Bills Rank 9th in NFLPA Team Report Card

Coach Tuesday

18 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The NFLPA surveyed players about their level of satisfaction with the team facilities, training staff, weight facilities, travel etc.  The results are interesting:

https://nflpa.com/buffalo-bills-report-card

Overall the players love the Bills' facilities and treatment of their families.  They got a D+ for travel, probably because they're 1 of 6 teams that makes young players room together (LOL).  The low score on food/nutrition is interesting given the discussion in the Combine pressers thread about whether certain players (Dawkins, Davis, Josh) are in peak physical shape.

Anywho, enjoy.

Most of the complaints are that Bills are splitting people between them and the Sabres so they feel sometimes they have too much on their plates to focus on them enough. Almost all said the complaint weren't about the people they have working there, they think they are amazing, but that they needed more people to help out with things. Key distinction...players believe they have an amazing support staff, just need more people like them.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, babulator said:

Having to have a roommate is weird. When the day is over, you go your way, I'd prefer to go my own way. I can barely tolerate my wife in the room when I'm trying to sleep. Sleep is important, this would be a tough bridge to cross for me.

I guess this is correct, but, I did this on a college team (basketball) and we made it work as we selected our roomies mutually.  We I in the debate, I would not make a big issue over this item.

"Overview

The Buffalo Bills were ranked 9th overall in our team guide. The player respondents hold their staff in high regard. The complaints of some respondents center mostly around wanting to hire more staff to support the quality people that they already have there. For example, the nutritionist/dietician splits time between their hockey team (Sabres) and the Bills. Player respondents would like more trainers and physical therapists (PTs) in the training room to support the existing quality staff.

At the top levels of the organization, the players enjoy playing for head coach Sean McDermott, and 100% of respondents believed the current ownership, the Pegula family, was willing to invest money into upgrading the facility."

nflpa.jpg

Complete NFL rankings:

https://nflpa.com/nfl-player-team-report-cards

"The Cardinals’ report card issued by the NFL Players Association says that players on the Cardinals were the only players in the league who reported having money deducted from their paychecks if they grabbed dinner from the team cafeteria or had a meal when they showed up for additional offseason workouts.

[...]

“The locker room does not have confidence that owner Michael Bidwill is willing to invest to upgrade the facilities, as he ranks the lowest in that category across the league,” the NFLPA says. “The responses that provide the bases for that characterization include: the worst-ranked weight room, which some players feel is a safety hazard; an outdated training room and locker room; and a policy of deducting dinner from players’ paychecks should players want to get food from the facility.”"

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, chongli said:

"Overview

The Buffalo Bills were ranked 9th overall in our team guide. The player respondents hold their staff in high regard. The complaints of some respondents center mostly around wanting to hire more staff to support the quality people that they already have there. For example, the nutritionist/dietician splits time between their hockey team (Sabres) and the Bills. Player respondents would like more trainers and physical therapists (PTs) in the training room to support the existing quality staff.

At the top levels of the organization, the players enjoy playing for head coach Sean McDermott, and 100% of respondents believed the current ownership, the Pegula family, was willing to invest money into upgrading the facility."

nflpa.jpg

Complete NFL rankings:

https://nflpa.com/nfl-player-team-report-cards

"The Cardinals’ report card issued by the NFL Players Association says that players on the Cardinals were the only players in the league who reported having money deducted from their paychecks if they grabbed dinner from the team cafeteria or had a meal when they showed up for additional offseason workouts.

[...]

“The locker room does not have confidence that owner Michael Bidwill is willing to invest to upgrade the facilities, as he ranks the lowest in that category across the league,” the NFLPA says. “The responses that provide the bases for that characterization include: the worst-ranked weight room, which some players feel is a safety hazard; an outdated training room and locker room; and a policy of deducting dinner from players’ paychecks should players want to get food from the facility.”"

Insane that they are charging players for food.  If you're pinching pennies there, you're pinching pennies everywhere. 

My company charges in the actual cooking cafeteria, but fruit, coffee, water, soft drinks, and some other light snacks like granola bars and chips are in all the break rooms for free.  And its a tech company, NOT a football team that needs players to be at certain weights, etc. 

• Agree 2

21 hours ago, eball said:

It says right on the report that the nutrition score is low because the nutritionist splits time between the Bills and Sabres.

That tells me that Pegula needs to give this person a raise and new title and let them hire at least 2 people, let their main person manage the others one for each team and provide support to both

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Overall, this is a very good ranking, especially for one of the smallest market teams. Top-notch facilities and staff. Overall, players seem pretty satisfied. 

It's nice to see this, as a fan of the team. 

It shows that there is a high-quality program here and we just need some 350+ pound linemen to get us over the line to a SB win. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, Einstein said:

Commanders:

Treatment of families: F

Nutrition: D+

Training Room: F-

Locker Room: F-

Training Staff: D

That's... brutal.

Did get an A+ in Strength Staff though.

man... everything about the Commanders  is just miserable, including their awful name. 

5 hours ago, babulator said:

Trust us enough to draft or sign us and pay us minimally (250+k league minimum?), but need a big brother to sleep in the same room as me?

Tremaine was the Captain of the defense but ya know, he's young so go bunk up with another sweaty, smelly, gassy man. Good times.

They say comaraderie, but they mean policing. It's an outdated policy and probably should go.

Making grown-ass men people share a room is ridiculous. Especially when you are a billion-dollar company.

I remember back in the day I had just started with a new company, and we were preparing to travel to a trade show. The info email came out and it had us sharing rooms. I reached out to my roomie and said "Rooms at this place are $99/night. If I book my own room myself, will you split the cost?"

He was onboard, but I would've booked my own room even if he didnt want to split it.

When I told the team logistics team my plan they were SHOCKED. Couldnt believe why or how anyone would want their own room. I was like "I don't need to be up all night with a snoring room mate, or trying to coordinate bathroom usage and showering and getting dressed with my coworker. Seems like a weird situation you are putting a lot of people in."

It was the first time it even crossed their mind that a bunch of adults would want their own spaces.

They rebooked everything the next day, with everyone getting their own room.

But jeez louise...

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Insane that they are charging players for food.  If you're pinching pennies there, you're pinching pennies everywhere. 

My company charges in the actual cooking cafeteria, but fruit, coffee, water, soft drinks, and some other light snacks like granola bars and chips are in all the break rooms for free.  And its a tech company, NOT a football team that needs players to be at certain weights, etc. 

I don't go into the office as I work remote, but the cafeteria there is stocked with all kinds of things for free to eat/drink including various beers, craft beers, hard seltzers, hard lemonades and ciders for people to drink while at work...

And they pay for parking and for lunch at one of three local places around the office up to $15 per meal

Edited by Big Turk
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Based on the Ravens players tearing the organization apart today I would guess that there's more to the Lamar Jackson/Ravens situation than just a disagreement over guaranteed money. 

I'm always going to side with the players on these issues. These teams are worth billions of dollars. Every single one of the 23 teams should have weight rooms where the dumbbells are made of actual gold and silver. 

On 3/1/2023 at 3:18 PM, Einstein said:

Seems kind of petty to not have a nutritionist for each team. It's an extra $70k salary for a $1.4B team.

Overall really good rankings though.

It doesn't have to do with cost savings.  The Hawks, Braves and Falcons use the same nutritionist 

My college had one nutritionist for 9 sports.   

On 3/1/2023 at 3:15 PM, Einstein said:

Commanders:

Treatment of families: F

Nutrition: D+

Training Room: F-

Locker Room: F-

Training Staff: D

That's... brutal.

Did get an A+ in Strength Staff though.

I honestly never knew that such a thing as an “F-“ exists…so just in case the F by itself wasn’t emphatic enough? 🫢

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think it seems silly if you pay multiple people when one person can do the job.

Most of these players don't even know who the nutritionist is and will never talk with her.  

Did you read the Bills report?   It literally said that the Bills players don't think the nutritionist is available to them enough because of time split between teams.   It may seem silly but in truth most of what employees b!tch about is silly, petty bullsh!t.   But employers address the issues anyway.

• Agree 1

On 3/1/2023 at 2:57 PM, Coach Tuesday said:

The NFLPA surveyed players about their level of satisfaction with the team facilities, training staff, weight facilities, travel etc.  The results are interesting:

Overall the players love the Bills' facilities and treatment of their families.  They got a D+ for travel, probably because they're 1 of 6 teams that makes young players room together (LOL).  The low score on food/nutrition is interesting given the discussion in the Combine pressers thread about whether certain players (Dawkins, Davis, Josh) are in peak physical shape.

Anywho, enjoy.

Is 9 good or bad?  I generally consider being opposite of NFLPA's opinion being a good thing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.