McDermott wants a ‘nastier edge’ to his Defense post Frazier

Chandler#81

If ya can’t beat ‘em, Beat ‘em Up! A bigger challenge if we don’t have Poyer and Edmunds, but a change I’d really like to see. Bend but don’t beak keeps the opponent in the game and our 3 regular season loses were a result of this. Offenses have such an advantage today that kickin’ the crap out of them becomes a necessity!

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 5

I disagree with the HC. the first half of the year what we were doing is shorter passing. and it was working great... no one really stopped that style of play... I think the OC made mid-season adjustments that adversely affected this offense. 

McD is not going to throw him under the bus but I feel we all saw it.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I disagree with the HC. the first half of the year what we were doing is shorter passing. and it was working great... no one really stopped that style of play... I think the OC made mid-season adjustments that adversely affected this offense. 

I think it was the ucl injury.  Our O will be fine , injuries aside. 

But I love this mentality from McD. He's evolving 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 13
  • Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I think it was the ucl injury.  Our O will be fine , injuries aside. 

But I love this mentality from McD. He's evolving 

I'm 50/50 on the offense.  I think Allen's injury was more significant than we believed but also we need some upgrades at WR and OL to help Allen out.  Too dependent on Allen last season.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

I'm 50/50 on the offense.  I think Allen's injury was more significant than we believed but also we need some upgrades at WR and OL to help Allen out.  Too dependent on Allen last season.

I agree. We need a quality G or 2. Possibly a RT to push Brown but I still think he'll work out. 

I wouldn't mind adding a piece like Hardman for his speed and drafting a WR on day 1 or 2 

But we've been elite on o for 3 years now and with 17 I don't see that changing 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Hasn’t it been established that the UCL injury had something to do with this some thing about arm angles, and being able to short pass

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Those mid-season "adjustments" was called: "Josh'sElbow."

😏 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DCbillsfan said:

We need to build a wall around Josh , like he has never had before but even more than that we need to build a group that can push people around and allow us to run the ball to help Josh out more. He does too much for this offense

Are used to be all for getting the most out of Josh Allen because I wanted to see him win a most valuable player award in the league. I am starting to realize that he hast to play a perfect game every week in order to even be in consideration, as soon as he has a bad game, people take him right out of it, which is ridiculous, now I just wanna win forget the most valuable player award. Let Josh win the most valuable player award in the Super Bowl. 

Build a team that can suffocate defenses with their running game

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

There was a good write-up on this related to JA17's injury.  Short to intermediate throws put more torque on the elbow. They went to the longer passing game out of necessity to protect Josh's elbow

Edited by CorkScrewHill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I agree with the wall metaphor in drafting G’s.  We also need a WR and a TE.  This is a deep TE class.  Hines needs to reduce his contract if he wants to stay.  We’ll have 10, 11, 12, and 21 personnel.

I sincerely hope Benford can convert successfully to S.

Why are you so adamant about Benford moving to safety? The kid showed a bit at corner so why waste THAT development and have him adjust to safety?

Hyde will be back, Hamlin is questionable but I suppose they could bring back Marlowe and Johnson. 

Draft or sign an ACTUAL safety.

Edited by Herb Nightly
Spelling
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, Herb Nightly said:

Why are you so adamant about Benford moving to safety? The kid showed a bit at corner so why waste THAT development and have him adjust to safety?

Hyde will be back, Hamlin is questionable but I suppose they could bring back Marlowe and Johnson. 

Draft or sign an ACTUAL safety.

I actually think Benford will be a very good safety… but personally have a hard time moving him because he showed flashes of being an above average CB. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Those mid-season "adjustments" was called: "Josh'sElbow."

😏

I blame that injury 100% on Beane. He assumed Spencer Brown would be starting quality and Quessenberry would be an adequate backup. Instead, they were two of the five worst tackles in the league in pass drops. It was just a matter of when Allen would get injured, especially with another spectacularly poor judgment of his, bringing in Saffold to start at guard.

I suspect Beane realizes that he blew it and, arguably, doomed the season for the team, since that injury was the inflection point of the season. We'll soon see if he's learned that he needs more than journeymen, low draft picks, and has-beens to protect the most important player on the team. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Lost said:

McD is just trolling us.   What he means is he's planning on drafting another DE in the 1st round this year.   

If the Offense is now so much better than Defenses, then at least punch ‘em in the mouth as they run past you! That’s my motto!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Lost said:

McD is just trolling us.   What he means is he's planning on drafting another DE in the 1st round this year.   

Pitchforks and knives will be out in full force if the Bills draft any defensive player in the 1st round. Besides I am more interested in who Beane (the guy who has the final say with the draft per TP) is going to draft. 

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.