McDermott wants a ‘nastier edge’ to his Defense post Frazier

Chandler#81

When McDermott called plays here and there the defense got more aggressive, at least from what I recall. 

IMO McDermott is a quality defensive mind, so I'm excited to see him take on the play calling and a more active role in the defense. 

If you're going to have a defensive coach let's play to his strengths. 

10 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I disagree with the HC. the first half of the year what we were doing is shorter passing. and it was working great... no one really stopped that style of play... I think the OC made mid-season adjustments that adversely affected this offense. 

McD is not going to throw him under the bus but I feel we all saw it.

You mean because our QB injured his elbow and couldn't accurately make those throws any longer with additional strain on an injured elbow?  What a coincidence.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

When McDermott called plays here and there the defense got more aggressive, at least from what I recall. 

IMO McDermott is a quality defensive mind, so I'm excited to see him take on the play calling and a more active role in the defense. 

If you're going to have a defensive coach let's play to his strengths. 

Let's not kid ourselves.  Andy calls all the plays on offense.  McDermott needs to do the same on defense.  Go back to your more aggressive style in Carolina. You gotta be willing to play man press more often to succeed. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Let's not kid ourselves.  Andy calls all the plays on offense.  McDermott needs to do the same on defense.  Go back to your more aggressive style in Carolina. You gotta be willing to play man press more often to succeed. 

Exactly. It's time to let the chef cook. 

11 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I disagree with the HC. the first half of the year what we were doing is shorter passing. and it was working great... no one really stopped that style of play... I think the OC made mid-season adjustments that adversely affected this offense. 

I think you have the cause and effect exactly backwards.  They didn't go away from something that was working.  They've said repeatedly that defenses adjusted to what they were doing - they went away from the short game because it wasn't working.   What they failed to do was adjust with other things that would work beyond the short game.   

7 hours ago, PBF81 said:

McD's the one that has kept Frasier on for his full 6 seasons here.  It's taken him 6 seasons to figure out what he wants?  

On top of that he promoted Frasier to Asst. Head Coach halfway through as well.  

He's passing the buck to a now departed Frasier, deflecting any and all heat away from himself.  It makes one wonder if he and Frasier didn't have a discussion to force Frasier to "step away from football for a year" in a completely unprecedented move, with the intent of trying to start deflecting to keep his own job, and apparently, with the decision seemingly being his (Frasier's) to return after the year is up at his pleasure.  

Just sayin' ... 

In what adult world has this ever existed?  That whole scenario is crazy.

• Disagree 1

7 hours ago, somnus00 said:

Why not both. He's just specifically addressing defense because he was asked about it here. 

Yes I understand he was asked about that but it annoys me the way Beane anyway has neglected to make an elite o line. And he has whiffed on basham, and Rousseau and Oliver haven't set the world alight. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Yes I understand he was asked about that but it annoys me the way Beane anyway has neglected to make an elite o line. And he has whiffed on basham, and Rousseau and Oliver haven't set the world alight. 

I wasn't trying to be snarky. I understand your frustration. Hated the Basham pick.

they don't blitz and go into turtle mode when you run into a QB with good WR's.  Bend but don't break while they move down the field.  If you want the first half of the two CINI games its like both teams did nothing to the game plan and just reused whatever plan they had for the first game.

The Bills would have lost the first game as well.

1 hour ago, CoudyBills said:

In what adult world has this ever existed?  That whole scenario is crazy.

LOL, ... same adult world that consistently provides a never-ending string of pressers that never say much of anything or otherwise provide any definitive information, seemingly designed specifically so as to keep things as unclear, murky, and ill-defined as possible.  

Thanks for asking.  :)

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

LOL, ... same adult world that consistently provides a never-ending string of pressers that never say much of anything or otherwise provide any definitive information, seemingly designed specifically so as to keep things as unclear, murky, and ill-defined as possible.  

Thanks for asking.  :)

You're welcome

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I bet you wouldn't say that to his face

Lol. You don't know me. I'd 100% say it to his face then kiss his cheek

Plenty here have met me and will vouch me. 

4 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

F**k you Calibre. 

It needs to be "something to prove"

This copycat bull#### doesn't work unless you're making girl scout cookies. It gets you some W's, that's it

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.