Antonio Brown - (Former) Arena Football League Owner

Gugny

10 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Honestly, to me, he was buzzed, but did not seem unlikable.

No, but he's gone above and beyond in proving that he's unlikeable over the past six or seven years, and to understate it.  Anyone that likes Antonio Brown now deserves whatever he dishes out to them when, not if, it comes at them.  

Edited by PBF81

When the original Arena Football League came to Albany, I used to go to Firebirds games.  Even had seasons as part of a group in the mid 1990s.  I haven't been to an Empire game & have no plans to attend. Back in the old original league some players were either ex NFL players or in some rare cases, like Kurt Warner, future NFL stars.  That just doesn't happen anymore in the league the Empire is in.  I remember seeing guys like Art Schlichter, and Browning Nagle (with the Destroyers) play.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, teef said:

this is as good of an idea as when my cousin bought the local women's pro football team.

2 hours ago, teef said:

lol!  i don't remember the name, but she was the middle linebacker.  my dad was her accountant, and i remember him telling her she would be better driving down the road and throwing her money out of the window.  the team no longer exists.

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Hope their players get used to not getting paid.

My friend played for the Albany Ambush in the WPFL in 2006. They made it an entire 3 games before going out of business. The players were never paid (although their salary was only $1 per year; and the players had to pay about $800 in fees to the team each year).

https://masseyratings.com/14794/all

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, chongli said:

My friend played for the Albany Ambush in the WPFL in 2006. They made it an entire 3 games before going out of business. The players were never paid (although their salary was only $1 per year; and the players had to pay about $800 in fees to the team each year).

https://masseyratings.com/14794/all

Is it really surprising?  Who watches women's anything?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Reminds me of the time I tried selling shark attack insurance. I guess my jingle wasn’t catchy enough, or maybe it was just the Jeff Tuel endorsement. 

you denied my claim.  Now i know who to go after, thank you.

I hope you are not fast, its hard to run with 1 leg

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

you denied my claim.  Now i know who to go after, thank you.

I hope you are not fast, its hard to run with 1 leg

We’ve already submitted a response to your grievances ,your policy has a provision that excludes Sand Tiger shark bites. They are typically docile and it’s a fortuitous cost, and to remain solvent we do not cover those exclusions. Best regard, Sam’s Shark Insurance. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

We’ve already submitted a response to your grievances ,your policy has a provision that excludes Sand Tiger shark bites. They are typically docile and it’s a fortuitous cost, and to remain solvent we do not cover those exclusions. Best regard, Sam’s Shark Insurance. 

You have said that before!   I have provided you my report and it was a great white. the SAnd Tiger shark simply chewed up the toes the great white lost while chomping

Ive also provided you testimony from the Hasselhof verifying this!

i would have never tried surfing if i knew you would do this!

26 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Does arena football draw well in Albany?

I couldn't find stats for last year, but it looks like back in 2018 and 2019, they had the best average attendance in the league at around 10,000.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Psstt.. I got video of TBBills tying a bloody steak to his leg before going in the water.  How about a cut of what he paid you for insurance, to give the video to you? 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Does arena football draw well in Albany?

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/How-Albany-Empire-match-up-with-Carolina-Cobras-17364900.php

The Albany Empire have averaged 2,171 fans per game this season, down about a thousand from last year’s average of 3,161.

Albany Empire 2022 home game attendance

Opponent    Date    Attendance
Carolina Cobras    April 23    3,211
Jacksonville Sharks    May 22    1,051
Carolina Cobras    June 4    2,417
Columbus Lions    June 26    2,132
Orlando Predators    July 16    2,172
San Antonio Gunslingers    July 23    1,981
Jacksonville Sharks*    July 30    2,235

Table: Alexandra Harris/Times Union  Source: Albany Empire

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.