Lori Lightfoot loses in political embarrassment

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Chicago is MAGA country! Lori Lightfoot blames loss on racism & gender and we can’t stop laughing.

angry-lori-lightfoot_from-video.jpg

https://twitchy.com/artistangie-313138/2023/03/01/chicago-is-maga-country-lori-lightfoot-blames-loss-on-racism-gender-and-we-cant-stop-laughing/

She’s delusional. She has only herself to blame. 

Maybe she had had a few too many of those conciliatory Modelo’s before talking to the press…

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Not optimistic. This field was incredibly weak and I don’t have high hopes about either candidate who made the runoff. 

Reading on Vallas, he has a lot of ties to the establishment and a huge war chest.  and keeps talking about fighting crime.

Johnson seemed like he surged. but no idea why.  what makes his platform different from the rest?  hard to find much info on him

18 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Chicago is MAGA country! Lori Lightfoot blames loss on racism & gender and we can’t stop laughing.

angry-lori-lightfoot_from-video.jpg

https://twitchy.com/artistangie-313138/2023/03/01/chicago-is-maga-country-lori-lightfoot-blames-loss-on-racism-gender-and-we-cant-stop-laughing/

Just like most that have the same convictions as her always looking to lay blame some where else rather than growing a set & taking the blame for their own actions a big reason why things are the way they are because of those like her . But of course that's just me ...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

I what? Really? 

Well, you probably sneak in and watch her pee. 

Not quite i'm not in line with the left or who ever it is that thinks it's okay for both male & female to use the same rest room & you would think of something quite as disgusting as that . Which just continues to prove a point about your convictions .

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, T master said:

Not quite i'm not in line with the left or who ever it is that thinks it's okay for both male & female to use the same rest room & you would think of something quite as disgusting as that . Which just continues to prove a point about your convictions .

But the right is full of closet pervs who do stuff like that. You denial is really an admission of guilt! 

Boom! 

• Eyeroll 1

24 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Reading on Vallas, he has a lot of ties to the establishment and a huge war chest.  and keeps talking about fighting crime.

Johnson seemed like he surged. but no idea why.  what makes his platform different from the rest?  hard to find much info on him

Vallas is a traditional establishment guy who has tacked to the right to carve his lane in the election. His endorsements largely come from those that endorse republicans (like the FOP) though Vallas has himself traditionally been a Dem.

Vallas’s support has come from the southwest and northwest white conservative areas of the city. 

Johnson is a Cook County Commissioner, so he has experience with local government administration. His platform is fairly progressive and he’s big on fixing the homelessness problem. He actually was a big supporter of a local non-profit that worked to help the homeless whose associate board I used to sit on. 

However, he has some controversial proposals like a 3% tax on incomes over $100k and a business headcount tax for people who work in the city (and thus benefit from its infrastructure) but live in the suburbs. 

Johnson’s support has come from the white progressive / liberal areas in the north. 

The runoff will be decided by turnout and who can court the west and south side areas that supported Lightfoot, Chuy, and Willie Wilson:

Here’s another breakdown of the vote:

Edited by ChiGoose
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

The runoff will be decided by turnout and who can court the west and south side areas that supported Lightfoot, Chuy, and Willie Wilson:

Wonder what talking point or platform position will pull people from those areas.

and if either of those two have anything that would pull that support.

from the outside looking it, doesnt sound like it could get much worse than Lightfoot.

24 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I what? Really? 

Well, you probably sneak in and watch her pee. 

Who you kidding, you and your cohorts would drink it like it’s an empowering nectar from the Gods.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Wonder what talking point or platform position will pull people from those areas.

and if either of those two have anything that would pull that support.

from the outside looking it, doesnt sound like it could get much worse than Lightfoot.

Given Vallas’s move to the right, I would think that Johnson has a stronger chance at picking up those votes even though they aren’t progressive areas. 

Lightfoot was somehow both arrogant and incompetent. Not a great combination. She didn’t play nice with anyone and just assumed everyone would do what she wanted while she yelled at them and berated them. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

She places the race card, the woman card and the lgbtq card. Probably all at once for the trifect victim card. Never her fault though

The mayor broke one cardinal rule of successful liberal mayoring—-she let the crime brush up against the liberals—-personally, by extension, or by incursion into their neighborhoods. 

With that, she gotta go. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The mayor broke one cardinal rule of successful liberal mayoring—-she let the crime brush up against the liberals—-personally, by extension, or by incursion into their neighborhoods. 

With that, she gotta go. 

Tell me you have no idea what’s going on with the Chicago mayoral election without saying you have no idea what’s going on with the Chicago mayoral election.