"The Sodfather" has had enough, drops mic.

Mr. WEO

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I mean, I'm not a grass expert but if what Toma said was correct, the new NFL director is stupid.

My last house, I had the best grass in the neighborhood.  I bought a new house with nothing but weeds, I'm sodding in the spring.

I will send my before and after photos to the NFL along with my application.  I'm never a "I'm smarter than the experts" kind of guy but I'm 100% sure I would have had the grass better that what this NFL Director did....they allowed fungus to grow because they didn't give it enough sunlight after watering it.  That legitimately is stupid, I'm sorry.

RWC....can I hire you to fix my lawn?  I am in southwest Florida and grass here is a 4 star beeyotch!!!

Funny story old timer at work (2 tour Vietnam Vet) told me about 30 years ago. So this lawn service guy is going around the neighborhood hawking a lawn service... Comes up to my co-worker and says: "Hey your lawn looks stressed, you could use our lawn service."  My co-worker responds: "You think my lawn is stressed, you should see how stressed out I am! No thanks, it will be fine."

I can't imagine Pandemic/Post Pandemic grass and people now. 

LoL... 

21 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

"Me and the league are finished," Toma said. "They can't tell me what to do anymore. We're done."

Telling right here. It's freakin' grass... But the scary part is, what's the League telling others to do with bigger issues! 

Also, he's like 95 years old. He let the league tell him what to do for 80 years!

The NFL should fire Ed Mangan but he'll likely keep that job for another 20 years because the NFL operates like the Soviets at Chernobyl.  There's no fault because there's no fault to see.   

The NFL is also at fault because Mangan knows baseball turf - turf that's in the hot, humid, southern heat of Atlanta. 

He knows absolutely nothing about what they tried to do in Arizona - growing it outside in dry, but not summer desert conditions, and then moving it inside and re-installing it indoors.  

1 hour ago, dpberr said:

The NFL should fire Ed Mangan but he'll likely keep that job for another 20 years because the NFL operates like the Soviets at Chernobyl.  There's no fault because there's no fault to see.   

The NFL is also at fault because Mangan knows baseball turf - turf that's in the hot, humid, southern heat of Atlanta. 

He knows absolutely nothing about what they tried to do in Arizona - growing it outside in dry, but not summer desert conditions, and then moving it inside and re-installing it indoors.  

Exactly.  I once turned on my sprinklers and went to get food.  I saw someone I knew up there and instead of going back home, I stayed.  My sprinklers were on for two hours straight...completely forgot.  This was around 11:00 am and I had a swamp.

I live in Atlanta and by 5:00 pm, most of it had dried up.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

For everyone who commented on the SB field being slippery because of "paint"...not so!  A very disgusted Sodfather explains....as he shreds his colleague to ribbons!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35754546/ex-nfl-groundskeeper-george-toma-super-bowl-lvii-field-was-overwatered

"So, what he does," Toma said, referring to Ed Mangan, the NFL field director who was in charge of the Super Bowl field and worked under Toma for years, "he waters the hell out of it and puts it right into the stadium and that's it. Never sees sunlight again. He can't do that."

"It had a rotten smell," he said.

Toma also alleged that Mangan did not sand the field enough.

"He sanded it two weeks too late," Toma said. "He had only one sanding. He should have had two or three sandings, but he didn't do *****. And that was it. And not only that, he didn't take care of it. He wouldn't listen to anybody."

"I can't take it anymore," said Toma, who said he hasn't been pleased with how the NFL responded to field issues at Super Bowl sites in the past.

"Me and the league are finished," Toma said. "They can't tell me what to do anymore. We're done."

Man, this is the most "get off my lawn" thing I've ever seen

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.