We are probably losing Jordan but the free agent safety class is pretty deep

Like the optimism, but not sure of the feasibility.

Before this season, were one to project that McBeane would have to address so much for ‘23, most would have scoffed.

Wasn’t keen on them until JA17 started wowing, but now feel they deserve to be entrusted

3 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Like the optimism, but not sure of the feasibility.

Before this season, were one to project that McBeane would have to address so much for ‘23, most would have scoffed.

Wasn’t keen on them until JA17 started wowing, but now feel they deserve to be entrusted

yes, McBeanes have earned our trust.   55-21 the past 4 years just doesn't lie.  

This tax issue is real, and may account for Buffalo having some issues signing free agents.

Buffalo Bills player Jordan Poyer is the latest to slam New York taxes and says he’d ‘love to go to a state that doesn’t take half my money’ (yahoo.com)

Just now, bigK14094 said:

This tax issue is real, and may account for Buffalo having some issues signing free agents.

Buffalo Bills player Jordan Poyer is the latest to slam New York taxes and says he’d ‘love to go to a state that doesn’t take half my money’ (yahoo.com)

Sorry, the link didn't come over?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Poyer stating NY taxes take half his money is ludicrous.....   Below is the top ten high state income tax list for earners making over $500K+ (The highest bracket) from Wiki for 2021. I don't see players bitching about going to the California teams, Pennsylvania teams, New Jersey teams, Green Bay, Minnesota etc. etc. Not everybody can go to Florida (BTW, a net "Taker" state that gets money from NY, NJ, CA etc. every year to help keep their taxes low!)  Not an excuse.     

The top 10 highest income tax states for 2021 are:

California 13.3%

Hawaii 11%

New Jersey 10.75%

Oregon 9.9%

Pennsylvania 9.8

Minnesota 9.85%

Washington 8.95%

New York 8.82%

Iowa 8.53%

Wisconsin 7.65%

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Bruffalo said:

Probably an unpopular opinion: With all of the injury concerns he showed this season combined with his age I think it's better to let him walk. 

Poyer has been amazing. He also had some mental errors back there this season. He's not the same player he was even a year ago. 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Yantha said:

I'd add Taylor Rapp from LA, and also draft a Safety somewhere.

Great potential there and likely affordable.

I think the draft piece has to depend on what McBeane truly think of Benford, no?

I'd let Poyer walk, sign a vet S, transition Benford and bring back Marlowe.  That gives us Hyde - Vet Safety, with Benford and Marlowe as depth.  Hamlin, we'll see how that goes.  

Then draft a CB on Day 3 to compete with Dane Jackson for depth behind White and Elam. 

I wouldn't mind if we snagged Julian Love and then drafted a guy on Day 3. Maybe a guy like JL Skinner, who could possibly drop because of a torn pec. Big, athletic freak type of player who loves to hit people. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I think the draft piece has to depend on what McBeane truly think of Benford, no?

I'd let Poyer walk, sign a vet S, transition Benford and bring back Marlowe.  That gives us Hyde - Vet Safety, with Benford and Marlowe as depth.  Hamlin, we'll see how that goes.  

Then draft a CB on Day 3 to compete with Dane Jackson for depth behind White and Elam. 

Have they actually said anything about this in an official capacity? I have seen a sorts of fans and talking heads talking about it, but is there anything from the Bills saying they are going to do that? 

Just now, Gregthekeg said:

Have they actually said anything about this in an official capacity? I have seen a sorts of fans and talking heads talking about it, but is there anything from the Bills saying they are going to do that? 

I'm pretty sure Beane and/or McDermott made mention that Benford could move to Safety.  Nothing concrete, but they've definitely addressed the possibility. 

3 hours ago, RG Murdock said:

Poyer stating NY taxes take half his money is ludicrous.....   Below is the top ten high state income tax list for earners making over $500K+ (The highest bracket) from Wiki for 2021. I don't see players bitching about going to the California teams, Pennsylvania teams, New Jersey teams, Green Bay, Minnesota etc. etc. Not everybody can go to Florida (BTW, a net "Taker" state that gets money from NY, NJ, CA etc. every year to help keep their taxes low!)  Not an excuse.     

The top 10 highest income tax states for 2021 are:

California 13.3%

Hawaii 11%

New Jersey 10.75%

Oregon 9.9%

Pennsylvania 9.8

Minnesota 9.85%

Washington 8.95%

New York 8.82%

Iowa 8.53%

Wisconsin 7.65%

When you account for total tax burden (Income Tax, Property Tax, Sales Tax, etc.) New York is the highest taxed state in the union. Yay, we're #1 in something.

https://taxfoundation.org/tax-burden-by-state-2022/

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.