Antonio Brown - (Former) Arena Football League Owner

Gugny

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

I couldn't find stats for last year, but it looks like back in 2018 and 2019, they had the best average attendance in the league at around 10,000.

That was when the Empire was in the Arena Football League.  The attendance is much lower since they moved to the National Arena League in 2021.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/How-Albany-Empire-match-up-with-Carolina-Cobras-17364900.php

The Albany Empire have averaged 2,171 fans per game this season, down about a thousand from last year’s average of 3,161.

Albany Empire 2022 home game attendance

Opponent    Date    Attendance
Carolina Cobras    April 23    3,211
Jacksonville Sharks    May 22    1,051
Carolina Cobras    June 4    2,417
Columbus Lions    June 26    2,132
Orlando Predators    July 16    2,172
San Antonio Gunslingers    July 23    1,981
Jacksonville Sharks*    July 30    2,235

Table: Alexandra Harris/Times Union  Source: Albany Empire

I really tried to get into arena ball. They had an af2 team in Manchester, NH for two years. (The Manchester Wolves) Scoring touchdowns is just so easy it's stupid. I'd rather watch XFL and USFL.

On 3/1/2023 at 10:51 PM, Gugny said:

Local (Albany, NY) radio station DJ posted on Facebook that Antonio Brown “has an announcement” in Albany tomorrow. Coincidentally, the Albany Empire (AFL team) has a press conference scheduled for tomorrow. 

Antonio’s father, Eddie, was an AFL player for Albany for years. 

Looks like AB is joining the ownership group and his dad will have a role, as well. 

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/albany-empire-adding-antonio-brown-ownership-group-17814407.php

"Albany, New York. I'm here," Antonio Brown, standing on a balcony, said in a video posted Wednesday evening on his Twitter account. "It's a big announcement in the morning. Stay tuned."

They should call the team Albany Frostbite.

• 2 months later...

Like we didn’t see THIS coming …

https://cbs6albany.com/amp/sports/content/empire-team-owner-antonio-brown-suiting-up-for-next-home-game-majority-owner-albany-empire-mvp-arena

Antonio Brown, majority owner of the Albany Empire, plans to suit up and take the field at the next Albany Empire home game.

JR Rickert, who works directly with Antonio Brown, sent us this statement.  

"AB fully plans to suit up this season for the Empire and is listening to interest from NFL teams.  I can confirm that teams have been inquiring about him playing."

• Haha (+1) 3

I may be in the minority but I like AB 

I’ve suffered with concussions… I believe I have CTE

I will probably donate my brain to science

I think AB is a lost individual with brain trauma… But if you look at him when he first came in the league

He was so humble, And hungry… Willing to put the work in… and become the best 

You don’t put up his stats without putting in the work

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Like we didn’t see THIS coming …

https://cbs6albany.com/amp/sports/content/empire-team-owner-antonio-brown-suiting-up-for-next-home-game-majority-owner-albany-empire-mvp-arena

Antonio Brown, majority owner of the Albany Empire, plans to suit up and take the field at the next Albany Empire home game.

JR Rickert, who works directly with Antonio Brown, sent us this statement.  

"AB fully plans to suit up this season for the Empire and is listening to interest from NFL teams.  I can confirm that teams have been inquiring about him playing."

If he doesn't play well he can bench himself. Then get pissed at himself for the benching, storm off the field while stripping & cursing himself out. Then top it all off by cutting himself from the team at a press conference after.

That's awesome! I would pay to see that.

Edited by Donuts and Doritos

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I think AB is a lost individual with brain trauma… But if you look at him when he first came in the league

If you really had a heart, you’d donate your brain to one of the PPP regulars!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Dude was arguably the best WR in his prime but has completely gone off the rails 

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Same. I'm donating my brain to Chris Nowinski's Concussion Legacy Foundation I think it's called. I did the paperwork like 10 years ago. 

Agree with you on AB as well. Hes definitely different now. I hope he doesn't make himself worse by continuing to collect hits to his head by playing football. 

From the owner/business side of things it’s actually a genius move. 
Probably set records for ticket sales for at least the one game. It’ll of course get national media attention. 
Sounds to me like one of his better decisions that last few years 

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

he was a jerk in college. You’ve created a fake narrative about him previously being humble. His attitude was just better hidden.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

If you really had a heart, you’d donate your brain to one of the PPP regulars!

Oops meant to reply to buffalo716 post below. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I agree it's almost guaranteed they will find he has significant damage to the area that controls impulses as most of the problems that AB keeps getting himself into are lack of self didcipline.  It would be interesting if he even ever àsks himself what he was thinking if he ever reflects back on the problems he's had recently.  

Edited by AuntieEm

2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

From the owner/business side of things it’s actually a genius move. 
Probably set records for ticket sales for at least the one game. It’ll of course get national media attention. 
Sounds to me like one of his better decisions that last few years 

The team had decent attendance already. They’re defending champions. Since AB and his father joined the mix, the former owners,

all of the coaches and many of the players have left. Those who chose to stay went without pay for a while, which they finally got. Bottom line, they’re destroying the team and I’m pretty certain this season will be the last we see of the Albany Empire. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.