Bills Rank 9th in NFLPA Team Report Card

Coach Tuesday

man, the Ravens players were really dunking on that organization, which was somewhat surprising to me. Washington I get, because that franchise is an utter disaster. Whoever buys it needs to re-name, re-brand, and totally reset that team. 

Ravens are a surprise though. I guess I always thought they were a well run operation, but it sounds like plenty of guys were less than satisfied. 

7 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

man, the Ravens players were really dunking on that organization, which was somewhat surprising to me. Washington I get, because that franchise is an utter disaster. Whoever buys it needs to re-name, re-brand, and totally reset that team. 

Ravens are a surprise though. I guess I always thought they were a well run operation, but it sounds like plenty of guys were less than satisfied. 

Strength and Conditioning coaches got an F-, one of two teams where players weren't mostly satisfied and by far the worst grade...so many players chiming in about how they failed them or caused serious injuries due ot their programs.

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think it seems silly if you pay multiple people when one person can do the job.

Most of these players don't even know who the nutritionist is and will never talk with her.  

Maybe, but these guys are professional and they understand taking care of their bodies, some hire their own chef, like Diggs:

https://www.wgrz.com/article/entertainment/television/programs/daybreak/what-the-buffalo-bills-personal-chef-is-cooking-for-the-playoffs/71-d0b9b9f1-2db4-456f-a714-027c5f68e534

I can't say how many on the team pay attention to this, but based on my ex-wife's experience working for the Browns a decade ago, there was probably 10-20 something on the 53 man roster.  We're talking nutrition, massage, chiropracty, PT/training room routines,etc.  

Plenty of NFL athletes take their career very seriously and explore any options to enhance longevity. 

On 3/1/2023 at 3:06 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

No wonder nutrition is low. They only serve wings. 

I cannot believe how backward the NFL and Bills' approach to diet and nutrition is.

It's like 50 years behind what elite athletes are doing in more solo type sports.

Granted, there are a few guys on the team where the nutritional plan is "eat everything 6 times a day" so they can stay a solid 50 or 60 pounds OVER their ideal body weight, which isn't easy...but for most guys on the team not playing on the line nutrition should be hugely important.

Instead they are eating wings and fries in a team cafeteria!

Why not set up cholesterol IVs and install some smoking lounges.

🤣

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/1/2023 at 6:47 PM, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

The Bills for one have more than doubled from 2018-2022. Their value just rose almost 50% in the last year. 2021 - $2.3 billion, 2022 - $3.4 billion. My guess is once Washington sells there will be a big increase again. Add a Super Bowl beforehand and $8 billion is totally doable.

$6B+ for the Commanders....Terry made a good investment. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/2/2023 at 2:48 PM, Big Turk said:

I don't go into the office as I work remote, but the cafeteria there is stocked with all kinds of things for free to eat/drink including various beers, craft beers, hard seltzers, hard lemonades and ciders for people to drink while at work...

And they pay for parking and for lunch at one of three local places around the office up to $15 per meal

Not sure what type of work pays for or encourages drinking while working, would be interested to find out what th product is.  Thoughts tho ; if you drink at work and have an accident /dui , isn’t the company exposed?  Many great people suffer from the diseases of addiction, again not sure how providing abusive substances at work would not further expose the company to legal implications and work comp issues.   If a company provides impairing things to ingest at work,  not sure i would trust their products from a quality standpoint.  Asking for a friend ! 

I’m sorry , this just seems absurd to me and in what state /country is this enterprise?  Hard to believe anywhere in the states could exist like this in todays legal climate. Do they have to pay for a liquor license or because they give it away they have a loophole to avoid needing a license?   What line of work , product is BETTER if employees are allowed to consume alcohol while producing that product , unless it’s testing pharmaceuticals for addiction treatment?   This is just hard to believe !  Lol!  This sounds like , if located in the states, would be somewhere that the legal system is very loose on crime , like a state with no cash bail or where prosecutors allow stealing up to certain levels before prosecuting.     I have worked in lots of types of jobs , fields of interest , but never encountered a company serving alcoholic beverages on site for EMPLOYEES,,,,i mean it sounds like a bar , so did you actually mean to imply workers could consume alcohol while at work or were they present for customers ?  SMDH,,,,,this just doesn’t sound real in any sane way !  Maybe the joke /sarcasm went over my head , its late, I’m sleepy,,, must be a dream. I 😀

LOL...ok:

"Cardinals making changes to operations, but Jonathan Gannon says not because of NFLPA survey

Gannon confirmed the Cardinals fired long-time head athletic trainer Tom Reed.

“Tom has been awesome,” Gannon said. “He’s done a great job here for the last 15 or so years, but we just felt a change was necessary there.”

Gannon, though, refuted that the NFLPA survey played any role in Reed’s departure.

“No. No. I still haven’t read the report card, so no,” Gannon said. “No decision that I make is going to be predicated on a report card or a media story or a narrative out there. I don’t do business like that. We’ll evaluate things how we want to evaluate things and make changes from there.”

5 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Not sure what type of work pays for or encourages drinking while working, would be interested to find out what th product is.  Thoughts tho ; if you drink at work and have an accident /dui , isn’t the company exposed?  Many great people suffer from the diseases of addiction, again not sure how providing abusive substances at work would not further expose the company to legal implications and work comp issues.   If a company provides impairing things to ingest at work,  not sure i would trust their products from a quality standpoint.  Asking for a friend ! 

I’m sorry , this just seems absurd to me and in what state /country is this enterprise?  Hard to believe anywhere in the states could exist like this in todays legal climate. Do they have to pay for a liquor license or because they give it away they have a loophole to avoid needing a license?   What line of work , product is BETTER if employees are allowed to consume alcohol while producing that product , unless it’s testing pharmaceuticals for addiction treatment?   This is just hard to believe !  Lol!  This sounds like , if located in the states, would be somewhere that the legal system is very loose on crime , like a state with no cash bail or where prosecutors allow stealing up to certain levels before prosecuting.     I have worked in lots of types of jobs , fields of interest , but never encountered a company serving alcoholic beverages on site for EMPLOYEES,,,,i mean it sounds like a bar , so did you actually mean to imply workers could consume alcohol while at work or were they present for customers ?  SMDH,,,,,this just doesn’t sound real in any sane way !  Maybe the joke /sarcasm went over my head , its late, I’m sleepy,,, must be a dream. I 😀

It's in Buffalo. I am a software engineer.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.