shakir. No thanks, especially not at 27.

Yeah, I'm not a big Addison fan myself.  He's got adequate speed though.  

Bryce Ford Wheaton from WVU  ran a 4.38 he is 6-4 221 lbs. I watched him play in every game at WVU and he showed a ton of promise but never put it all together (their coaching has been awful). This is a guy that could be a late round pick to eventually replace gabe next year. 

(Just to be clear I don’t think this is the solution I think we should also either sign a FA or draft a WR in the first 2 rounds as well.)

This would be a nice wr group that is young and cheap:

Diggs

Davis 

Paris Campbell (cheap FA)

shakir 

Jalen hyatt

Bryce ford Wheaton 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, khlax3 said:

Bryce Ford Wheaton from WVU  ran a 4.38 he is 6-4 221 lbs. I watched him play in every game at WVU and he showed a ton of promise but never put it all together (their coaching has been awful). This is a guy that could be a late round pick to eventually replace gabe next year. 

(Just to be clear I don’t think this is the solution I think we should also either sign a FA or draft a WR in the first 2 rounds as well.)

This would be a nice wr group that is young and cheap:

Diggs

Davis 

Paris Campbell (cheap FA)

shakir 

Jalen hyatt

Bryce ford Wheaton 

yup. i think the WRs media been saying in rd 1 are NOT what we will be happy with. Time to go as usual with Ht/Wt/speed and hope to develop as a later rd. this is for WR

i actually think TE will be the way to go. time to threaten teams w knox  & meyer/utah/ore st kid. ala hernandez and gronk

3 minutes ago, balln said:

yup. i think the WRs media been saying in rd 1 are NOT what we will be happy with. Time to go as usual with Ht/Wt/speed and hope to develop as a later rd. this is for WR

i actually think TE will be the way to go. time to threaten teams w knox  & meyer/utah/ore st kid. ala hernandez and gronk

I'm actually looking forward to seeing Kuntz and Whyle's #'s.

10 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

We’re gonna need somebody to back him up. We have boat Bogener backing up inside, but swing tackle is iffy.

Tommy Doyle has the potential to come back as the swing tackle.

He also might compete at Guard.

I'm not saying don't sign anyone. We need to based on sheer numbers.

We just aren't using a 1st round pick on one.

4 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

McBeane believed in Cody Ford too😎

Yes.

And also Josh Allen.

And Tremaine Edmunds.

And Groot.

Every GM misses. Even the great ones. Howie Roseman passed on Justin Jefferson for Jaelan Raeger.

JSN and hyatt tenn only ones worth it if im bills gm in rd one. take most impactful offensive player available.

Just now, BillsFan2313 said:

You would pass on Tyler Lockett? Interesting.

4 years in a row of 1000k yards and 8+ TDs. The year before that he was barely short of 1k yards and had 10tds. 

i have shakir. he tested bigger and faster....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.