Potential Number 1 pick Jalen Carter Arrest Warrant

CountDorkula

At first, it seemed like no big deal and something almost everyone has done. But I didn’t know it got someone killed, which could happen any time. Don’t think it hurts his stock that bad but it’s a really bad look.

also, because of the defensive talent around him, imo, this guy is a bit overrated as it is.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 2

36 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Well, that speaking won't happen if Carter's legal defense team has anything to do with it.

33 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

At first, it seemed like no big deal and something almost everyone has done. But I didn’t know it got someone killed, which could happen any time. Don’t think it hurts his stock that bad but it’s a really bad look.

also, because of the defensive talent around him, imo, this guy is a bit overrated as it is.

Seriously, driving 104 mph in the opposite lane of traffic (edit: in a suburban area, no less) seems like "something almost everyone has done" to you?

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 7
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Almost everyone has drag raced down a busy street, swerving between lanes of traffic and even oncoming traffic? You really think that?

• Like (+1) 11

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Noted "I'm a good guy" C.Biscuit.

Lmao. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Well, that speaking won't happen if Carter's legal defense team has anything to do with it.

Seriously, driving 104 mph in the opposite lane of traffic seems like "something almost everyone has done" to you?

I have done it and know about 100 people that have done it....several times.  Boys get competitive and adrenaline, you'll have a guy trying to pass you in the other lane....hit the gas and talk trash with the windows down to your buddy in the next car.  We did it heading home from college probably every time.  The roads on the state lines between Alabama and Georgia are usually empty....long country roads.  We would hit stretches of 100 mph.  This is 20 year old thinking that you're invincible.  

This is why when I hear stories about this, even as bad as it is, I get more heartbroken than angry.  Someone died that shouldn't and someone made a terrible a mistake.  A mistake I've made and several others but we were lucky.  

I obviously don't do it anymore, people (most) mature and understand reality.  20 year old make stupid mistakes because they don't understand the reality yet.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Who hasn't raced and sped. My only real problem here, as far as a character concern, is if he knew the teammate was drunk. That changes things for me. Sad story, kids mistake no doubt. We're there prev character concerns?

Not a teammate.  Chandler was a woman staffer.  The teammate that died was a passenger.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Noted "I'm a good guy" C.Biscuit.

Lmao. 

I’m a great guy. I was being humble! 😉

I’m also honest. Did a lot of regrettable things, especially when I was younger, like speeding and worse. I got lucky that things didn’t end up worse. Looking back it was pretty stupid but I would be a total hypocrite to crush this guy. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Who hasn't raced and sped. My only real problem here, as far as a character concern, is if he knew the teammate was drunk. That changes things for me. Sad story, kids mistake no doubt. Were their prev character concerns?

I would bet the majority of college kids won’t even think about someone being drunk and racing. Sadly.

1 minute ago, HOUSE said:

Cleveland or Kansas City  

Maybe Las Vegas  :blush:

I mean Vegas can’t pick him right?

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I have done it and know about 100 people that have done it....several times.  Boys get competitive and adrenaline, you'll have a guy trying to pass you in the other lane.  We did it heading home from college probably every time.  The roads on the state lines between Alabama and Georgia are usually empty....long country roads.  We would hit stretches of 100 mph.  This is 20 year old thinking that you're invincible.  

This is why when I hear stories about this, even as bad as it is, I get more heartbroken than angry.  Someone died that shouldn't and someone made a terrible a mistake.  A mistake I've made and several others but we were lucky.  

I obviously don't do it anymore, people (most) mature and understand reality.  20 year old make stupid mistakes because they don't understand the reality yet.

Thank you. i fully expect consistent pearl clutching here.... stupid decisions, but no doubt something most HS, college, and adult guys have done... but he didnt "kill his teammate". hes going to have a big fine, and carry this for life mentally, sad for all parties involved. white kid does this and its the good ol boy routine, black kd does it and im reading "thug" all over twitter. im so against the way race card gets thrown around now, its lost all meaning, but this fits it to a T

• Eyeroll 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I have done it and know about 100 people that have done it....several times. 

Good grief

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Boys get competitive and adrenaline, you'll have a guy trying to pass you in the other lane.  We did it heading home from college probably every time.  The roads on the state lines between Alabama and Georgia are usually empty....long country roads.  We would hit stretches of 100 mph.  This is 20 year old thinking that you're invincible. 

I get what you're saying about teenage/early 20s "invincible" thinking and testosterone-fueled pursuit of the "danger zone"

But Barnett State Road just outside Athens is not a deserted straight long country road.  It's suburban, heading into another town, where the crash occurred.  It has a center turn lane (which they were reported to be using) and they were reported to be passing other motorists.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I have done it and know about 100 people that have done it....several times.  Boys get competitive and adrenaline, you'll have a guy trying to pass you in the other lane.  We did it heading home from college probably every time.  The roads on the state lines between Alabama and Georgia are usually empty....long country roads.  We would hit stretches of 100 mph.  This is 20 year old thinking that you're invincible.  

I've done the same thing too, but that's not what Carter was (allegedly) doing. Going 100+ down a long empty road and going 100+ through an area with other cars on the road and likely people on the sidewalks are 2 completely different things. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, gobills404 said:

I've done the same thing too, but that's not what Carter was (allegedly) doing. Going 100+ down a long empty road and going 100+ through an area with other cars on the road and likely people on the sidewalks are 2 completely different things. 

I feel like we are also ignoring the BAC levels that were reported. 

Did he bolt because he was also heavily intoxicated?

3 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

I've done it more than on long empty roads.  I've done it in the city.  I never got it up to 100 mph in the city but in the 55 mph sections at 2:00 am....we would hit 90 mph driving home.  

6 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Good grief

I get what you're saying about teenage/early 20s male "invincible" thinking and testosterone-fueled pursuit of the "danger zone"

But Barnett State Road just outside Athens is not a deserted straight long country road.  It's suburban.  It has a center turn lane (which they were reported to be using) and they were reported to be passing other motorists.

I've done it several times not on long country roads.

One spot in particular I know is known for it.  It's 55 mph and people will race down at 2:00 am.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.