Potential Number 1 pick Jalen Carter Arrest Warrant

CountDorkula

On 3/1/2023 at 2:17 PM, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

The girl he was racing had the 0.197 BAC level was involved in the crash that killed the football player and herself.

The bad thing that he did was leave the scene of the crime and came back 2 hours later.

Perhaps if he stayed he could have rendered some type of aid to the crash victims.

Just a guess, but pretty sure if he stayed and they measured his BAC, it woulda been higher than the legal limit

• Like (+1) 1

So many people glorifying incredibly stupid and irresponsible decisions in a thread on a topic where someone died doing the same reckless behavior... what in the literal *****?!

Not talking about people saying I did that, it was dumb, glad nothing happened. I'm talking about saying it was the most glorious thing you've ever done... there are plenty of people on this board under 25, this is a learning opportunity.

Also, how did everyone in here react when Oliver was wrongfully arrested? Everyone have the same response that is glorifying this now? 

I'm not pearl clutching either, and I'm no saint myself, but this is gross.

• Eyeroll 3

His public comment is that "the facts" will have him "completely exonerated" of any crime."

WTF is he talking about?  He lied when the cops asked him if he was racing the other car--in fact he lied first when he told them he was nowhere near the other car ("a mile away"), then he lied and said he was nearby, but following the car from well behind.  Finally he admitted he was alongside the other car.  There is video of him racing the other car, weaving in and out of lanes.

What on earth does he think will exonerate him? I know every charged crook said this, but what is he talking about?

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

His public comment is that "the facts" will have him "completely exonerated" of any crime."

WTF is he talking about?  He lied when the cops asked him if he was racing the other car--in fact he lied first when he told them he was nowhere near the other car ("a mile away"), then he lied and said he was nearby, but following the car from well behind.  Finally he admitted he was alongside the other car.  There is video of him racing the other car, weaving in and out of lanes.

What on earth does he think will exonerate him? I know every charged crook said this, but what is he talking about?

I obviously have no idea what happened here, and I’m glad I don’t have to sort it out. It certainly looks bad. I’m actually posting because this sounds eerily similar to something that happened to one of my buddies sons. He WAS racing on I-75, and there were people around. People saw them racing and he admitted it. His driving was at least partially responsible for a family of four going into the median and rolling their SUV in a horrific accident. Nobody died, but serious injuries resulting in multiple surgeries and years of physical therapy and recovery. It was looking quite grim, for good reason. 

BUT, at the time of the accident his buddy had gotten off the highway and he was no longer racing. He was just a lousy teen driver. This was confirmed by several witnesses, including an off duty cop. It saved his ass. Causing an accident is horrible. Doing it while racing is that times a billion.   Like all similarly awful situations, I’ll try to wait for things to play out before forming an opinion. It might be just what most people probably imagine, but we don’t know for sure. 

Side note: It’s unforeseen stuff like this why it’s wise to at least look into a good umbrella policy. Your car insurance has limits, and you might be up the creek. Worth looking into. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

These are probably the slowest cars on the team. Begs the question, is it a good idea for 18-21 yr olds to be paid NIL deals and given free cars? Are they mature enough to have some of these faster cars as their first car? Seems like a bad idea

Yes we def need government involved in telling adults what kind of car they can or cant get. People get fat too, I think the ATF should install scales at the grocery store for anyone wanting non broccoli items.  What should we start mandatory minimum sentences at here? 5-7'ish? 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

I obviously have no idea what happened here, and I’m glad I don’t have to sort it out. It certainly looks bad. I’m actually posting because this sounds eerily similar to something that happened to one of my buddies sons. He WAS racing on I-75, and there were people around. People saw them racing and he admitted it. His driving was at least partially responsible for a family of four going into the median and rolling their SUV in a horrific accident. Nobody died, but serious injuries resulting in multiple surgeries and years of physical therapy and recovery. It was looking quite grim, for good reason. 

BUT, at the time of the accident his buddy had gotten off the highway and he was no longer racing. He was just a lousy teen driver. This was confirmed by several witnesses, including an off duty cop. It saved his ass. Causing an accident is horrible. Doing it while racing is that times a billion.   Like all similarly awful situations, I’ll try to wait for things to play out before forming an opinion. It might be just what most people probably imagine, but we don’t know for sure. 

Side note: It’s unforeseen stuff like this why it’s wise to at least look into a good umbrella policy. Your car insurance has limits, and you might be up the creek. Worth looking into. 

Don't mean to sound rude....but how can you have "no idea what happened here"?  We know he was there.  We know he was racing the car that crashed.  He's charged with reckless driving and racing.  He lied to the cops about all of that for obvious reasons.  What might exonerate him?  What would you be waiting for that would help you form an opinion?

8 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Yes we def need government involved in telling adults what kind of car they can or cant get. People get fat too, I think the ATF should install scales at the grocery store for anyone wanting non broccoli items.  What should we start mandatory minimum sentences at here? 5-7'ish? 

Someone being fat doesn't put other people in danger like idiot teenagers driving Ferraris 120 mph in the opposite lane into oncoming traffic. If it was you or one of your family members killed you would think about it differently 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Don't mean to sound rude....but how can you have "no idea what happened here"?  We know he was there.  We know he was racing the car that crashed.  He's charged with reckless driving and racing.  He lied to the cops about all of that for obvious reasons.  What might exonerate him?  What would you be waiting for that would help you form an opinion?

Apparently you didn’t read every word I wrote, or you just failed to comprehend. I personally know a person who was in a situation that sounded exactly like this, and he was found to have been innocent of THOSE charges. (There were other consequences.) 

I have no idea, because I’m not going to guess about something without full (as possible) knowledge.  You could argue that it is far more probable that he was way over the limit and he was guilty of all kinds of things, and serious things. But, because they are such serious things, with such serious consequences,  I’ll wait and see. It certainly doesn’t look good, but no harm in waiting for more facts. 

The real question is, WHAT is he guilty of? 

Edited by Augie

5 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Something with D tackles?  

Something with stupid young kids. It’s pretty much universal it seems.

If he ever puts a sailor hat on his head that will be a deal breaker. I can only take so much…. 

Sorry, too soon……but that fruit was SO LOW. 

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Apparently you didn’t read every word I wrote, or you just failed to comprehend. I personally know a person who was in a situation that sounded exactly like this, and he was found to have been innocent of THOSE charges. (There were other consequences.) 

I have no idea, because I’m not going to guess about something without full (as possible) knowledge.  You could argue that it is far more probable that he was way over the limit and he was guilty of all kinds of things, and serious things. But, because they are such serious things, with such serious consequences,  I’ll wait and see. It certainly doesn’t look good, but no harm in waiting for more facts. 

The real question is, WHAT is he guilty of? 

You described a scenario that clearly, is not “exactly” like this. Why would I comment on that?

In this particular case, he is charged with reckless driving and street racing.  The cops say the video demonstrates both of those acts.  So…guilty of that.  Simple.

On 3/1/2023 at 10:40 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

I have done it and know about 100 people that have done it....several times.  Boys get competitive and adrenaline, you'll have a guy trying to pass you in the other lane....hit the gas and talk trash with the windows down to your buddy in the next car.  We did it heading home from college probably every time.  The roads on the state lines between Alabama and Georgia are usually empty....long country roads.  We would hit stretches of 100 mph.  This is 20 year old thinking that you're invincible.  

This is why when I hear stories about this, even as bad as it is, I get more heartbroken than angry.  Someone died that shouldn't and someone made a terrible a mistake.  A mistake I've made and several others but we were lucky.  

I obviously don't do it anymore, people (most) mature and understand reality.  20 year old make stupid mistakes because they don't understand the reality yet.

Exactly.  Frankly, ladies need not reply in this case.  

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

You described a scenario that clearly, is not “exactly” like this. Why would I comment on that?

In this particular case, he is charged with reckless driving and street racing.  The cops say the video demonstrates both of those acts.  So…guilty of that.  Simple.

A good defense lawyer just peed himself laughing reading your post. Lol   There are many elements to consider.. 1. How did they get the video? 2. Did they have a warrant? 3. Is the video untampered with?  So on and so on. Fact is guilty people get off all the time and innocent people get convicted all the time too. The difference? Money! And this kid will have more than enough for a great Defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

So many people glorifying incredibly stupid and irresponsible decisions in a thread on a topic where someone died doing the same reckless behavior... what in the literal *****?!

Not talking about people saying I did that, it was dumb, glad nothing happened. I'm talking about saying it was the most glorious thing you've ever done... there are plenty of people on this board under 25, this is a learning opportunity.

Also, how did everyone in here react when Oliver was wrongfully arrested? Everyone have the same response that is glorifying this now? 

I'm not pearl clutching either, and I'm no saint myself, but this is gross.

Wronfully arrested? The police received a call that his vehicle could not maintain it's lane. Oliver had an open alcohol container between his legs and a loaded firearm in the car. Apparently the chances were great that he was high on a different intoxicant than alcohol, one that he was not tested for. His bloood tested clean for alcohol and the charges were dismissed but I would hardly classify this as a wrongful arrest.

What is your basis for saying "wrongfully arrested?" Are you making this a racial issue? I really fail to understand where you are going with this.

48 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

A good defense lawyer just peed himself laughing reading your post. Lol   There are many elements to consider.. 1. How did they get the video? 2. Did they have a warrant? 3. Is the video untampered with?  So on and so on. Fact is guilty people get off all the time and innocent people get convicted all the time too. The difference? Money! And this kid will have more than enough for a great Defense. 

Is this a serious series of questions?  Every city has traffic cameras everywhere.  Initially the cops assumed this was a single vehicle involved accident.  Then they reviewed the video and found this kid's car clearly driving recklessly and racing in traffic, against traffic---and  issued a warrant for his arrest.  They have video of the 2 cars parked near each other moments before the race and a guy going back and forth between the 2 cars.  

“Seeking evidence of possible racing, officers have obtained surveillance video from city-owned cameras along the route the players took out of downtown Athens. They also obtained footage from at least one business owner.”

Wrong guy?  CGI?

The DA is laughing at your suggestions. 

Edited by Mr. WEO

13 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Someone being fat doesn't put other people in danger like idiot teenagers driving Ferraris 120 mph in the opposite lane into oncoming traffic. If it was you or one of your family members killed you would think about it differently 

Actually I'm not handing over more slippery slope for the gov't to have even more power over us, that effects our everyday lives, to prevent the once every three years accident.

We're headed towards a social credit system pretty fast as it is, and encouraging it too. More govt is never the answer. Less is.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Is this a serious series of questions?  Every city has traffic cameras everywhere.  Initially the cops assumed this was a single vehicle involved accident.  Then they reviewed the video and found this kid's car clearly driving recklessly and racing in traffic, against traffic---and  issued a warrant for his arrest.  They have video of the 2 cars parked near each other moments before the race and a guy going back and forth between the 2 cars.  

“Seeking evidence of possible racing, officers have obtained surveillance video from city-owned cameras along the route the players took out of downtown Athens. They also obtained footage from at least one business owner.”

Wrong guy?  CGI?

The DA is laughing at your suggestions. 

Lol they were examples… You assume guilt based off of a video… also city cameras are 95% just take a picture and are usually poor quality.. depending on the city of course.   I always hate it when people assume guilt based off of what the police say.. that’s not the hole story and everyone is innocent till proven guilty and most people with money can and do get off.  

15 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I hope he hired a good lawyer, but I'm surprised a good lawyer and agent would let him speak.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.